Thread: C.A.M.I Terra Wind

C.A.M.I Terra Wind

C.A.M.I Terra Wind

(from C.A.M.I. Press Release) A wave of excitement is hitting major boat and RV shows this year in the form of the world's first true amphibious motor coach. The Terra Wind, unveiled July 2003 is the latest creation of Cool Amphibious Manufacturers International LLC (C.A.M.I.) owners John and Julie Giljam.

The Terra Wind gives a whole new meaning to cross country touring. "It is exceptionally unique," says John Giljam, President. The Terra Wind has the ability to travel on highways at speeds of up to 80 mph or may also serve as a yacht; crossing the water at 7 knots. A Caterpillar engine, Allison transmission and Neway front and rear air suspension make the drive smooth and reliable. On the water an all aluminum hull, a marine drive transmission and one touch rudder control makes maneuvering the Terra Wind unbelievably simple. Safety features include two onboard automatic fire extinguishers and a three zone bilge pump system.

"The Terra Wind has been designed with the ultimate in luxury in mind," says Julie Giljam. This vehicle offers state of the art electronics, marble floors, granite countertops and plush leather furnishings as just a few of the options. Each Terra Wind is a custom work of art. With every buyer being different they may customize exactly what they want to achieve with their coach. "The Land. The Lake. and The Luxury are what we are here to give every owner," say the Giljam's. "Whether traveling on land or in the water, you can be traveling first class."

C.A.M.I. has a history of making quality amphibious vehicles. "The idea for the Terra Wind stemmed from our line of Hydra-Terra amphibious vessels," says John Giljam. From Alaska to Japan the Hydra-Terra is used around the world by tour lines and sightseeing companies. The Hydra-Terra also has the capacity for search and rescue operations and many of its safety features have been incorporated into the Terra Wind.

The price tag for the Terra Wind starts in the $850,000 range, a comparable price to recreational vehicles in its class. The only difference is the owner of the Terra Wind gets two vehicles for the price of one, a luxury motor coach and a yacht.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vaigra; 02-05-2006 at 01:21 PM.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

C.A.M.I Terra Wind #2

Being nice since 2007.

C.A.M.I Terra Wind #3

Being nice since 2007.

that is freaking sweet i'll take two please

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Good god............
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

do you have a shot of it from the back, outside the water?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I love this car!
    Thanks C.A.M.I and you too Vaigra for the pics.
    ALFA ROMEO-Poetry In Motion

Thread Information