Thread: Uaz 469 1972-1985

Uaz 469 1972-1985

pic 2 is mine, pics 3-6 by Ilya.

Uaz 469
    Attached Images Attached Images

ARO is much better :P

Ilya! Ya habibi(Makhmoody):
    This UAZ(Uralski Avtomobilny Zavody)is too old,sell it to the allied troops here in Iraq!.
    Poppies.popies.Popayan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Baba
    This UAZ(Uralski Avtomobilny Zavody)is too old,sell it to the allied troops here in Iraq!.
    My name is not Ilya, he is friend of mine who lives in Russia and takes many wonderful pictures, he is also UCP member.

Quote Originally Posted by dracu777
    ARO is much better :P
    You wish BTW ARO thread is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Baba
    Uralski Avtomobilny Zavody
    This is incorrect. The abbreviation (UAZ) stands for: Uliyanovskii Avtomobil'nii Zavod (Automobile factory in Uliyanovsk city).
    The Automobile factory in Ural makes trucks with a same name - URAL and called UralAz if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by smxi; 03-08-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smxi
    You wish BTW ARO thread is on the way.
    SWEET!!

Quote Originally Posted by dracu777
    SWEET!!
    Well, I don't have 244 yet, just 10 but I hope to find it one day.

UAZ-Hunter - slightly renewed 469's and his LWB version (advertising images only )

Thread title could be updated to UAZ 469 1972-1985.

There is a 2010 version, but the pic's from Maxx were posted in 2006, so I guess it's another type?

That's what the teenagers say:

Quote Originally Posted by Teenagerpedia
    The UAZ-469 is an all-terrain vehicle manufactured by UAZ. It was used by Soviet and other Warsaw Pact forces, as well as paramilitary units in Eastern Bloc countries. In the Soviet Union, it also saw widespread service in all state organizations that needed a robust off-road vehicle. Standard military versions include seating for seven personnel.

The UAZ-469 was introduced in 1973, replacing the earlier GAZ-69. The UAZ-469 presented two great advantages: It was able to drive in virtually any terrain and it was very easy to fix. The UAZ-469 reached legendary status for its reliability and off-road ability. The vehicle was not available for purchase by the public, but many were sold as surplus to private owners.

Modifications include a basic UAZ-469B with ground clearance of 220 mm, and a specialized military UAZ-469, with ground clearance increased to 300 mm. After slight modernisation in 1985, due to new industry designation standards, they were renamed: the UAZ-469 became the UAZ-3151, while the UAZ-469B became the UAZ-31512. Manufacture of UAZ-31512 for the Russian Army continues, while the manufacture for civilian market is discontinued due to new emission standards. However, the currently manufactured UAZ Hunter is only an updated version of old UAZ-469B.

UAZ-469B - a "civilian" version of the UAZ-469 - without starting the heater, drive axles with single-stage main gear without the final drive ( ground clearance of 220 mm), made ​​on the basis of major bridges of the car GAZ-69 , contact ( on early models) or contactless electronic ignition system . PTO shafts are slightly greater than the length of the shafts of the UAZ-469. The machine is open, with a canvas awning (machines with metal or fiberglass roofs - are former canopy, hardtop installed separately or as an accessory), the engine capacity of 2.4 liter, 4-speed transmission.Available from 1972 to 1985 , then in accordance with the sectoral system in 1966 received a four-digit number 31512' (model number 3151 received with geared bridges UAZ-469 ). which was produced from 1985 by 2005 . The police patrol car is a modification of UAZ-31512-UMM with a insulated five-door metal body and the optional special equipment. The UAZ-469B formed the basis of the TREKOL-39041.
    It seems then that 1972(3)-1985 is a good call, and that Maxx's pics should be in a separate thread for the Hunter (despite being derived from this model.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Fun to see reviews about this car.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFJ-3evD2XM"]MotorWeek | Retro Review: 94 Russian UAZ Sport Utility and Light truck - YouTube[/ame]

I think UAZ of USA might have missed their launch date by a long shot through...

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    A shame. I'd love to have one...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information