Thread: TechArt Widebody (based on Cayman S)

TechArt Widebody (based on Cayman S)

(2006) TechArt Widebody (based on Cayman S)

Ewwwww I hate the whole thing

Except for the rear wing, I like it a lot.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I kinda like those front cut thingies, but the rear is crap and the original Cayman is better.

i would hit that in a second!

cayman > 911
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Just give it to me in white.

And keep your minds out of the gutter, I know what you're thinking.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    well it certainly is wide

I guess it's hard to improve on a porsche body though.

Would be a nice car, but the front seems a bit exaggerated.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: TechArt wheels are lame. Someone in development needs to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    Just give it to me in white.
    Oh yeah! And lose the black plastic bit on the rear bumper only, looks abit over done..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

TechArt Porsche Cayman Widebody #2

Athletic Beauty: TechArt Cayman S Widebody

The TechArt Widebody based on the Porsche Cayman S doesn’t only offer spectacular design but also extra driving fun and agility. After the huge success of the Widebody concept for the current Boxster generation, the German tuner TechArt now developed a wide body version for the mid-engine coupe.

With the add-on fender flarings on front and rear axle the TechArt Widebody is eight centimeters wider than the standard car. The front extensions don’t only provide extra room inside the wheel houses but also improve the deventilation of the heated up air with their integrated wheel-house ventilation. The rear flarings are equipped with largely dimensioned air ducts to bring fresh air to the centrally placed engine.

Apart from spectacular, sporty design the TechArt designers of course paid attention to optimal aerodynamic efficiency. The TechArt front spoiler bumper reduces the lift at the front axle and improves the cooling of the front brakes with large air ducts. The TechArt rear apron with integrated diffuser rounds out the conversion.

The tail of the car can be alternatively upgraded with the large TechArt GT sport rear wing or a subtle rear spoiler.

Extremely broad wheels and tires make the TechArt Widebody concept for the Boxster complete: Specially for this wide body version they developed custom-made versions of the one-piece TechArt Formula five spoke wheel. The front axle is equipped with wheels in size 8.5Jx20, the rear axle is equipped with 12Jx20 wheels.

After extensive test drives, TechArt recommends tires in sizes 235/30 ZR20 front and 305/25 ZR20 rear for the Widebody. The height-adjustable TechArt sport suspension is specially set-up for these ultra-wide wheels and tires and the wider track of the car. The coil-over suspension doesn’t only provide an individual damping of the roadster but also lowers the two-seater car by about an inch. Cayman models with PASM system can be updated with the sporty set up TechArt VarioPlus coil over sport suspension. This suspension isn’t only adjustable in height but also in damping by a push on the button inside the cockpit.

TechArt also offers engine tuning for the Widebody. The two watercooled six-cylinder boxer engines can be upgraded with the TechArt power kits. They each consist of a sport air filter and newly programmed engine electronics. The result: 15 bhp extra power and optimized road performance.

Another performance option is the TechArt increase in displacement from standard 3,387 cm3 to 3,824 cm3. The increase is facilitated by a bore enlarged to 99 millimeters with the corresponding larger special pistons, and by the installation of a special crankshaft.

The engine conversion further includes sports camshafts. A modified intake manifold with special air filter system and an aluminum header provide ample combustion air. The perfect interaction of all these components including the fully stainless-steel high-performance exhaust system with high-performance manifolds is orchestrated by new mapping for the engine electronics.

With a maximum power output of 385 bhp and a peak torque of 300 lb-ft the TechArt displacement engine satisfies both highly sporty minded drivers as well as those pilots who want lots of pulling power from low engine speed.

Powered by this engine, the mid-engine sports car offers excellent performance: The sprint from 0 - 62 mph takes just 4.9 seconds, and with a top speed of 188 mph, the TechArt two-seater easily bests its production counterpart in this discipline, too.

TechArt offers individual full leather trims in all colors and designs for the Widebody. The range reaches from completing the ex-works leather trims up to a completely redesigned cockpit with special sports seats and ergonomically shaped airbag sports steering wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

It might do 188mph but it's still ugly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information