Thread: ABT SEAT Leon IS

ABT SEAT Leon IS

SEAT-ABT Leon IS
    Attached Images Attached Images

OMG! That's properly ugly...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I suppose IS stands for "Increasingly Sickening".
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Ouch. Not a good looking car.

awww come on guys its not that bad, atleast it dosent have dual fartcans.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    awww come on guys its not that bad, atleast it dosent have dual fartcans.
    That's not the problem. Have you ever seen one of this cars? My neighbour has one. It's ugly as hell. I hate oversized cars.

Excellent avatar!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

I'm dissapointed in the new one. The old Leon was damn good looking, this is just bloated and ugly.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

I like the proper one. You can keep the stickers and wheels on this one though.

Looks great in black in FR guise. Preferably with the 170 TDi. Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    I suppose IS stands for "Increasingly Sickening".
    No, it's Intelligent Sport- it says it on the side of the car...

What's so bad about it? I quite like it...

Seriously, I do.

No, really.

It's nice.

I promise.

all theyve done is stick celery sticks on the side

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    That's not the problem. Have you ever seen one of this cars? My neighbour has one. It's ugly as hell. I hate oversized cars.

Excellent avatar!

No sorry, apparently they are even too ugly for America.

2005-12-19 16:42
    Intelligent tuning. The new SEAT Leon iS by Abt Sportsline.

At the Essen Motorshow 2005 the company Abt Sportsline presented the new SEAT Leon in a completely novel version. The Abt Leon iS is not just any modified vehicle. The fiery Spaniard from Kempten is equipped with a variable, intelligent power upgrade. The world innovation that is employed in the Abt Leon for the first time, bears the name “intelligent Sport“ (iS) and enables a variable power boost to 200, 220 or 240 HP. The choice regarding power is made by deciding in favour of a certain fuel type.

The absolutely novel „intelligent Sport“ technology was developed on the basis of the world-wide first directly injecting turbo engine. In this connection it was the Abt engineers’ aim to combine the favoured qualities of the TDI engines with the advantages of the new 2.0T FSI power unit. For this purpose decisive engine characteristics of the electronic motor management were optimized and newly programmed. In addition, the Bavarian engineers developed a special gear unit so as to achieve a fuel-saving effect besides the maximum power output.

By deciding for a specific fuel type, the aggregate of the Leon which was modified by Abt Sportsline, optionally performs 200, 220 or 240 HP. If fuel with 91 ROZ is used, 200 HP and a maximum torque of 280 Nm are available. When refilling with fuel with 95 ROZ the engine performs 220 HP and a maximum torque of 320 Nm. If the driver uses fuel with 98 ROZ, the Abt Leon iS possesses a maximum engine power of 240 HP and lusty 330Nm. Thus, the Abt model sprints from zero to 100 km/h in just 6.5 seconds and reaches a top speed of 243 km/h. This unique power upgrade takes place by means of identification of the selected fuel type. The optimized motor management automatically identifies the fuel used and adjusts the parameter set-up for mixture, ignition, boost pressure, knock identifictation and knock control system. Thanks to the „intelligent Sport“ system three different power upgrades are possible.

A further special feature of the innovative Abt iS power upgrade is low fuel consumption. Extensive tests prove that fuel consumption can be reduced by up to 20 per cent with the „intelligent Sport“ system despite increased efficiency and upgraded driving pleasure.

From technical point of view the Abt Leon iS is an uncompromising sports car and unique saver at the same time. As far as looks is concerned, the Bavarian Spaniard presents itself in an extremely sporty outfit. The aggressive-looking front spoiler lip, broad side skirts and rear skirt add-on proudly demonstrates the sportiness and power of the Abt Leon iS. The aerodynamic package is completed with a roof spoiler. The newly developed 2-pipe rear muffler bearing the well-known Abt logo is not only an eye-catcher but also grants a full and sporty sound.

The Abt engineers have developed special sport suspension springs which optimally support the road performance of the modified power unit. The springs operate progressively allowing the Abt Leon iS to respond directly and precisely to steering commands. Sheer driving pleasure at high speeds is granted thanks to the optimal roadholding. By lowering the car by approx. 35 millimetres the Spaniard looks even racier.

Following the sporty concept, the Abt Leon iS is equipped with one-piece aluminium rims SP1 Titanium. The powerful five-spoke wheel underlines the strong performance of the vehicle. The wheels are fitted on SP SportMaxx tyres of technology partner Dunlop in the dimension 225/35R19.

With the „intelligent Sport“ technology in the new Abt Leon iS, Abt Sportsline is presenting a proverbially intelligent tuning concept that combines uncompromising driving pleasure and low fuel consumption in a perfect way
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Thread Information