Thread: Mazda CX-9 2006-

Mazda CX-9 2006-

2007 MAZDA CX-9 CROSSOVER SUV TO MAKE GLOBAL DEBUT AT 2006 NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW

IRVINE, Calif. – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) will unveil its all-new 2007 Mazda CX-9 seven -passenger crossover sport-utility vehicle (SUV) at next week’s New York International Auto Show. Arriving in Mazda dealerships in early 2007, the CX-9 is designed and engineered specifically for North America . The Mazda CX-9’s design sets new standards for style, while incorporating an interior of sophisticated elegance with class-leading space and unmatched versatility. Best of all, CX-9 – like all Mazdas – has the Soul of a Sportscar.
    Like the Mazda CX-7 presented earlier this year, the CX-9 is a clean break from the traditional boxy SUVs crowding the US market, deftly blending sporty driving spirit with seven-passenger SUV practicality.
    “The North American market continues to play a leading role in Mazda Motor Corporation’s global future and financial health,” emphasizes Jim O’Sullivan, president and CEO, MNAO. “The all-new CX-7 and CX-9 were engineered specifically for North America to help us fulfill ambitious goals. The CX-9 has traits only a Mazda SUV could have: strong performance, agile handling, precise steering and superior quality and craftsmanship.”
    Mazda C X-9 targets y oung couples and modern families with a focus on family interests, yet haven’t lost their desire for high-intensity leisure activities, learning experiences and social interaction. It is also ideal for couples with grown children who pursue an active lifestyle.
    Every CX-9 is powered by a new 3.5-liter V6 engine driven through a standard six-speed automatic transmission. Final drive is through either front- or all-wheel drive. Brakes are large ventilated discs on all four wheels.
    More detail on specific model content will be available closer to launch, but standard features on all trims include air conditioning, power windows, power door locks with remote keyless entry, cruise control, and six airbags. To help avoid accidents, all CX-9s are fitted as standard with Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Roll Stability Control (RSC) and Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS). An optionally available power-operated lift gate provides one-touch opening and closing access to the cargo hold.
    Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Mazda North American Operations oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada and Mexico through nearly 900 dealers. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario, Canada and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Mazda CX-9 #2

Mazda CX-9 #3

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I'm quite impressed, this makes a good competitor to others in its class.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

+

Recipe for a Mazda CX-9...

C'mon now, almost every car is designed from scratch, and all you people just think that they're cars that has been combined with different cars. There are so many SUVs out there, and the manufacturers have all kept their own style. At least post some comments about the new cars instead of these "recipes". The CX-9 is totally Mazda.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

It's a good looking car though you must admit......

Quote Originally Posted by robcooper
    It's a good looking car though you must admit......
    I like the looks too, though most SUV's don't appeal to me. It clearly looks like a Japanese car (which it is, I know), but in a good way.

I must admit though, that there's a lot in the headlights and tail lights that is borrowed from Lexus.
    Last edited by twinspark; 04-18-2006 at 07:27 AM.

The problem Mazda is having is that the CX-9 and CX-7 are so similar in style and size. While admitting that the market will be confused by the two, they are being adamant about the fact that the CX-9 should NOT be considered an extended-wheelbase CX-7 and that the CX-7 should be not considered a shortened CX-9. Supposedly, the two SUVs do not share any architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    The problem Mazda is having is that the CX-9 and CX-7 are so similar in style and size. While admitting that the market will be confused by the two, they are being adamant about the fact that the CX-9 should NOT be considered an extended-wheelbase CX-7 and that the CX-7 should be not considered a shortened CX-9. Supposedly, the two SUVs do not share any architecture.
    Yea that is quite a problem, but I think they should sell these 2 separately in different countries and never have both of them in the same country. And we should get the CX-9.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Yea that is quite a problem, but I think they should sell these 2 separately in different countries and never have both of them in the same country. And we should get the CX-9.
    YES!! And Chevrolet should stop selling the Suburban because they sell a Tahoe...and the Escalade...and the Yukon...and the list goes on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    C'mon now, almost every car is designed from scratch, and all you people just think that they're cars that has been combined with different cars. There are so many SUVs out there, and the manufacturers have all kept their own style. At least post some comments about the new cars instead of these "recipes". The CX-9 is totally Mazda.
    Nope you're wrong. Its a Cayenne and a RX330 put together.

Thread Information