Thread: 9ff Porsche 997 Turbo

9ff Porsche 997 Turbo

9ff Gives Wings to the Porsche 911 Turbo

The new Turbo is everything but slow; this brand new über-Carrera romps to 60 mph within 3.7 seconds. The top speed of almost 193 mph should work for the everyday use - almost.

However, for the true performance enthusiasts, too much is simply never enough. These men can never have enough power - and for this reason power hungry Turbo owners who demand maximum performance insist on 9ff enhancement shortly after their purchases. Not for the average Porsche driver, 9ff customers insist on performance without compromise. Not content to have plastic bodied "competitors" or temperament Italians show them their taillights - for these drivers you can never have "enough" performance.

Who else to turn to but a company who builds street-able, reliable vehicles with more than 900 bhp and is able to launch a road-registered 911 to top speeds in excess of 240 mph? The special assignment of course - to enhance an already high tech Porsche 911 Turbo.

Charged with such responsibility, the professors of speed at the German company diligently set to work on the engineering tasks and development and were shortly able to show some excellent results. Drawing upon their past experience, they were able to push the physical limits - obtaining stratospheric Horsepower outputs.

Due to the fact that not every client has the same requirements the performance kits were divided into three different categories.

Stage I

The first set is a sport exhaust system which includes metal catalytic converters, free-flowing air filters and newly programmed software, which boosts power, but retains stock-like reliability and drivability. Of course, the biggest news is the assertive and authoritative retort that replaces the muted whimper of the newly enhanced turbo flat six. Of course the 9ff Variotune with selectable sound control system propagates in the DNA. This first stage of enhancement liberates 535 bhp from the standard VTG turbos. Acceleration remains at a blistering 3.7 seconds 0-60, but the stage I 9ff enhancement boosts top speed up to a cool 202 mph and shaves 1.2 seconds from the 0-125mph sprint.

Stage II

Performance kit no. 2 includes in addition to kit no. 1 the highest quality stainless steel headers and custom 9ff sport camshafts. Maximum power peaks at 560 bhp, but its 550 ft-lb of lag-free, stump pulling torque creates quit a push. The AWD turbo performs the stoplight sprint to 60 mph within 3.6 seconds and reaches 125 mph in 11.3 seconds. Again a remarkable improvement compared to the exemplary, but staid in comparison stock version.

Stage III

For now, this is the ultimate state of 997 turbo enhancement. Peak horsepower rises to 640 bhp, while torque swells to nearly 600 ft-lb. Additional enhancements from the stage II powerkit are two larger VTG turbo and king-size aluminum intercoolers to eliminate heat soak and maximize VTG-assisted boost. The path of boosted gasses is similarly enhanced - as high boost hoses and fittings are specified. Thus equipped, the Stage III 9ff turbo rockets to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, 125 in 10.7 seconds and continues charging on, until the forces of aerodynamic drag finally impede its progress at an all-conquering 213 mph.

9ff is now offering all three stages of tune. How much is enough for you? Clear the left lane of competition.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guest Guest
    Those bumpers and wheels are uuuuugly in the first 2 pics!

give me stage 3
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    Those bumpers and wheels are uuuuugly in the first 2 pics!
    are the wheels held on with pins?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    are the wheels held on with pins?
    yeap, they nicked them of a Phantom but forgot the nuts

Is it me, or is really ugly or just a bad chop?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    yeap, they nicked them of a Phantom but forgot the nuts

Is it me, or is really ugly or just a bad chop?
    The secound picture is clearly a photoshop (take a look at the front bumper).

And, the first one seems "edited" - the roofline and both the wheels look messy.

Guest Guest
    Wheel bolts and numberplate are very suspicious in pic 1

Pic 2 is just a crap chop

Both are subpar chops. You'd think they could've sprung for a decent PS artist.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

id get stage 2, and keep the looks completely stock..... aah, one can dream
    Porsche!

That blue car on the third pic looks nice. Is it Boxter?

Read through the post first.

Really ugly looking for the turbo. I'll be ordering mine from RUF, thank you.

This one just made me puke.

4.0 porsche 911

Where does 9ff get this 4.0L turbo porsche motor?

Are they using a 4.0 out of a different german automobile?
    I wonder if it is possible to use a 4.0 turbo motor with a couple twin T4 turbos and injectors.

I know some auto shops that love building turbo motors.

Quote Originally Posted by germanboi777 View Post

I wonder if it is possible to use a 4.0 turbo motor with a couple twin T4 turbos and injectors.

I'm guessing they built it from a stock motor.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by germanboi777 View Post

increasing bore and stroke from a standard engine.

by a "a couple turbo..." do you mean 4 turbo?
    since it's a flat six, as all porsche's engine (the cayenne's V8 isn't truly prosche), you should use a couple of sequential turbo for each bank, which isn't impossible, but i think there isn't enough room in a standard 911's engine bay.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information