Thread: ABT Audi TT Roadster

ABT Audi TT Roadster

Abt TT Roadster: The ultimate open-air experience

Everything´s possible - that’s the motto of Abt Sportsline in Kempten. It´s only natural for the world’s leading tuner of Audi and VW cars to add that extra touch of spice to the cabriolet version of the sportscar from Ingolstadt. Even the standard version is a delicacy but after a few days in Kempten the Abt TT Roadster ensures the ultimate open air experience.

Abt Sportsline developed a new sports suspension for the open TT which further improves the agility of this sportscar. Compression and rebound of the dampers are adjustable thus offering the driver a multitude of individual set-ups. The lowering of up to 30 millimetres ensures a low centre of gravity and stable driving behaviour at all speeds. Combined with the new 19 inch rims from the Abt wheel product range is a high-grade steel exhaust manifold sporting four tail pipes and a rear body apron with integrated channel covers, lending the Abt TT Roadster a particularly sporty and individual look, and distinguishing this vehicle from its production line cousins.

The performance of the Abt TT Roadster is in keeping with its sporty appearance. Thanks to modified electronics the power output of the engine is improved from 165 kW to 184 kW (225 to 250 hp) or 195 kW (265 hp). From the model year 2001 even 213 kW (290 hp) or 228 kW (310 hp) are possible. The Abt steel-braided brake lines not only reduce brake fading and the risk of damage from gravel and abrasion, but at the same time improve the response to the brake pedal, ensuring that the deceleration performance matches the capabilities of the engine. The sports suspension makes even higher cornering speeds possible.

With a comprehensive bodykit, this open sportscar becomes even more unique. The Abt TT Roadster embodies the ideas that were founded in the concept of a super sportscar. A spoiler and a rear diffuser provide even more driving stability and safety. Details like the front grille with two striking centre struts, a laser-engraved Abt logo on the fuel tank cap, Abt floor mats, a gear lever knob and a shifting gate ring made of aluminium complete the Abt package for the TT Roadster.

The possibilities for customers to create their own personalised Abt TT Roadster are almost endless. Abt’s tailor-made 17", 18", and 19" five-spoke rims, combined with ContiSportContact tyres offer an attractive alternative to the standard wheels. For the "smaller" 180 hp version of the TT Roadster, Abt offers five different engine kits with performance increases to 193, 205, 210 and 235 hp (142, 151, 154 and 173 kW). The top performance enhancement of this engine reaches 191 kW (260 hp).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

ABT Audi TT Roadster #2

An open roof sportscar in a tailor-made suit: The Abt TT Roadster

Before the first preliminary designs were published, it was clear that the leading Audi tuner Abt Sportsline planned to cause a sensation with the new Audi TT, as the first TT is one of the favourite cars of the Kempten-based company with a long tradition. And this is due to the fact that the race version of the Sports Coupe 2002 won a lot of DTM (German Touring Car Series) races.

Therefore it is only logical that, after the extravagant TT-Sport and TT-R, also the TT Roadster, which is already exquisitely beautiful as serial car, gets a special treatment in the Allgaeu: the designer from Abt Sportsline developed car body parts with which the open-roof TT becomes more danymical. Thus, the front skirt with its grid element emphasizes the area around the fog lights and the single-frame grill. The brawny laterally attached parts underline the design of the convertible and create a unit with the striking rear section of the car. There the rear skirt inset and the rear wing, providing additional down force, are the central elements. Also the 4-pipe rear muffler, which perfectly harmonizes with the rear skirt inset and its integrated rear diffuser, belongs to the distinctive rear view of the Abt TT Roadster.

The TT Roadster from Abt is an absolutely successful open-roof sportscar, a design masterpiece for ambitious pilots. Therefore, Abt Sportsline offers a number of power upgrade packages. The highlight of the product range is - similar to the Coupé - the TT-R with the VR6 3.2 K. The supercharger aggregate provides 355 hp (262 kW) and accelerates the car in about 5 sec. from standstill to 100 km/h. But also the other versions are extremely sporty. No matter if VR6 3.2 or 2.0 T-FSI engine, an Abt TT Roadster is always fast. For the favoured 2 liters Turbo FSI, Abt offers a power upgrade from 240 hp (177 kW) with special iS technology, sparing purse and environment, up to powerful 300 hp (221 kW). Matching to the always enormous propulsion of the TT Roadster: Abt suspension kit. For more security in ticklish situations cares the Abt sports brake system with its huge disc diameters of 380x34 millimeters.

To perfectly round off the dynamical and powerful appearance of the TT Roadster, Abt recommends the wheels AR 19 and SP1 in the size 19 inch, as well as the one inch bigger wheel AR20.

ABT Audi TT Roadster #4

ABT Audi TT Roadster #5

Thread Information