Thread: Lancia Appia Zagato GT(E)

Lancia Appia Zagato GT(E)

Lancia Appia Zagato GT(E)

On the basis of the humble Appia Zagato build a nice looking sportscar, that even actively participated in motorsports. The GT was launched in 1956 and became the final production version, after Zagato had tried about 50 different individual models. The first version had a less streamlined front section, and was fitted with a 53 BHP V4 engine of 1090 cc. The series 2 was not much different, but the Series 3 had a little more extravagant nose. It was renamed GTE where E stood for Esportazione. The most powerful versions now had 60 BHP, with which the car could reach 160 kph. Although a semi-series product, still there could be minor differences in the various body shapes. Production lasted until 1963 and in total 406 cars of all series were made.

Here is one at the Concours d’Elegance at Schwetzingen in 2003, the third pic was taken in 2004 during the Concours at Het Loo (note the people in the background ) and the white one was shown at Interclassics in 2005 in Maastricht,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

As all Zagato's before and after it in one word :magnifcent !
    www.classicpassion.nl

I have two appia zagatos, both of which are in drastic condition. I am slowly acquiring enough parts to put at least one of them together. I will admit that i am obsessed with these cars. There is nothing like them. The odd, long proportions and light gracefullness is all lost on todays cars.

Quote Originally Posted by grich View Post
    I have two appia zagatos, both of which are in drastic condition. I am slowly acquiring enough parts to put at least one of them together. I will admit that i am obsessed with these cars. There is nothing like them. The odd, long proportions and light gracefullness is all lost on todays cars.
    welcome to UCP. If you find the time we would love to see a pictorial review of the restoration progress.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information