Thread: Scania P114/P124

Scania P114/P124

Scania P114/P124 #1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Scania P114/P124 #2

Scania P114/P124 #3

I'll just mention quickly this model is infamous for it's unreliabilty in the transport sector

Thanks for posting the pictures.IMO the transport sector is under represented here...

Drakkie, expert transporter.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

is this ultimatetruckpage.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley_GT
    is this ultimatetruckpage.com?
    Aren't you original!

Finally some Scania's... I'm getting sick of all the DAF trucks... Just everywhere you go, you see DAF truck or parts of DAF trucks...

But what can you do if you just live a mile from the factory?
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    I'll just mention quickly this model is infamous for it's unreliabilty in the transport sector
    I noticed the last pic of the fire truck which along with your comment brought a wry smile, via memories of the '03 Canberra bushfire disaster. IIRC our city's fire service operated eight similar Scania (Type 3 & 4) pumpers on the day. While in action, three of those Scanias ceased to function because a design inadequacy caused the motors to catch fire, which is hardly desirable for a fire truck is it?

An abridged extract from the Coroner's Inquest:
    'The urban fire service experienced difficulties with its Scania pumpers, which displayed a design fault. Two appliances broke down [and damaged] as a consequence of this defect; a third was destroyed. It has since been ascertained that similar problems have been experienced in other jurisdictions. Negotiations are continuing with the manufacturer.'

(btw another two Scania pumpers were also disabled, leaving only three of the original eight units intact)

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    I noticed the last pic of the fire truck which along with your comment brought a wry smile, via memories of the '03 Canberra bushfire disaster. IIRC our city's fire service operated eight similar Scania (Type 3 & 4) pumpers on the day. While in action, three of those Scanias ceased to function because a design inadequacy caused the motors to catch fire, which is hardly desirable for a fire truck is it?

An abridged extract from the Coroner's Inquest:
    'The urban fire service experienced difficulties with its Scania pumpers, which displayed a design fault. Two appliances broke down [and damaged] as a consequence of this defect; a third was destroyed. It has since been ascertained that similar problems have been experienced in other jurisdictions. Negotiations are continuing with the manufacturer.'

(btw another two Scania pumpers were also disabled, leaving only three of the original eight units intact)
    I have a neighbour that drives toxic fluids around europe for a international transport company. The company bought three of these Scania's. The DAF's they had before them had never broken down in 8 years (very long for a truck). The new Scania's broke down once a month. They suffered from the weirdest faults one can imagine. From a failing speedometer to a complete electrical blackout. IIRC he had a broken front axle (while simply driving on the autobahn without major bumps or something ). He also overheated it quite often in the high alpine pass-routes (Simplon,Brenner etc.) he told me.

Now he has a Volvo.He has never broken down in four years with it now.
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-04-2007 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Drakkie, expert transporter.
    Besides cars the transport technology has my interest. I enjoy reading about it and especially like to drive (with) them.

My knowledge is far less than that of cars,but atleast i try to contribute to this thread. I cant say that of you, while YOU should give an example to other members being a moderator.

Have these been re-sized or they don't come from the official media site? Because I've been to the media site and the pictures are huge, sometimes even in the 4000x3000 range.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Thanks for posting the pictures.IMO the transport sector is under represented here...
    Any stories about the "un-realeability" of the trucks?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    Any stories about the "un-realeability" of the trucks?
    May I suggest reading through the thread, sir?

Besides cars the transport technology has my interest. I enjoy reading about it and especially like to drive (with) them.
    Me too. Years ago I used to get paid for driving semis. Big trucks are a gas to drive, and its not because they're easy. Quite the contrary

Take acceleration:

Around here most of the roads have a 100km/h top speed limit. From standstill your average thoopercar can accomplish this velocity in a completely effortless 4 or 5 seconds .. then the party's over, as far as acceleration goes. Too easy, blink and you'll miss it. Many of them no longer offer the fun of operating a clutch pedal; likewise real gearlevers have morphed into electro fun-buttons and flap-paddles

But when driving those big bastards the enjoyment of shifting gears while stretching out a motor for maximum effect just goes on & on

Thread Information