Thread: Jowett Jupiter

Jowett Jupiter

Jowett Jupiter,

Based on the 4-door Jowett Javelin, this two seater hides a little more than the eye can see. Underneath this sleek roadster body is a real space frame, designed by German Eberan von Eberhorst, which turned the car into a lightweight special of only 700 kg.

The engine was a 1500 flat-four, which produced 63 BHP in the Jupiter. Suspension was by torsion bars. A special glass fibre version did not make it to the production stage.

Production lasted from 1950 to 1954 and 899 cars came off the assembly line. Jowett went bankrupt in 1954, mainly because of complexity of the Javelin, which was not in line with post-war demand. Also its rustproness did not contribute to its reputation.

Shown here is an example present at the Silverstone Historics in 2005.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    not exactly high res
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    not exactly high res
    Indeed not the best quality pic no. Alas I don't have many hi res pics but thought I'd risk sharing it because its an interesting aspect of a very intruigingly engineered car

But please delete if unsuitable

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    But please delete if unsuitable
    Even if I would, I don't have the power to do that

Thread Information