Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infiniti M

Infiniti M

As the latest addition to the Infiniti lineup of powerful rear-wheel drive sedans, the new M45 performance sport sedan is positioned between the flagship Q45 – with which it shares many major drivetrain components – and the G35 Sport Sedan. The M45 not only delivers an astonishing driving experience from its advanced 340-horsepower V8 engine and 4-wheel independent suspension, it also offers a level of attributes and features not found in similarly priced 6-cylinder-equipped competitive models. The M45 went on sale in October 2002, with a starting MSRP of $42,300.

Body

* Distinctive, sculpted exterior appeal with a 110.2-inch wheelbase
    * Body-color side molding, body-color mirrors with integral turn signals, chrome door handles
    * High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights and rear taillights with clear reflectors

Engine and Driveline

* 340-horsepower, 32-valve 4.5-liter DOHC V8 (shared with the flagship Q45)
    * Electronically controlled 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode
    * Front engine/rear-wheel drive with dual outlet exhaust
    * Standard Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS) and cancel switch
    * Standard cruise control, available Infiniti Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) system (designed to maintain selected following distances)

Suspension, Steering and Braking

* 4-wheel independent suspension with multi-link rear suspension, strut with coil spring front suspension, front and rear stabilizer bars and front strut tower bar
    * Rack-and-pinion vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering
    * 4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes, standard 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Brake Assist (BA) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
    * 18 x 7.5-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and P235/45WR18 high performance tires (all-season tires are also available at no additional cost – consumer choice)

Interior Features

* Vehicle Information System with large center-mounted multi-function LCD screen
    * Optional DVD-driven Infiniti Navigation System, digital Bose® Premium audio system with 7 speakers, Bose® AudioPilot™ Noise Compensation Circuit Technology
    * Available Infiniti Voice Recognition featuring Visteon Voice Technology™
    * Available Climate Control Seats (CCS™) heating and cooling front sport bucket seats with standard Infiniti exclusive Sojourner Luxury Leather seating surfaces

Safety and Security

* Dual stage supplemental front air bags, front seat side-impact and curtain side-impact supplemental air bags
    * Available direct reading tire pressure monitor system

Manufacturing

* Exterior and interior designed at Nissan Technical Center (NTC) in Atsugi, Japan
    * Assembled by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. at Tochigi, Japan

2003-2004 Infiniti M45 #1
    Attached Images Attached Images

2003-2004 Infiniti M45 #2

Ah, the venerable Nissan Cedric/Gloria...
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

2006 Infiniti M

2006 Infiniti M

The all-new Infiniti M, which is scheduled for sale in late February as a 2006 model, captures essential elements of both the Q45 luxury performance sedan and the award-winning Infiniti G35 -- and takes them to a new level of engaging luxury and performance. Together with the flagship Q45 and sporty G35, the 2006 M gives Infiniti an exceptional lineup of dynamic luxury performance sedans.

The Infiniti M optimizes both luxury and sport styling to create a dynamic visual appeal. Inside, the interior is highly expressive, combining a driver-oriented cockpit with an inviting design detail.

At the heart of the Infiniti M is the high-performance power of a choice of advanced V8 or V6 engines, with the vehicles badged M45 or M35 respectively. Both engines are mated to a standard 5-speed automatic transmission with all-new short-throw performance shifter and manual shift mode with downshift rev matching. The M35 also features an available intelligent all-wheel drive system.

Advanced technology is abundant on the new M -- starting with the standard Bluetooth(R) wireless technology, an all-new Vehicle Information System with 7-inch LCD screen and easy-to-use controls, Infiniti voice recognition and Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS). M Sport models feature a new Rear Active Steer system, which helps improve vehicle handling performance by adjusting the geometry of the rear suspension according to steering input and vehicle speed. Also featured on the M is an available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, which warns the driver of a pending, unintended lane departure.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

More pics...
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Last for now...

I was gonna put this in the hideout, however I apparently don't have permission to post there... perhaps it could be moved.

Yeah I think it should be moved there as well..

I dont like the bottom of the front bumper...and the back revolts me.
    Oh well, I might not ever see one
    All about the t-tops

I think it's a pretty good looking car, although the rear does look a little bloated. However I think it's safe to say it's a massive improvement over the outgoing M45... that thing was just plain hideous.

You have permission to post there, however you can't make new threads. And it worked just as I had hoped. There's already an Infiniti M thread in there, so you would have been making a duplicate thread. That's why I have the thread-making locked down. I'll merge this thread with the existing thread. In the future, feel free to add to existing threads in the hideout.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Alright no problem, I decided to make a new one because it was the all-new version, but this is cool too.

2011 Infiniti M

2011 Infiniti M Makes Virtual Debut at Concours d'Elegance

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (Aug. 14, 2009) – Infiniti today provided an advanced look at the all-new 2011 Infiniti M performance luxury sedan at the 59th Annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. This is the third generation of Infiniti's popular M and the first to be sold across all of Infiniti's 32 markets around the world, including Western Europe.

Like the current Infiniti M, the next-generation design will be offered with V8 and V6 engines. The 2011 M models will be designated the Infiniti M56 and Infiniti M37 respectively, reflecting their more powerful, larger displacement engines. The M56 V8 is expected to offer more than 400 horsepower. For Western Europe, the M56 will be replaced by a V6 performance diesel.

The 2011 Infiniti M also features a completely redesigned body, with authentic sports sedan proportions and evocative new styling with a low front end and deeply sculpted fenders inspired by the Infiniti Essence concept car. The new M interior promises to be pure Infiniti, highlighted by the use of innovative materials, an advanced climate control system, superior audio and an enhanced quality feel. Despite improved performance from the new engine lineup, fuel consumption will be reduced.

In addition, the 2011 M will continue Infiniti's technology innovation leadership with a blind spot intervention system. This industry-first system is designed to help alert the driver if another vehicle is detected in an adjacent lane during an intended lane change, and then help assist the driver in returning the vehicle toward the center of the original lane of travel.

The 2011 Infiniti M, which is scheduled to go on sale across the world starting from spring 2010, was revealed through a unique "video mapping" process – in which a "virtual M" was created on a 3D form. It is the world's first "virtual only" (no physical vehicle) automotive application of this cutting-edge technology. The 2011 Infiniti M will make its official public debut later this year.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    2011 M is dropdead sexy! im in love, again. just as sexy as the G35/37 and FX35/45.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

the interior on the new M is so gorges and outstanding ! the finally realized their centre knob was too high for the driver to reach without moving out of his seat and the wood work is lovely and is styled in a very new way on the dashboard and the front side doors.

the taillight is now more elegant and not so awkward and large in size as the current 2009 model..

i am a Lexus IS300 (2008 model) owner and i am afraid to say this car will top the Lexus GS and maybe the LS...
    Xbox360 Gamertag: UAE BOSS
    PS3 ID: UAE

Wow, that looks very good. I thought the new G35 redesign was a little awkward from the headlights, but this flows very well.

Good competition for the Lexus GS.

The only issue is Honda/Acura. They are competing with cars that are way out of their league.

Thread Information