Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfa Romeo Giulia GTC

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTC

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTC.

One of the rarest versions of the Giulia GT is the cabriolet, which was produced for only one year during 1966 and 1967. It came with the 1600 engine, delivering 106 bhp, and Bertone thought that offering a full 4-seater cabriolet he could take away some clients from Pininfarina’s Duetto Spider, which was not unanimously liked. With the roof up it look a bit clumsy compared to the GT, but with the cover down, it really is a beautiful car. Only 1000 were made.

Here is one at the Concours d’Elegance at Schwetzingen in 2003.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I still think the GT is better looking after seeing top down pictures
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

hi guys, i am an owner of 1.6 gt veloce,had it already for 9 years,restored it but still missing some part.

may we have some pics please , I'm fan of these cars , I'll certainly create a thread for the classic section about sprints Henk

I thought the 1966 Giulia was called the GTV (Veloce).

Quote Originally Posted by 90ft
    I thought the 1966 Giulia was called the GTV (Veloce).
    GTC was used for the cabriolets only
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Check this one out!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Check this one out!
    ditto

A 1965 Giulia GTC has came back home after 43 years!

Pisa, January 30 2008

Dear Friends,

With this my first message in Ultimatecarpage, I would like to propose to your attention one of the most beautiful Alfa Romeo produced in the 60s: the Giulia GTC. This car represented the convertible version of the Giulia Sprint 1600 GT, the inimitable Alfa Romeo coupé designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro for Bertone. The preparation of the Giulia GT Cabriolet was committed to the Carrozzeria Touring in Milan which ended its activity right with this car, built in about 1000 exemplares including 99 RHD versions. Today, this car is quite rare even due to the fact that the Alfa Romeo of the 60s were not treated with untirust painting and most of the Giulia GTC survived are rotten or disastrously restored. Anyway, in the last two-three years, the prices for this type of car have substantially gronwn up also for exemplares in very bad conditions. Fortunately, last year I succeeded in buying a 1965 RHD Giulia GTC in London, moving then it back home to Italy after 43 year spent abroad. It is currently under a comprehensive philological restoration. I hope to show you more pictures of this red cabriolet very soon.

Bye, bye to the next time on this forum!

Giovanni
    Last edited by 1965-GTC; 02-02-2008 at 03:51 AM.

Giovanni,

Wonderful purchase!

Can't wait to see as many pics and stories as you can post. All of the mid restoration ones would be great too.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Great choice indeed.

One of the most elegant and underrated convertibles ever.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I agree! This one was spotted in the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Great choice indeed.

One of the most elegant and underrated convertibles ever.
    Hello forummembers,

Please let me introduce myself. My name is Olaf Roeten, I live in Bussum, 20 miles south east of Amsterdam and I am a fan of Alfa Romeo's in general and of Junior Zagato's in particular.
    Together with one of my Alfa friends, we run the Register Junior Zagato Holland, part of the Dutch Alfa Romeo Owners Club (SCARB). At the moment, more than 90 JZ's of the 1300 and 1600 version are registered in The Netherlands alone. That's a lot taking into consideration that Zagato built only 1519 units between 1969 and 1975.
    You can also find me on the Alfa Bulletin Board (Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums).

I attached a couple of pictures of a Dutch GTC, spotted some time ago. Great car!

Ciao,Olaf
    Zagato_Olaf (Olaf Roeten)
    -------------------------
    GT 1300 Junior Zagato 1972 (#1801112)
    GT 1300 Junior Lusso 1974
    Giulia Nuova Super 1600 Lusso 1977
    Alfa Sud 5M 1980 (R.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagato_Olaf View Post
    Hello forummembers,

Please let me introduce myself. My name is Olaf Roeten, I live in Bussum, 20 miles south east of Amsterdam and I am a fan of Alfa Romeo's in general and of Junior Zagato's in particular.
    Together with one of my Alfa friends, we run the Register Junior Zagato Holland, part of the Dutch Alfa Romeo Owners Club (SCARB). At the moment, more than 90 JZ's of the 1300 and 1600 version are registered in The Netherlands alone. That's a lot taking into consideration that Zagato built only 1519 units between 1969 and 1975.
    You can also find me on the Alfa Bulletin Board (Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums).

I attached a couple of pictures of a Dutch GTC, spotted some time ago. Great car!

Ciao,Olaf
    Welcome Olaf, and that list is indeed impressive...any idea how many GTCs we have?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Welcome Olaf, and that list is indeed impressive...any idea how many GTCs we have?
    Hello Henk,

Thank you! To my knowledge, their are at least 5 GTC's in Holland at the moment. I do not have specific information on chassisnumbers or licence plate holders. But one of them has been restored to showroom condition by a classic car company in Kampen recently.

Ciao, Olaf
    Zagato_Olaf (Olaf Roeten)
    -------------------------
    GT 1300 Junior Zagato 1972 (#1801112)
    GT 1300 Junior Lusso 1974
    Giulia Nuova Super 1600 Lusso 1977
    Alfa Sud 5M 1980 (R.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagato_Olaf View Post

Hello Henk,

Thank you! To my knowledge, their are at least 5 GTC's in Holland at the moment. I do not have specific information on chassisnumbers or licence plate holders. But one of them has been restored to showroom condition by a classic car company in Kampen recently.

Ciao, Olaf
    Probably Jan Steutel knows them all.....

Thread Information