Thread: Fiat Multipla

Fiat Multipla

The Fiat Multipla was an extraordinary design, presented in 1956. The car combined the rear mechanicals of the Fiat 600, presented one year before, with the front axle of the Fiat 1100. The body was really pioneering the MPV concept (without of course using such acronyms) with the front bench put virtually upon the front axle, and the rear seat offering enormous space, in spite of the not so long wheelbase. No wonder the car gained instant popularity as a taxi.

The engine was the 633 cc unit from the Fiat 600, giving 22 bhp. In 1960 the 767 cc engine became available, producing 29 bhp and allowing a top speed of 110 kph. Production was halted in 1966 and 160,260 examples were made, many of which have been eaten by rust, but good ones are still around as shown here at Het Loo and on Retromobile 2005.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Another perfect one at Autoclįssico 2004 at Porto
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

when i got my license, i am onna try and talk some keys loose from my uncle or otherwise steal them I love that car's sweet looking face
    http://www.classicpassion.nl/trouwauto_fiat.php (last picture, ISO Grifo seen through the windows )

So cute, like a puppy, you want to take it home. Quality pics!! Any interior shots, even low res?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    So cute, like a puppy, you want to take it home. Quality pics!! Any interior shots, even low res?
    follow my link.edit: the white one on Henk's pictures was imported from Italy two years ago.It was still owned by the original owner, a group of nuns at the moment three of those little cars are in Holland. My uncle's one, the white one and one other.
    Last edited by drakkie; 11-16-2005 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    follow my link.edit: the white one on Henk's pictures was imported from Italy two years ago.It was still owned by the original owner, a group of nuns at the moment three of those little cars are in Holland. My uncle's one, the white one and one other.
    The blue with white top car on the Classic Passion site is your Uncle's?

Yep , (said the uncle)
    If you look at the geschiedenis (=history) section you will find all the cars I have owned and a lot of the more interesting ones I still posess

BTW tnaks for tipping me off Drakkie, I ll be shure to keep the keys in the safe.....
    www.classicpassion.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Sei cilindri
    Yep , (said the uncle)
    If you look at the geschiedenis (=history) section you will find all the cars I have owned and a lot of the more interesting ones I still posess
    Thanks, great collection!! My favorites: Iso Grifo and the Fiat 2300 Coupe.

BTW tnaks for tipping me off Drakkie, I ll be shure to keep the keys in the safe.....
    Haha...busted

thanks for the compliment

I like to say that I have no real favorit as one cannot compare them but I have to confess I too have a soft spot for the Fiat 2300 which is so beuautiful, refined yet reliable and rare
    www.classicpassion.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Sei cilindri
    let's switch to plan B then

Thread Information