Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Bands!

Great Bands!

Anyone heard of Fountains of Wayne?

Fountains of Wayne - Stacys Mom

Franz Ferdinand?

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

I just love these bands, what is everyone else into?
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Punk

Nofx, Pennywise, Millencolin, The Exploited, The Vandals, No use for a name, A New Found Glory, Anti-Flag, Rancid, Me first and the Gimme Gimmes, Osker... etc Every punk band there is.

Other music I like: U2, Bob Marley, Sublime, UB40, ColdPlay and some others.

I hate: Good Charlotte and every Rapper that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Punk

Nofx, Pennywise, Millencolin, The Exploited, The Vandals, No use for a name, A New Found Glory, Anti-Flag, Rancid, Me first and the Gimme Gimmes, Osker... etc Every punk band there is.

Other music I like: U2, Bob Marley, Sublime, UB40, ColdPlay and some others.

I hate: Good Charlotte and every Rapper that exists.
    I could have guessed that!

I really like [spunge] and Never Heard Of It, i went to see them do a gig at my local.......church funnily enough!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Whats wrong with Good Charlotte?

I've heard of Fountains of Wayne and Franz Ferdinand, but I have not heard any stuff by Franz Ferdinand.

I like Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Nirvana, Incubus, Stone Sour, The Strokes, 2Pac, The White Stripes and Kings Of Leon.

Here is the music I like which none of you have probaly heard of (NEW ZEALAND MUSIC KICKS ASS!!)

Elemeno P, Scribe, Steriogram, Pacifier, Supergroove, The Deceptikonz, Zed, Che Fu, King Kapisi, and Brooke Fraser.

NZMusic.com

i like:the Darkness, Blink 182, and other good rock/punk bands. i also like some rap, mostly old school rap, and what ever else sounds good.
    i like but i don't know many songs from: Led Zepplin, Mettalica, and a few others i can't think of
    i hate: brittany spears, boy bands and other crappy pop songs.
    but most of all i like the Darkness, see......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

[QUOTE=Spastik_Roach] Whats wrong with Good Charlotte? [QUOTE]

Well,

1-They are always wearing Nofx T-Shirts and have Nofx stickers on their guitars and Nofx HATES MTV.

2-They think they play punkrock but then you see the guy dancing like a rapper in the video.

3-They are MTV SELLOUTS

4-They're like every other band on MTV, they only care about fame and money while punkrock bands like Nofx care more about if you like their music.

5-You listen to a Good Charlotte song and what does it say? "Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money" (come on that is pretty retarded)

6-All their songs don't make any sense while Nofx has awesome songs against the government and against the war.

7-They say dumb stuff but make sure that they have a good rythm so their music sells.

In my opinion I love listining to a song that sounds good while it makes sense what it says.

Note: Nofx is doing a "Tour against Bush" with many bands including Good Charlotte I'm sure they're just using Good Charlotte because they're pretty famous.

I found this on another forum:

""Good Charlotte Sucks
    When you see a "punk" band hosting MTV everytime you change the f***** channel then you know they're all about fame and popularity and don't care about rebellion. To them punk is a fashion trend and a easy way to gain popularity and a fast buck.
    They look like they went in hot topic, spent a a lot of money on their wardrobe and then made a ***** band.""

why don't you like rap though? a lot of rap is crappy, like g-unit and 50 cent, and other gangster rap, but oldschool rap is cool.

[QUOTE=Niko_Fx][QUOTE=Spastik_Roach] Whats wrong with Good Charlotte?
    4-They're like every other band on MTV, they only care about fame and money while punkrock bands like Nofx care more about if you like their music
    I don't like Good Charlotte either. Nothing "wrong" with them in my mind, just not my thing. But I think you're wrong about one thing Niko. Yes, you're right punk bands don't care about the fame and the fortune, but on another note, they don't give a damn if you LIKE their music or not. You could absolutely hate their music and it wouldn't bother a punk rock band. Punk rock should (and used to) be all about being politically active and conerned, questioning authority and governmental institutions, etc etc.....NOT WHETHER YOU THE FAN LIKES THE MUSIC or wants to piss on it. You understand the difference?

