Thread: Rinspeed Porsche 997 Carrera Gullwing

Rinspeed Porsche 997 Carrera Gullwing

Rinspeed Porsche 997 Carrera Gullwing

Whether Carrera or Carrera S, Coupe or Convertible: Rinspeed offers a new aerodynamics package for these models for immediate deliveries. The original front bumper is accentuated by a front spoiler lip which increases the down force. Esthetically designed side sills let the 997 appear to be lower and more stretched. A fixed rear wing optimizes the effect of the movable factory rear spoiler and underlines the powerful and sporty looks. The rear bumper add-on lip in a diffusor design extends the bumper downwards and sets the twin angular double exhaust tips of the sport muffler effectfully in scene. The Swiss tuners also offers the well-known aluminum wheel in the "R5/1" design either in 18 inch or 19 inch. The front axle takes at most a 8.5x19" and the rear axle a 11x19" wheel. Tires of the dimensions 235/35-19 and 315/25-19 then are mounted.

To complete the program for the 997 Rinspeed also offers a wide variation of exhaust systems from angular double end tips to a flow optimized sport exhaust inclusive tubular headers, metal catalytic converters and rear muffler.

A highlight is set by the gull wing doors by the Swiss customizing company. The original doors swing upwards instead of laterally. An awesome and exclusive look is guaranteed.

Suspension wise Rinspeed opts for either sporty springs with a lowering of approximately 25 mm (1 inch) or alternatively an in height and stiffness adjustable coil over suspension kit which can also be used for vehicles equipped with the PASM.

The interior is enhanced by full leather trims in any color and variation, carbon decor elements, air bag sport steering wheels, aluminum pedals, foot rests and shift knobs.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Rinspeed Porsche 997 Carrera Gullwing #2

Being nice since 2007.

I think that's called "scissor" instead of gullwing. Gullwings pivot from the roof. Anyway, this is ricey and messes up an otherwise nice car.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77
    I think that's called "scissor" instead of gullwing. Gullwings pivot from the roof. Anyway, this is ricey and messes up an otherwise nice car.

I don't agree, there is nothing excesive about the body to call it ricey. As far as the doors go, pointless maybe but not rice. I specially like the color.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    ...I specially like the color.
    Totally agree... I really like the painted wheels Porsche do, look awesome.
    Porsche!

as long as the doors are closed its a nice looking porsche... doors open and it loses all appeal.

i agree with blackcat
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

The doors make it look less serious performance machine and more Auto show material. Sorry the cheesy doors kill this otherwise perfect car.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

yeah, you said it a lot better than i did.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77
    well, I didn't name it myself..I'll make sure I have a hand in the naming of OUR next car

Being nice since 2007.

speaking of "OUR car" whatever happened to the UCP Supercar??

Thread Information