Thread: Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Super

Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Super

Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Super

The Alfa Romeo Giulia appeared in 1962, when the famous twin cam engine was enlarged to 1600 cc. It was a very box shaped sedan, with a particularly characteristic rear end, with the straight cut and the little dip in the middle of the boot lid.

Later on the Giulia became available as the and the Giulia TI and Giulia Super, with a slightly increased power output, while at the bottom of the range the Giulia 1300 also appeared.

By far the most desirable version is however the Giulia TI Super, specially made for racing purposes. The engine provided 112 BHP in standard trim, but could be easily tweaked up to 150-155 BHP. It was the same engine used in the 1600 TZ and it was quite a performer, but not on par with the Lotus Cortina. The later GTA took care of that.

Shown is one of 501 TI Supers built, participating in the 2005 Tour Auto
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Looks pretty good! I like Alfa Romeo berlinas.

TI Supers

Hello forum members,

Here some more pictures of Ti Supers.

Ciao, Olaf
    Zagato_Olaf (Olaf Roeten)
    -------------------------
    GT 1300 Junior Zagato 1972 (#1801112)
    GT 1300 Junior Lusso 1974
    Giulia Nuova Super 1600 Lusso 1977
    Alfa Sud 5M 1980 (R.I.P.)

Ha, I thought you might be going to post this one...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

In 1964, a little Alfa Romeo sedan driven by Dr Roberto Bussinello and Ralph Sach won the inaugural Sandown 6 Hour touring car endurance race. Next Sunday, Italian cars again will challenge for the trophy that has become one of the most prestigious in Australian motorsport - and again they will be in a world-class field.

Also making a nostalgic return to the Sandown sidelines will be that rare 1.6 litre Alfa Romeo Guilia Super Ti, which vanquished an international field including Mini Cooper, Volkswagen and Nissan works teams, a supercharged Studebaker driven by an Indy 500 winner and two Lotus Cortinas in the hands of relative unknowns Jackie Stewart and Allan Moffat.
    Also 1st outright in the 1965 event (drivers Frank Gardner & Kevin Bartlett) and had a long racing history here

2005 pic reputed to be this very car - then being used as a daily-driver in japan!

that is a very nice and almost similar story as that one from 1967, when the very first Trans-Am race was and a little 1600 cc GTA Bertone wiped the asses of the 5 liter mustangs and barracudas. Drivers included a certain Jochen Rindt....

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    that is a very nice and almost similar story as that one from 1967, when the very first Trans-Am race was and a little 1600 cc GTA Bertone wiped the asses of the 5 liter mustangs and barracudas. Drivers included a certain Jochen Rindt....
    Jochen Rindt would've beaten them in a bycicle.

Probably...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Giulia's best friend?

(not a TI)

ah, the Colli Combi, one of these was also used during one of the Tour Auto editions

Thread Information