There are some real good punk rock out there right now though.....Thursday rocks, especially live. Thrice is sweet...Coheed and Cambria, A Static Lullaby, A Fire Inside, and Finch are all real real good punk bands. Check 'em out.

Punk's definitely not my favorite but I will get in the mood for it. My favorites would have to be 1) The Grateful Dead 2)Beatles 3)Rolling Stones 4) Zeppelin 5) Bob Dylan 6) Hendrix....in that order.

some reggae would also have to be in order....for those "special" times....marly and the wailers, peter tosh, and burning spear will do just fine. seeing ziggy marly in a couple weeks actually!

later ladies and gents!

Yes, you are completely right. I meant to say that they use their ability to play music for things other than fame and money.

Thanks Bige

Good Charlotte cannot call itself a punkrock band. They shouldn't be wearing punk clothes nor mohawk haircuts. That's why I hate them, kids think that Good Charlotte is actually punk and the whole definition of punkrock is changing.... is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Yes, you are completely right. I meant to say that they use their ability to play music for things other than fame and money.

Thanks Bige

Good Charlotte cannot call itself a punkrock band. They shouldn't be wearing punk clothes nor mohawk haircuts. That's why I hate them, kids think that Good Charlotte is actually punk and the whole definition of punkrock is changing.... is so sad.
    hehehe, my sister loves Good Charlotte, but i don't, i mean they are ok, but i don't like them that much.

Good Charlotte suck mega time, as do scribe and the Decepticonz, damn NZ-ers talking of the ghettos of south auckland, my ass...Brooke frasers wicked though. Hey Spastik, do you like Goldenhorse?

now, the music i am into. i listen to bands such as the Dandy Warhols, New Order, Jamiroquai and the White stripes, my sister is a mega punk freak (Sex Pistols, not Good charlotte) and she gave me this pearler:
    Sk8r punk is not real punk. Ie: good charlotte is the watered-down pop punk, as is Avril Lavigne(KILL, MUST KILL!!!)
    the thing these days is that the surroundings that brought the original punk around have changed, most of these kids listening to Good Charlotte(G.C) are kids from middle-class white families, who just want something more than normality, unfortunately G.C is normal, sorry kids.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

My faveorite band is Diamond Head a english band from the 80s who wernt hugelypopular and wernt helpedby a press error with their records but they inspierd about 50%of metallicas music and with metallicas helped have reformed (and funny thing is they still wear the same things they did in the 80s lol) I also like the gunners (Guns & Roses) Metallica, Thin Lizzy, Kiss, Jimmi Henderix, Areosmith,The liveing End, AC/DC,Rose Tatoo,Split Endz,Twisted Sister,Alice Cooper and the australian beer albums im very versatile in my music the only thing i cant really stand is rap.
    As we speak right now im listening (and throughly enjoying) Youll never walk alone by Gerry and the pacemakers....as i said illlisten to nearly anything

im mainly into the stuff falc's into, metallica, the living end, the offspring, red hot chilli peppers, the fooies (foo fighters), AC/DC, definately linkin park, blink 182, nickelback, 3 doors down, sum41, the darkness, thats about all i can think of right now. it makes it a hell of a lot easier being a V8 Supercar fan cause during the coverage this is the type of music they play thank god!!

whenever rap's on the radio i swear i almost feel like punching the radio!! could explain why in NFS:underground i turned all the rock songs on and all the rap songs off. its too bad my best friends like the bigges 50cent/eminem wannabe, i usually resort to giving him a few punches to the kidneys whenever he starts talking about either of them.....
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 03-06-2004 at 02:20 AM.

i've heard a lot of good things about The Darkness but on a college student's budget, i don't have too much cash to be throwing around on brand new CDs. anything you can tell me about this band? where are they from? what are they like? anybody you'd compare them to that has a similar sound? batmobile_turbo....any info would be great. thanks.

theyre a rock band highly influenced by 70's and 80's rockers, predominantly KISS and Queen

Thread Information