Thread: Volvo C30 - "Ultimate" SEMA Showcars

Volvo C30 - "Ultimate" SEMA Showcars

Volvo Unleashes Three Ultimate C30s at the 2006 SEMA Show

October 31, 2006 (Las Vegas, NV)– Paydirt. That's what Volvo Car Corporation has hit with the highly anticipated new three-door C30. Just a few weeks after the car's global unveiling at the 2006 Paris Motor Show, Volvo Cars, in conjunction with three aftermarket tuning companies, unleashed the ultimate expressions of free will today at the annual Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) tradeshow in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The three cars, all highly modified iterations of the production Volvo C30, are the separate visions of Evolve Cars, Heico Sportiv and Burton Snowboards, and ipd, and represent what could be the ultimate dream cars for the growing number of C30 enthusiasts in the U.S. and around the world.

"The C30 represents Volvo's most appealing offer to the young people who love to customize and personalize their rides," commented Hans Krondahl, Executive Vice President, Marketing, for Volvo Cars of North America, LLC (VCNA). "These three cars will definitely spark a lot of interest in the C30 and there is no better place to show them off than the SEMA show."

Built purely as design concepts and prototypes, each tuner took a decidedly different take on what the ultimate Volvo C30 could be. Volvo supplied each company a production C30 T5 with a six speed manual transmission and gave them only one rule to follow: all Volvo safety features must remain functional. Other than that, they were free to let their imaginations run wild. Here is a glimpse of what each car is about:

Evolve C30

The Evolve C30 is the ultimate street performer and track star with motorsports technology throughout. Horsepower is the name of the game here, with 507 stampeding ponies thundering through all four massive tires. Sophisticated race-inspired suspension, gigantic brakes and a screaming yellow high gloss paint scheme over wild body lines highlight the Evolve C30. Sequential twin turbos, exotic exhaust plumbing and an advanced heat exchanger promise eye-popping performance from this dream C30. Inside are highly bolstered seats, a safety structure and custom leather touches.

Heico Sportiv/Burton Snowboard C30

A joint collaboration between German tuner Heico Sportiv and Burton Snowboards, this C30 promises those with an active lifestyle the ultimate lifestyle vehicle. Fully drivable with 300 horsepower and factory electronically controlled all-wheel drive, this dream C30 features a height adjustable suspension, custom cut Toyo tires and an incredibly complex six layer camouflage paint job that will let the car blend in to the mountain environment while still turning heads on the road. Inside, there's a portable GPS system and gleaming 2008 Burton snowboards and boots.

IPD

High tech and high style come through in the International Product Development (IPD) SEMA C30, all draped in the colors of the Swedish flag. Nothing like a little national pride to draw the crowds in Vegas. Producing 384 horsepower, the ipd C30 retains its factory front-drive layout and puts its best foot forward by offering up plenty of electronic fun and a thoroughly custom fabricated interior, highlighted by a touch screen in the floating center stack and a heads-up instrument display. But the icing on the cake is the fully functioning gull-wing style doors.

About Volvo Car Corporation

Volvo has been building cars with safety in mind for over 75 years. The current 2006 model line-up of Volvo Cars includes: the award-winning S40 and its wagon counterpart the all-new V50; the award-winning XC90; the sporty S60 sedan – including the award-winning performance sedan – S60 R and the performance wagon version – V70 R; the versatile V70 wagon and rugged XC70 (Cross Country); and the all-new Volvo C70, the convertible with the innovative retractable hardtop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McLareN; 11-01-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Volvo C30 by Heico Sportiv #1:

Volvo C30 by Heico Sportiv #2:

Volvo C30 by iPd #1:

Volvo C30 by iPd #2:

Volvo C30 by iPd #3:

Volvo C30 by Evolve #1:

Volvo C30 by Evolve #2:

I think I like the Blue w/ yellow stripe the best but the Yellow is real close behind it.

Build the yellow one as racing version,the blue one as road-racer and forget about the third one

nice cars. check out the front bumper of the yellow one.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk
    nice cars. check out the front bumper of the yellow one.
    And check those brake calipers, the are huge but if you are trying to tame 500 bhp you would probably want those.

Those are some strange Volvos...

Not sure if I like them or not.

Thats wikkkkked!!!!!!!!!
    I'll take the yellow one please, but in black, and with those rims!!! I really like that new Volvo quite a bit actually!!
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I'd go with the yellow too, the blue one just looks.. ricey I guess. The first one is nice, but I wouldn't want it in camoflauge, maybe silver. The cars themselves are pretty nice designs. Not your uncle's volvo!

Thread Information