Thread: Fournier & Marcadier FM1

Fournier & Marcadier FM1

Andre Marcadier and Michel Fournier joined forces already in 1947, when they started to produce high quality racing bikes, with dur-aluminium frames. They later ventured into motor bikes as well, of which some had remarkable success.

There first attempt on the car market was the FM, introduced in 1963 and available as a kit car. Mechanics were based on the Renault R8, and abundant use of polyester resulted in a kerb weight of only 460 kg. The engine was placed before the rear axle, and contemporary reports spoke of the French Lotus 23.

The car was reasonably successful in national sports events, and in total 60 kits were sold until production stopped in 1966.

Shown here is one example appearing during the LeMans Classic in 2006. Interesting next to it a part of a “Lotus 7” can be seen, which was also constructed by FM during a number of years.

Furhter reading (in French) www.marcadier.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That is rather sexy, especially from the rear.

one other example, shot at the Essen Motorshow in 2003
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

very odd roll bar on the red one, really ruins the look of the car. but the blue one is very nice

The Berlinette debuted later in the sixties and was called Barzoi.

Until I find new pics here is one that I took at a Retromobile show years ago.

The specs of the car would indicate Elise performance

Thread Information