Thread: Alfa Romeo Fioravanty Vola Concept 2001

Alfa Romeo Fioravanty Vola Concept 2001

sorry, its not media pix but its the best i've got
    if you got better dont be shy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    cewl, thanks

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

which idiot decided to paint that black???
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    which idiot decided to paint that black???
    Mick Jagger ?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

in which case he could have restricted himself to doors only.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Alfa Romeo LF Concept by Fioravanti

Alfa Romeo LF Concept by Fioravanti

Fioravanti will be present with its prototype Alfa Romeo LF to the big event "Mitomacchina. History, technology and future of automobile design", at Mart, Museum of modern and contemporary art of Trento and Rovereto.

The show, managed by an international scientific board, intends to recount the automobile history, from its beginning until today, looking through the design and technology innovations which have reached the most higher points of the international creativity. Mitomacchina will have more than 70 models from the most important European and American constructors.

The Fioravanti’s prototype Alfa Romeo LF has been selected for its own innovative design contents; in particular for the new concept of rotating roof, a patented solution by Fioravanti, which has seen its application, in 2005, on the Ferrari Superamerica.

----

The great topical subject for sports cars, the removable solid roof, has had very interesting but a little complex solutions recently.

Fioravanti has made its suggestion by applying a new concept of rotating roof with an innovative and extremely simple solution. While the well-known mechanisms power the roof down into the trunk, “LF” is placed on the top of the trunk with obvious advantages both practical and of weight and more room for the luggages.

Another interesting aspect is that whether the roof is open or closed there is a very slight variation in the barycenter of the car.
    The aesthetic solution chosen for Alfa Romeo shows, in a very “graphic” way, the basic priciple of the patent: ...the rotation axis of the roof is the same as the one of the trunk axis....

There can be alternative lay-outs which look very different, but keep the same geometric conditions.

The roof, supported by a carbon fibre frame, is made of a variable transparent plastic for protection against sun rays and for rear visibility. It can be manual or automatic. In opening position the rear window area, rotating on itself, becomes an anti-turbolence device.

The typical “Alfa trilobation” features a new kind of fog lamps which are very long and thin and become indicator lights and emergency lights on the side.
    Day lights, night lights and high beam lights are all joined in one single transparent element which is also used to let air out of the engine and as support for the rearview video cameras.

Another innovative design element is the rear/indicator lights which emerge from the rotation element of the roof. The rear-end of the of the car features typical Alfa Romeo elements such as the high, thin and separate tail lights.

The rear gear light is situated on top of the license plate which is lit from behind. For what concerns the interior design the same criteria of semplicity and components reduction has been followed, always looking for symmetry.

Basic element: two identical “canoes” in which are situated the seat, instruments,new kind of pedals and steering wheel on driver side, the seat and airbag-glove box on passenger side.

The symmetrical door panels feature a unique armrest also used as support and opening handle and air outlet.
    The main instruments which are highly three-dimensional and very original lighted are side by side the rearview display. The steering wheel, with F1 gear shifts, is in carbon fibre and partially leather wrapped.

The central element between the two “canoes” includes a multi-functional display for GPS, telephone, climate controls, minor controls, the button to operate the roof and the control keyboard for other functions.

Our thanks and appreciation go to Cecomp Spa for their collaboration in realizing the prototype, and to Lumileds supplier of illuminating elements.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vaigra; 07-03-2007 at 09:09 AM.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

I'm actually liking this.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

When did they build this prototype?
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

im fairly sure its called the Vola Concept... (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&carnum=2245)

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    im fairly sure its called the Vola Concept... (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&carnum=2245)
    But nevertheless its a nice concept. And the roof mechanism has been used for the Ferrari Superamerica
    Last edited by Duell; 07-01-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: threads merged

it looks more lancia than alfa to me

Thread Information