Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maserati 250F

Maserati 250F

I was lucky enough to see this car (chassis number 2525) and snap some pics of it at the Ferrari Historic Challenge at Sears Point/Infineon Raceway in 2004. The owner, an amiable and affable man who wore his wealth well and drove the snot out of this thing on the track, informed me that it was one of a pair of cars built with an offset driveshaft to allow the driver to sit lower in the chassis. Only raced once by the factory, with none other than Stirling Moss at the wheel, at Monza in 1956, where it placed first. A picture of the car in action during that race can be found here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1970 Bmw 2002
    1975 Vespa Rally 200
    2002 Subaru WRX

here are some detailed pics of Chassis 2516, raced at the Nuerburgring in 2004
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

We're going soooo off-topic!
    I sense the menace of Wouter comming down to curse you both!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    We're going soooo off-topic!
    I sense the menace of Wouter comming down to curse you both!
    my pics were with the Sony camera, and therefore below current standards for inclusion on the main page
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Great!! That's the excuse I'll use too!

Thanks for those pics, Henk... Those old Maser's are just so.... sexy!! That same event showed a Scaglietti-bodied A6 GCS, chassis number 2053. I've got some nice shots of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    my pics were with the Sony camera, and therefore below current standards for inclusion on the main page
    1970 Bmw 2002
    1975 Vespa Rally 200
    2002 Subaru WRX

A6GCS 2098, as driven by Burkhard von Schenk in Tour Auto 2005

but the most sexy of all: The A6 PF Coupe, here before being presented at this year's Pebble Beach Concours

Fine... I guess that grants me license!! A6 GCS Chassis #2053, not much that I know about its history, other than that it was for sale or on consignment at Fantasy Junction that year.

Henk, were you at Pebble Beach in 2005? You're a well traveled car nut!!
    1970 Bmw 2002
    1975 Vespa Rally 200
    2002 Subaru WRX

Quote Originally Posted by aparatchik
    Henk, You're a well traveled car nut!!
    actually both.....

Quote Originally Posted by aparatchik
    I was lucky enough to see this car (chassis number 2525) and snap some pics of it at the Ferrari Historic Challenge at Sears Point/Infineon Raceway in 2004. The owner, an amiable and affable man who wore his wealth well and drove the snot out of this thing on the track, informed me that it was one of a pair of cars built with an offset driveshaft to allow the driver to sit lower in the chassis. Only raced once by the factory, with none other than Stirling Moss at the wheel, at Monza in 1956, where it placed first. A picture of the car in action during that race can be found here.

Fan..........bloody........tastic.... my blood is boiling when I see those wonderful beauties......

A Very prosperous 2006 everyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by D'ARTOIS
    Fan..........bloody........tastic.... my blood is boiling when I see those wonderful beauties......

A Very prosperous 2006 everyone.....
    do you ever go to historic racing? Zandvoort, Zolder, Spa?

I saw 8 25OFs at Goodwood revival 05 .Thats £8m! They sound awesome

Wow... I can well imagine that spectacle! I still hope to make it out to the UK for Goodwood one year... I've done the Donington GP Collection, now I just want to see them in action!
    1970 Bmw 2002
    1975 Vespa Rally 200
    2002 Subaru WRX

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    do you ever go to historic racing? Zandvoort, Zolder, Spa?

Henk, for 16 years I lived in Zandvoort and used to be the talk of the town for some period of time. I've met Dan Gurney, Innes Ireland, Graham Hill, Jimmy Stewart, Godin de Beaufort, a.m.o., so what do you like to say?

It's only a long time ago, and no, I am not going to the classic races, I have another girl to maintain.......

Quote Originally Posted by D'ARTOIS
    Henk, for 16 years I lived in Zandvoort and used to be the talk of the town for some period of time. I've met Dan Gurney, Innes Ireland, Graham Hill, Jimmy Stewart, Godin de Beaufort, a.m.o., so what do you like to say?

It's only a long time ago, and no, I am not going to the classic races, I have another girl to maintain.......
    I thought Tonio Hildebrand was the talk of town

Thread Information