Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ascari A10 Prototype 2006

Ascari A10 Prototype 2006

Ascari, creators of the stunning KZ1 supercar, has just revealed that it has a second car in development – the 600bhp A10 – a road going version of Ascari’s Spanish GT Race Car.

Currently undergoing rigorous testing in advance of its Summer 2006 release, the A10 is the next generation Ascari dream drive. Engineers at Banbury and at the exclusive RaceResortAscari racetrack, are committed to ensuring this 220mph supercar delivers a knockout blow to the competition. And just like its highly desired KZ1 cousin, the 1280kg A10 will be just as elusive, with just 50 to be hand-built at Banbury, and even more exclusive with a price tag of around £350,000.

Power will come from a 600bhp 5-litre V8 engine, with a six speed manual as standard and a sequential gearbox available as an option. With a six-piece carbon fibre body, fixed rear wing and distinctive headlight configuration, the A10 is destined to be a head-turner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And heres the famous non-official photo of it (posted by me earlier this month)

Isn't this company owned by a dutch guy called Klaas Zwart or something like that??

Love the car(s) from Ascari.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Isn't this company owned by a dutch guy called Klaas Zwart or something like that??

Yes it is, a friend of mine, Pterps who also visits UCP now and then has been to the factory in England, next time he goes there he might can have a go in the KZ1
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

I agree the cars are amazing!
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Awsome
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

the Ascari is called KZ1, does that link to what you asked???

and for the fans: here is the K1R version, shot at Silverstone in June 2005
    Last edited by henk4; 12-13-2005 at 02:45 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Here are some KZ1R pics that I took in Amsterdam after driving it as a passenger for 200 meters (way toooo short). Yes, the company is owned by Klaas Zwart and the factory is real impressive! Klaas Zwart is also the owner of the Ascari Race Resort, an absolute dream for every car-nut, and that's not so weird because Zwart is an absolute car-nut too!
    I have seen the A10 a few weeks ago in the factory, it's a beautifull car and it looks very racy, even more than the KZ1R.

And some pics that I took in Le Mans:

(from Ascari Press Release) British Supercar manufacturer, Ascari has produced the answer to the Ferrari Enzo FXX, but for keeps!

Whereas the Enzo FXX is not road legal, it was produced to be driven during track days only and costs just over £1 million (1.5m EUROS), the A10 is road legal so can be driven home and parked on your drive, to the envy of your neighbours for just £350,000 (522.000 EUROS).

Designed, engineered and hand built in Banbury, England the A10 has 625bhp and weighs in at around 1200kg, thanks to its lightweight carbon fibre bodywork. Reaching 60mph in just 2.8 seconds and 100mph in less than 6 seconds, the manufacturer claims the A10 is the fastest road going production car around a race track.

Only 10 are available and will be built to order.

The A10 is more than just a revamped KZ1, which has found success in its first year of competing in the GT3 in 2006. It has new body panels, a reworked engine and suspension, with extensive brake modifications to cope with the extra power. Lucky owners will also benefit, if they wish, from some luxuries such as remote central locking, electric windows and door mirrors, climate control and a Thatcham Category 1 alarm system.

The UK’s newest Supercar will make its first ever appearance at the 2006 MPH show in Birmingham, England on 28 October.

MPH’06 kick starts on October 26th at Birmingham’s NEC for 3 days before heading south to Earls Court in London between 2nd and 5th November.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Now that sounds exciting!
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Ascari A10 2007 #3
    Last edited by carreragt10; 06-08-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Ascari A10 2007 #4
    Last edited by carreragt10; 06-08-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Ascari A10 2007 #5

Ascari A10 2007 #6

Thread Information