Thread: Monnier Speciale

Monnier Speciale

This single seater is the product of French workshop keeper Maurice Monnier. The car is fitted with a six cylinder 1500 cc Fiat engine. Little is known (by me at least ) about its contemporary racing activities, but the car has been showing up lately at historic events like the German Old Timer Grand Prix, where the pics were taken in 2004. Take a good look at picture #4, to see how simple the driver could keep track of the remaining fuel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Many thanks! By the way, hae you seen the Vintage Racer pictures on the Flickr website? The first two pictures in the second row show a "blue vintage race car" that I can't recognize. Can you?
    All the best
    Uncle Ed

Il'' try if you send me a more precise link, I don't know what site you are talking about...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Monnier Secial

If you try "flickr vintage racer" you may get a page of small pictures of old racing cars. (I can't guarantee that you'll get it.) The first two pictures in the second row show an unidentified blue racer that I'd like to identify.
    Flickr is not an easy site to deal with. You can enlarge the small pictures, but 99% of the time you can't print them out.
    Apropos of not much, I think I've straightened out the 1952-53 Cooper-Bristols, Cooper-Altas etc. by chassis numbers and owners. If anybody cares, I'll be happy to share my data with them.
    All the best
    Uncle Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ed
    If you try "flickr vintage racer" you may get a page of small pictures of old racing cars. (I can't guarantee that you'll get it.) The first two pictures in the second row show an unidentified blue racer that I'd like to identify.
    Flickr is not an easy site to deal with. You can enlarge the small pictures, but 99% of the time you can't print them out.
    Apropos of not much, I think I've straightened out the 1952-53 Cooper-Bristols, Cooper-Altas etc. by chassis numbers and owners. If anybody cares, I'll be happy to share my data with them.
    All the best
    Uncle Ed
    Found the site. Picture nr. 1 of that car has some comments, and one says it is a La Pintada from 1932. That would save you any more trouble as it is obviously pre-war.

UCP is planning an feature on the Cooper Bristol (many examples are still being raced) and may be we could use some of the data you have.

here is what she looked like in 1995... I'm happy to see she found the courageous new owner she deserved.

BTW, i've got a 3 pages article about the Monnier speciales, written by P. Abeillon, Henk, if you're interested... ( in french)
    Last edited by Hold_&; 11-10-2006 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_&
    here is what she looked like in 1995... I'm happy to see she found the courageous new owner she deserved.

BTW, i've got a 3 pages article about the Monnier speciales, written by P. Abeillon, Henk, if you're interested... ( in french)

Thanks, amazing picture, In the interest of this community can you make an English summary of that document and add that to this thread? Alternatively send the document to me and I'll do the translation/summary....
    Last edited by henk4; 11-11-2006 at 02:42 AM.

I'd be interested in the French Monnier article. Though I teach German, I can read French just well enough to get the idea. Any material (especially pictures) on other French specials would also be most welcome, especially the Jicey, Balsa-BMW, Martin-BMW . . .
    All the best,
    Uncle Ed

Henk, I'd be happy to e-mail you a full page of Cooper-Bristol listings, including all the 1952-53 cars. What's the best way to send it? Can you give me an e-mail address?
    Uncle Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ed
    Henk, I'd be happy to e-mail you a full page of Cooper-Bristol listings, including all the 1952-53 cars. What's the best way to send it? Can you give me an e-mail address?
    Uncle Ed
    check your private message in-box....

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Thanks, amazing picture, In the interest of this community can you make an English summary of that document and add that to this thread? Alternatively send the document to me and I'll do the translation/summary....
    Well i can consider doing it ... it might take some time

Thread Information