Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi RSQ Concept 2004

Audi RSQ Concept 2004

An Audi for the Year 2035: In "I, ROBOT" Will Smith races in an Audi RSQ Sports Coupe

•Together with the Twentieth Century Fox, Audi raises product placement to a new level
    •German premium automobile manufacturer develops spectacular concept car specially for this film
    •Fox releases motion picture event in the U.S. on 16th July; an August release in Germany

The futuristic film car Audi RSQ was presented to the public for the first time on April 7, 2004 at the New York International Automobile Show. Audi tackles its most ambitious product placement project ever: For the epic event motion picture "I, ROBOT", Audi Design developed the spectacular vehicle, which helps leading actor Will Smith - a homicide detective in the year 2035 - solve a mystery that could have grave consequences for the human race. Fox releases
    "I, ROBOT" in the U.S. on July 16; the film arrives in Germany in August.

In the near future, technology and robots are a trusted part of everyday life.
    In "I, ROBOT", that trust is broken and one man, alone against the system,
    sees it coming. The film employs spectacular visual effects innovations beyond any ever put on screen, to bring a world of robots to life. The film is directed
    by Alex Proyas (Dark City, The Crow) and is set in a world created by famed science fiction writer Isaac Asimov in his short story collection "I, ROBOT".

For the first time ever, Audi developed a car specifically for a major Hollywood motion picture. Audi engineers created a car for "I, ROBOT’s" incredible world of 2035.

The resulting Audi RSQ sport coupe is a visionary interpretation of Audi’s typical design language. The most important thing was that despite its extreme character the car should still be recognized as an Audi. The cinemagoer will therefore see the new Audi front-end with the typical single-frame grille in the movie.

The RSQ includes special features suggested by movie director Alex Proyas. The mid-engined sports car operated by the story’s police department, races through the Chicago of the future not on wheels but on spheres. Its two doors are rear-hinged to the C-posts of the body and open according to the butterfly principle.

In addition to the RSQ concept car, Audi supplied further volume-production cars which appear - in disguised shapes - in the movie’s traffic scenes. Audi also supplied the interior mock-up used for interior car scenes.

With this project Audi opens up a new chapter in product placement. Previously, the brand with the four rings has always supplied volume-production cars to movie productions. In individual cases, such as “Mission: Impossible II,” these cars were even used in movies before their market launch. With "I, ROBOT" and the systematic development of a “car of the future,” Audi goes far beyond its previous product placement activities.

Audi has been participating as an automobile partner in major movie productions for several years. In addition to John Frankenheimer’s action classic “Ronin” with Jean Reno and Robert de Niro (1998), the brand with the four rings played the automobile lead in "The Insider" (1999) featuring Academy Award Winner Russell Crowe, “Mission Impossible II” (starring Tom Cruise, 2000), “The Mothman Prophecies” (starring Richard Gere, 2002), “About a Boy” (starring Hugh Grant, 2002) and Reese Witherspoon’s “Legally Blond 2“ (2003).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matt; 04-07-2004 at 03:19 PM.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Audi RSQ Concept #2

Audi RSQ Concept #3

Audi RSQ Concept #4

HOLY SH*T!!!!
    Those doors could rival koiennigseig! That is a beautiful car, except for the horrible wheel covers.

yeah dont they just ruin the car? But those doors are nifty!

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    That is a beautiful car, except for the horrible wheel covers.
    I got to agree with you on that...
    It looks like an updated version of the Le Mans Quattro concept from last year...very good! I especially like the rear, with that red light Audi logo...nice
    Dreaming of a Peugeot 106 Rallye...

Wow, what an awesome looking car. It reminds me of the cars from the movie Blade Runner. I actually like the looks of those wheel covers.

BTW will smith has one
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Quote Originally Posted by cuntukimushroom
    BTW will smith has one
    Yeah, in the movie. The movie that it was created for.

Do you have any pictures of the car Lexus created for Minority Report?

Quote Originally Posted by cg42387
    Do you have any pictures of the car Lexus created for Minority Report?
    here you go:

http://www.speedycars.net/wallpaper/...ityreport.html

the wheels are actually spherical, so the bit in the center is part of the wheel, and the cover holds it all together.
    halo 2 - november 9

RSQ Concept Remake

The RSQ Concept has had a remake, similar, and made by another company.....

Last edited by Coventrysucks; 04-03-2005 at 10:07 AM. Reason: 800x600 limit exceeded, and you can't see the writing either.

Thread Information