Thread: Pontiac G6 GXP 2007-2009

Pontiac G6 GXP 2007-2009

Pontiac G6 GXP

The new, 2008 G6 GXP performance coupe and sedan bring a new, performance-oriented dimension to the G6’s broad lineup. They will be available with both base and Street edition packages.

G6 GXP Street edition models are easily identified by their new front fascia, which features new fog lamps and braided polished stainless steel upper and outboard lower grille inserts with chrome surrounds on the upper grille sections leading to a revised hood with scoops. New body side rocker moldings lead to a redesigned rear fascia with two exhaust openings. Chrome, dual-wall tips exit through the openings. A rear spoiler also is part of the GXP package, but is specific to either the coupe or sedan; the coupe model receives a larger, more aggressive “hammerhead” spoiler. GXP-specific 18-inch wheels are also standard in the Street edition package.

All G6 GXP models are powered by GM Powertrain’s 3.6L V-6 with variable valve timing. It is rated at 252 horsepower (188 kW) at 6300 rpm and 251 lb.-ft. of torque (341 Nm) at 3200 rpm. The engine is a state-of-the-art, DOHC powerplant that uses full four-cam phasing, rapid date processing and torque-based engine management to optimize power, economy and emissions performance.

The 3.6-liter V-6 VVT engine is mated to a new Hydra-Matic 6T70 electronically controlled six-speed automatic transmission. It is an advanced transmission with state-of-the-art clutch-to-clutch shift operation, designed for high-performance front-wheel drive applications. Clutch-to-clutch operation allows for reduced complexity and compact packaging. The six-speed automatic improves vehicle performance up to 8 percent and increases fuel economy up to 4 percent over current front-wheel-drive four-speed automatics.

G6 GXP models have sporty, driver-oriented interiors with refined controls and instrument layouts. Standard features include highly bolstered, body-hugging seats, tilt/telescopic steering wheel, racing-style gauges with true-red LED instrument backlighting, automatic climate control, power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, AM/FM/CD player, variable intermittent wipers, tachometer and theft-deterrent system. Available items include power adjustable pedals, six-way power seats, heated seats, leather seating surfaces, in-dash six-CD changers and remote vehicle start. GXP-specific leather-appointed seating with two-tone inserts is available.

On the road, the G6 GXP coupe and sedan deliver the type of responsive ride and handling characteristics expected from Pontiac's performance series. They are equipped with GXP-specific sport-tuned suspensions, as well as GM’s StabiliTrak electronic stability control system as standard equipment.

The front suspension uses a MacPherson strut design, with aluminum lower control arms and a direct-acting stabilizer bar. Suspension components mount to a U-shaped hydroformed chassis cradle. Rubber mounts isolate the body from the chassis cradle to minimize noise, vibration and harshness. At the rear, a four-link independent suspension design uses twin-tube shock absorbers and another direct acting stabilizer bar, all intended to minimize body roll during cornering. High-performance braking is an integral part of the G6’s sporty nature. Large, heavy-duty four-wheel disc brakes provide excellent stopping power and great fade resistance. Front discs are vented and the rears are solid. Four-channel ABS is standard.

Base G6 GXP models receive standard 18-inch aluminum alloy painted flangeless five-spoke wheels, while those opting for the Street edition will receive a unique 18-inch wheel. Black chrome-finished 18-inch aluminum wheels are also available.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

What's is that thing??? Pontiac copying the Subaru Imprezza WRX??? and that thing of a wing.... Beurk! I thought Bob Lutz wanted cleaner looking cars. I guess that horror passed under his radar...

Quote Originally Posted by hchanhle
    What's is that thing??? Pontiac copying the Subaru Imprezza WRX??? and that thing of a wing.... Beurk! I thought Bob Lutz wanted cleaner looking cars. I guess that horror passed under his radar...
    Subaru Impreza? Where?!?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Subaru Impreza? Where?!?
    Sorry, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution... OZ wheels, air intakes...

That wing has to go, it's hideous. I also don't like the enlarged Pontiac grill, it looks stupid. It could be decent looking otherwise however.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

The wing looks like an enlarged version of the G35 Coupe's wing.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Wow check that out. This one comes riced from the factory.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

That's certainly ugly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

What's that thing at the rear, an aircraft carrier?
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by hchanhle
    Sorry, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution... OZ wheels, air intakes...
    The air intakes on an Evo don't look like that...also, the wheels look nothing like those on the evo.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information