Thread: ABT Volkswagen T5 Sporting Van (7H)

ABT Volkswagen T5 Sporting Van (7H)

VW-ABT T5 Sporting Van (7H)
    With almost 200 hp and a complete bodywork modification, the Abt Sporting Van looks set to attract a huge fan community pretty soon. With this package, Abt Sportsline once again is proving its versatility and underlines its position as the leading tuning company for cars from the Volkswagen Group.
    Now who was talking about a commercial vehicle? The 2.5 litre turbo diesel engine of the Abt Sporting Van delivers 144 kW (195 hp) after a modification of the electronic engine management in Kempten. After the chip-tuning, perfectioned by Abt Sportsline with its experience of many decades, the torque has been increased to 450 Nm at 2500 rpm. This puts an end to problems with bigger transports – quite the contrary: with power from the Allgäu, the Abt Sporting Van is also providing sheer driving pleasure under any circumstances.
    But technology and power are only one thing. Abt Sportsline has also been thinking about the optics: a complete modification of the van includes a new front grille, a front spoiler lip as well as Abt side skirts. At the rear, the designers from the Allgäu have left their discreet, yet unmistakable signature with a rear skirt and wing. The Abt exhaust silencer with four stainless steel pipes is rounding off the optic package.
    Abt suspension springs, lowering the bodywork by 35 to 40 millimetres compared to the production model cater for improved road holding as well as more sporty and more rigid driving characteristics. The line from the company from Kempten continues with the wheels: the Sporting Van has been equipped with the SP1 wheel in the size of 8.5 x 19 inch. The single-piece sports wheel is marked by its wheel rim bed inclining to the inside and the Abt logo in the heart.
    The wheels have been fitted with 255/40 R19 Dunlop SP9000 tyres. Next to Continental, Dunlop is Abt Sportsline’s tyre partner. A partnership that goes well beyond the sheer supply of tyres. Just like in the DTM, where the championship-winning Abt-Audi TT-R is also racing on Dunlop-tyres, the tyre manufacturer and Abt Sportsline are also working closely together in the development of new products for the daily business.
    Our importers will gladly provide you with price information concerning the Abt Sporting Van.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is one good looking van. I never thought Soccer Mom would be sooo cool.

Few more:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Respect is everything!

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    I really really want one.

Imagine touring Europe in this. You, two friends, big empty spacious boot.

Booyah

We need those for work. Set up some Meyer's in the back and bring an esky and some tunes. When I said we need those for work, I didn't actually mean to use for work
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    I really really want one.

Imagine touring Europe in this. You, two friends, big empty spacious boot.

Booyah
    I'd prefer something a little bit more car-like. A RS6 Avant Plus for isntance, continuing with the VAG theme. Almost as practical, a lot faster and more enjoyable...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I'd prefer something a little bit more car-like. A RS6 Avant Plus for isntance, continuing with the VAG theme. Almost as practical, a lot faster and more enjoyable...
    The reason I highlighted the van was because if you ARE touring a continent with two or three friends, after a while you'd want some serious fuel effiency, a bit more comfortable place to sit, sleep, and put a fwe weeks worth of merchandise. Considering all that, this isn't exactly slow.

EDIT: 0-60 in 11 seconds, which is roughly the same as a BMW 1 Series. Top speed 200 km/h.
    Last edited by spi-ti-tout; 06-16-2006 at 08:14 AM.

The reason I highlighted the van was because if you ARE touring a continent with two or three friends, after a while you'd want some serious fuel effiency, a bit more comfortable place to sit, sleep, and put a fwe weeks worth of merchandise. Considering all that, this isn't exactly slow.

EDIT: 0-60 in 11 seconds, which is roughly the same as a BMW 1 Series. Top speed 200 km/h.
    Right then an Audi A6 2.7 TDI Avant if you really need the fuel economy...

0-60 in 8 seconds and a top speed of 139mph... and it does 39mpg... Costs only £29,000
    Visca Catalunya!

Not enough place

In the van, you can set up a small matress at the back. Grilling things, a desk, basically a portable cabin without the hassles of a Caravan.

Not enough place

In the van, you can set up a small matress at the back. Grilling things, a desk, basically a portable cabin without the hassles of a Caravan.
    Alright you win. If we ever go on tour across Europe, you shall go in the van and I shall go in the Audi...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Alright you win. If we ever go on tour across Europe, you shall go in the van and I shall go in the Audi...
    You might have the quicker ride and reach there before me but atleast my arse will be in one piece....

Thread Information