Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brabus CL-Class (C215)

Brabus CL-Class (C215)

Brabus CL Class #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Brabus CL Class #2

Brabus CL Class #3

Brabus CL Class #4

Hey Matt great pictures, do you think you could post some specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Hey Matt great pictures, do you think you could post some specs?
    you can find it all here: http://www.brabus.com/homee.htm

Brabus SV12 S Biturbo Roadster

The World's Most Powerful Roadster

BRABUS SV12 S Biturbo Roadster
    730 hp / 537 kW, 1,320 Nm and 350 km/h

The Mercedes SL-Class is set to continue its long success story after the latest product
    update. The BRABUS engineers and designers have left no
    stone unturned to make the roadster even sportier and more exclusive. Equipped with the
    BRABUS SV12 S Biturbo twelve-cylinder twin-turbo engine that delivers 730 hp / 537 kW,
    the SL 600 turns into the world’s most powerful roadster. 0 – 100 km/h in 4.0 seconds and
    200 km/h after just 10.9 seconds speak to its prowess as does its top speed electronically
    limited to 350 km/h.
    More power by increasing displacement is one of the core philosophies behind the BRABUS
    SV12 S Biturbo engine. The displacement of the twelve-cylinder three-valve engine is
    increased from 5.5 to 6.3 liters with the help of a billet steel crankshaft, larger cylinder bore,
    special pistons and piston rods. The conversion also includes re-machining the cylinder
    heads and fitting them with special camshafts.
    The peripherals of the twin-turbo engine also play a large role in the engine’s power yield.
    The BRABUS engineers have also developed a completely new turbocharging system with
    two larger turbochargers and more efficient intercoolers. Metal catalysts with low back
    pressure let the BRABUS SV12 S Biturbo displacement engine breathe more freely.
    Special mapping for engine electronics and on-board diagnostics coordinate perfect
    interaction of the new components and guarantee an optimal symbiosis of maximum power
    yield and running smoothness. But that’s not all: The engine also offers exemplary clean
    emissions and excellent fuel efficiency in light of the available power. Like all BRABUS highperformance
    engines the most powerful engine in the product lineup is lubricated with ARAL
    Synthetic Oil.
    The BRABUS SV12 S Biturbo engine offers impressive performance: Rated power output
    jumps from standard 517 hp / 380 kW at 5,000 rpm to 730 hp / 537 kW at just 5,100 rpm.
    Simultaneously peak torque grows from 830 Nm to 1,320 Nm, available from 2,100 rpm.
    Custom engine mapping ensures that peak torque in the car is limited electronically to 1,100
    Nm.

Performance of the powerful two-seater speaks volumes: With a sprint time of 4.0 seconds
    from rest to 100 km/h, 10.5 seconds to 200 km/h, 29.5 seconds to 300 km/h and an
    electronically limited top speed of 350 km/h the BRABUS SV S 12 Biturbo roadster is one of
    the fastest sports cars in the world.
    Form and function at the highest level of perfection: The BRABUS aerodynamicenhancement
    parts are available for all current SL models and give the SL a sporty yet
    elegant appearance while at the same time providing aerodynamic benefits. At high speeds
    they reduce lift on the front axle and thus further improve directional stability.
    For the latest SL generation the BRABUS designers have developed a strikingly styled front
    fascia whose sophisticated shape reduces lift on the front axle. The large central air inlet
    further optimizes cooling of engine and front brakes. The high-quality Pur-R-Rim BRABUS
    front fascia with its four auxiliary headlights is designed to be fastened to the original
    mounting points and thus simply replaces the production bumper.
    The BRABUS rocker panels smooth the airstream between the wheel arches and come with
    a useful extra feature: Pushing a button on the keyless-entry remote or pulling on an inside
    door handle activates four LED entrance lights on either side of the car. They illuminate the
    ground next to the vehicle and help to avoid unfortunate missteps in the dark.
    The BRABUS designer suit for the new SL is rounded out by the BRABUS rear fascia with
    integrated diffuser. It too was designed to replace the original part and fits precisely in its
    place.
    Just as important for a customized look are one-piece or multi-piece BRABUS Monoblock
    light-alloy wheels that can be mounted on the two-seater in various designs and diameters
    ranging from 17 to 20 inches. The largest possible version for the R 230 series SL features
    multi-piece BRABUS Monoblock VI, S or E wheels in size 9Jx20 in front with size 255/30 ZR
    20 tires. On the rear axle the wheels measure 10.5Jx20 with Pirelli or Yokohama tires in size
    305/25 ZR 20.
    For further improving the incredible handling of the latest SL roadster BRABUS has
    developed an electronic module for the ABC suspension that lowers the ride height by some
    15 millimeters.
    The BRABUS high-performance brake system handles even extreme stress without any
    signs of weakness. It features vented and cross-drilled 375x28-mm mega-size discs and 12-
    piston fixed calipers on the front axle. The rear axle features vented and cross-drilled
    355x28-mm discs and six-piston fixed calipers.
    Luxurious and highly customized interiors are yet another BRABUS specialty. The list of
    available product ranges from exclusive accessories such as genuine carbon-fiber door sills
    with illuminated BRABUS logo to ergonomically shaped sport steering wheels with heated
    rim and shift paddles. Also available is a speedometer with 360-km/h dial and genuine
    carbon-fiber interior trim in various colors.
    In addition the company-own upholstery shop creates especially exclusive BRABUS interiors
    from a combination of especially soft yet durable BRABUS Mastik leather and Alcantara.

Brabus SV12 S Biturbo Roadster #2:

there is only 1 word for this car. "WOW".

There is enought tourque in that thing to pull christ off the cross.

537 kW and 1320 Nm, through 305s = Driving from tyre shop to tyre shop. That thing is just brutal.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

erm... Whats the torque in regular lb/ft?
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    erm... Whats the torque in regular lb/ft?
    973.5 lb/ft! That's enough to warp the road.
    - IS250fied -

Wow... what's the point with all that torque? I like it anyway though.

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    How expensive is this car..I've heard that Brabus sells their cars for up to 500,000 and i'm gussing that this would be near the very top of their line-up. That price is just a figure i heard thrown out on tv when a person was speaking about the company..anyone know actual prices??

O love the car..but who wouldn't
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Wow... what's the point with all that torque? I like it anyway though.
    Towing...at 250kmh...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information