Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Passat R GT SEMA 2005

Volkswagen Passat R GT SEMA 2005

First Stand-Alone European Exhibitor at Aftermarket Show

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 1, 2005 – Volkswagen of America Inc. today hosted its first display in the 42-year history of the Specialty Equipment Market Association’s (SEMA) annual exhibition of automotive parts and accessories, presenting a trio of ultra-high-performance dream vehicles, two new accessorized sport sedans, plus a glimpse into the future with a race-winning robotic SUV.

Volkswagen has been a familiar marque at the SEMA Show since the first Beetle was transformed into a dune buggy, but never before has Volkswagen of America exhibited at the automotive aftermarket’s most important gathering. In addition to the three project vehicles built in cooperation with HPA Motorsports, the display features two of Volkswagen’s newest production cars, the Jetta 2.0T and Passat 2.0T, each adorned with a comprehensive array of Genuine Volkswagen Accessories, from body kits to sport suspension springs to uniquely styled interior accoutrements.
    Volkswagen also brought along “Stanley,” an electronically sophisticated Touareg developed with Stanford University. The driverless SUV made history by winning a 130-mile race for robotic vehicles across the Nevada desert in October. Bristling with advanced electronics, some of which may soon make their way into Volkswagen production cars, Stanley has been hailed as a genuine breakthrough in remote guidance vehicle technology.

Evidence of this passion was plainly visible in the three R GT project vehicles, inspired by the success of the high-performance R32. Mixing and melding some of Volkswagen’s most advanced production car technology – a responsive narrow-angle V6 engine, handling-enhancing 4MOTION all-wheel drive and the innovative and acclaimed dual-clutch auto-manual transmission DSG – with the aesthetic visions of Volkswagen’s California-based design studio, the Jetta R GT, Passat R GT and Touareg R GT represent just a few of the many ways that Volkswagen’s core strengths can be enhanced to deliver performance based on solid German engineering.

Performance tuners are drawn to platforms that capably support increased engine power and that also accept complementary upgrades to such other elements as brakes and suspension. Volkswagens platforms have fulfilled those needs for generations, but never have the worlds of the showroom stock vehicle and the highly modified aftermarket special been as close as they are now. Personalizing a Volkswagen begins as early as the first visit to the dealer, as demonstrated by the 2006 Jetta 2.0T and 2006 Passat 2.0T on display. Each was modified inside and out using Genuine Volkswagen Accessories and shows how the enthusiast, at the time of purchase, can order an even more appealing platform for subsequent upgrades.

Volkswagen always has had a presence at SEMA – reflected by the hundreds of VW vehicles shown over the years, and by the many exhibitors who specialize in parts and accessories aimed at the Volkswagen enthusiast. This year’s exhibit, however, isn’t a look back at a rich history but instead is an expression of a vital component of Volkswagen’s philosophy: fun-to-drive performance.

VW’s current technical strengths and enriched model lines are simply one wave of a torrent of new models, including a new Passat with a larger, more powerful V6, the next GTI, the Eos hardtop convertible, and, further down the line, a 2+2 sport coupe that hearkens to the heyday of the Scirocco. Look for more exciting Volkswagens at next year’s SEMA Show.

Founded in 1955, Volkswagen of America, Inc. is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan. It is a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, headquartered in Wolfsburg, Germany. Volkswagen is one of the world’s largest producers of passenger cars and Europe’s largest automaker. Volkswagen of America and its affiliates employ approximately 3,000 people in the United States and are responsible for the sale and service of Audi, Bentley, and Volkswagen products through retail networks comprising in total more than 900 independent U.S. dealers.

"Volkswagen" and "4MOTION" are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG. "DSG" is a trademark of Volkswagen AG. All other trademarks used in this document are the property of their respective owners
    Attached Images Attached Images

Passat R GT...LOL! Makes me laugh so hard!

Volkswagen Passat R GT #2:

Damn you Dino. You couldnt wait, now could you?
    Volkswagen Passat R GT #3:

not a good idea at all...

EDIT: right, i didn't read it's for the SEMA. it looks ok then
    Last edited by dydzi; 11-02-2005 at 02:48 PM.
    12 cylinders or walk!

Argh... that damn grill.

edit: Why do I get the feeling this would go into the same category as ricers getting hold of a Maxima and making it look like a racer when it will always be ricer?
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Those exhausts suck so much.

Would it kill them to paint the panel around the grill? It looks terrible.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

needs some sort of rear spoiler. It grows on you. I bet its a real scorcher to drive.

I love it, needs a bit of finetuning especially the exhausts, but it looks great.
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

I love this car. They should definitly produce it.

btw did anyone notice the white PSP in the back of the driver's seat?
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

It'll fit right in at SEMA once it gets an ugly paint job and a skanky girl hanging on it.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    I love this car. They should definitly produce it.

btw did anyone notice the white PSP in the back of the driver's seat?
    I do, but I donno why they call it R-GT. I guess since VW owns Audi and Audi owns Lamborghini, they decided to steal their own stuffs, and speaking of stealing...........what's with the PSP really?

EDIT: and the iPods near the gear shift............weirdos.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I hope they fired whoever green-lighted that black mess on the front.

i think its great.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Thread Information