Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barabus TKR

Barabus TKR

Barabus TKR

Designed, engineered, certified and marketed by Barabus Sportscars Limited, TKR was conceived to combine more power than a Formula one racecar with the driving pleasure of a road car. Working with some of the world’s most respected and technologically advanced automotive suppliers, the TKR has put power and looks to the front of the motor industry.

Barabus Sportscars, a specialty engine and vehicle manufacturer has created the most powerful supercar with the launch of the Barabus TKR. The TKR is designed to compete with the world's fastest, best handling, most luxurious grand touring cars, whilst providing a distinctly European driving experience for the fortunate few who will own one.

A true supercar, the TKR is capable of over 200 miles per hour. Zero-to-60 time is under two seconds. When designing the TKR, Barabus put drivability on a wide variety of road conditions high on the list of objectives. And, while the TKR would be at home on any racetrack, it is also a car that can be driven with pleasure on motorways, autobahns and back roads.

The car is to be made in Italy and the power plant is built in the United Kingdom. While the TKR is a true Italian supercar, the vehicle itself reflects a "best-in-practice" philosophy, where Barabus has incorporated superior components from around the globe in order to manufacture the best vehicle possible. The TKR utilizes ceramic brakes as well as numerous high technology pieces from companies located in Italy.

CHASSIS

The Barabus TKR architecture begins with a full carbon fibre body and chassis. Suspension is fully independent unequal length "A" arms. The TKR chassis and suspension are straight from the race track; Adonis Alanagan was enlisted to assist with the design and building of the supercar and packaging of the TKR.

ENGINE

The TKR engine is designed and built by Barabus and incorporates modern racing motor technology and engineering. Based on a V8 all aluminium block re-engineered by Barabus, the twin turbo dual intercooler motor generates 1005 horsepower at 6800 rpm; redlining at 7500 rpm. Space age materials and engineering are used throughout:

• A Barabus Electromech control system computer handles engine management.
    • The ignition system is integrated coil-on-plug.
    • A longitudinally mounted transaxle, with unique Barabus bell housing, transfers power to the wheels.

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS:

7 Litre V8
    1005 BHP
    0-60: 1.67 seconds
    Top speed: 270mph

BODYWORK

The gill-like ducting is fully functional, venting air into the engine. The autoclave carbon fibre body panels beautifully incorporate the advanced aerodynamics and including full underside air management, advanced front tray and side skirt designs.

INTERIOR

Upholstery is covered with finest leathers and suedes. Accents are brushed aluminium or carbon fibre and painted body-colour highlights. Air conditioning, adjustable pedals.

The Barabus has a unique interior feature: the rear view "mirror". There is a small video camera mounted in the rear of the car, with the display is shown normally where the rear mirror is situated.

PRICING

The Barabus TKR is for sale worldwide. Built in Colonella, Italy, the TKR will be sold through select Barabus certified dealers specializing in exotic automobiles. Worldwide volume is projected to be 300-400 cars over the estimated three-year production run.

The Barabus TKR is on sale at its introduction at the famed British Motorshow, with the first vehicles to be delivered to customers in four months. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is £360,000.

Barabus TKR #1:

Barabus TKR #3:
    Attached Images Attached Images

i didnt think itd be true when people said its a saleen with a zonda's backside. but it realy is..

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    Barabus TKR

ENGINE

The TKR engine is designed and built by Barabus and incorporates modern racing motor technology and engineering. Based on a V8 all aluminium block re-engineered by Barabus, the twin turbo dual intercooler motor generates 1005 horsepower at 6800 rpm; redlining at 7500 rpm. Space age materials and engineering are used throughout:

• A Barabus Electromech control system computer handles engine management.
    • The ignition system is integrated coil-on-plug.
    • A longitudinally mounted transaxle, with unique Barabus bell housing, transfers power to the wheels.

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS:

7 Litre V8
    1005 BHP
    0-60: 1.67 seconds
    Top speed: 270mph

Everytime I see 'Space age materials and engineering' in a press release, all I can think they mean is 'we haven't figured out exactly what we're gonna do with this, but we think it'll be pretty tops.'

WHAT!

This vehicle is completely irrelated to Mercedes' cars?

Some people just have no imagination....
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

Quote Originally Posted by m5child
    Some people just have no imagination....
    Indeed. Plus, the materials used in the car look "cheap" IMO.

i remember that some time back that when the veyron was abput to be launched there was a lot of skepticism about its performance. whoever i told about the veyron didnt believe me until i told them that the F1s recorded topspeed is 387.8 km/hr (about 240 mph), which was about 12 years ago.
    but now im being skeptic whether TKR will touch 270 mph or reach 0-60 in less than 2 seconds. the name Barabus itself doesnt sound like coincidence to match Brabus. this is Barabus first car so if it resembled the S7 & zonda, i would have given them a break but they have made a complete rip off. they devoted all their energy to the engine & performance but they could have made 1% effort on looks.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

love the front
    can (just about) live with the side
    HATE the back (just so ugly on this car, completely out of place)

Don't believe the figures either. Hm... brings a certain "Vector" to mind doesn't it?

Noooooooo Sale.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Yeah, I hate the back too. Horrible transition from swoopy and cool to extremely blocky in the rear end. They really don't have a side view, but I think if they did it'd look bad too.

barabus? is that serious, 0-60mph in 1.67 seconds and 270mph???????? if thats true, we have a new top speed record holder.

Saleen S7 + Pagani Zonda = Barabus TKR
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

This car looks like a bad Fiero rebody. It looks cheaper than a Kia. There's no way they'll ever make money in a market like that with a hideous car and awful fit and finish. It's just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    barabus? is that serious, 0-60mph in 1.67 seconds and 270mph???????? if thats true, we have a new top speed record holder.

Saleen S7 + Pagani Zonda = Barabus TKR

=OOOOGLY!!!

And it won't be the top speed record holder for long, I'm sure Bugatti will start chatting away, and BRAbus might want to join up with Saleen and Pagani, to show BARAbus how the real game is played!

Thread Information