Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Demon Concept 2007

Dodge Demon Concept 2007

Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple Soul, Artful Attitude Make for Radical Results

Geneva 2007

The Dodge Demon concept is a compact, nimble “roadster with an attitude,” a perfect balance of classic sports car proportion and simplicity blended with modern design and performance. The vehicle will be shown for the first time at the 77th International Motor Show in Geneva next month.

“While the iconic Dodge Viper is a dream car for many, the Dodge Demon is designed to be an attainable dream car,” said Jae Chung – Dodge Demon Principal Exterior Designer, Chrysler Group. “The exterior design is simple yet bold, featuring an energetic combination of curves and intersecting planes.”

The bodyside of the Dodge Demon main character line flows up and over the front wheel, then drops diagonally to an angular color-keyed vent on the rear fender that directs cooling air to the rear brakes. In similar fashion, the compound rear fender surface curves up and over the rear wheel, sweeping into a broad diagonal plane extending to the taillamp. The resulting muscular fender form projects boldly beyond the main body, underscoring that the Dodge Demon concept is a rear-wheel-drive machine.

The rear surface of the body is divided into three planes with two chamfered outboard planes, dominated by long, tapering trapezoidal taillamps. The taillamps sport translucent red inset lenses that surround LED back-up lamps.

Up front, the signature Dodge crosshair grille is stuffed into an aggressive, menacing, trapezoidal opening that thrusts boldly forward.

Set into elongated angled triangles, the projector headlamps, delineated by bright rings, are set into black chrome bezels, giving the front end mean-looking “eyes” that accentuate the grille opening. Encompassing the upper portions of the front fenders and sporting two recessed air outlets, the Dodge Demon’s hood is hinged at the front, adding a just-for-fun performance-car look and feel.

Featuring an open-spoke design, the wheels are pushed to the corners of the body for a dramatic stance and capable performance. The 19-inch brushed aluminum wheels are set into assertive, asymmetrical openings that reprise the body’s playful combination of curves and planes.

The beltline kicks up at the rear and into the higher deck lid contour, giving the lucky occupants an encapsulated, protective feeling.

“In the manner of timeless British sports cars, the interior of the Dodge Demon is purposely functional, not frivolous,” said Dan Zimmermann – Dodge Demon Principal Interior Designer. “Everything relating to the driving experience is emphasized, while that which is not is made visually secondary.

“The well laid out instrument panel, for example, is familiar, yet modern. Everything you really need – the gauges, circular AC outlets, radio – is encapsulated in a cross-car brushed aluminum bezel that also accentuates the width of the cabin. Secondary controls and features, such as the HVAC knobs and the passenger-side glove box, are located below this bezel,” Zimmermann added.

In a similar functional manner, the floor console is deliberately not a part of, or attached to, the instrument panel. The console is dominated by the squat ready-at-hand silver and black manual shift knob, and its leather boot is set into a bright trim ring. The wide, brushed aluminum console bezel also incorporates the recessed emergency brake handle, with the window switch gear, softly lit cup holders and 12V power outlet organized into a graphically unified shape. The upper portion of the instrument panel, including the cluster brow, is accented by a stitched seam with contrasting silver thread.

“Each of these features is set flush, or nearly flush, with the bezel surface so as to establish a ‘clear zone’ for the driver’s shift arm in all seating positions, with nothing in the way of the driving experience,” Zimmermann said.

The raised plateau at the rear of the console incorporates a covered storage bin – with a lid that serves as an armrest between shifts – while the portion of the console extending under the instrument panel has an open bin handy for incidentals.

The steering wheel employs an aluminum open-spoke design with each of the three spokes intersecting the small circular hub for a timeless sports car look. The wheel rim itself is brushed aluminum on the inside, complemented with stitched vinyl on the outer rim. Immediately forward of the wheel, the four-gauge cluster features classic white-on-black dials with graphics inspired by sports watches. Each circular gauge is set handsomely inside a finely detailed silver and chrome bezel ring, while gauge pointers are colored to match the exterior.

The doors feature durable, vertical grab handles, each anchored to a silver bezel housing the chrome door remote handle. The lower portion of each door features a stylish brushed aluminum bezel that encapsulates the large circular speaker grille and then drops sharply as it moves rearward to form the map pocket outer panel, mimicking a feature line on the car’s exterior.

The Dodge Demon’s seats feature contoured bolsters that are just high enough to provide support when cornering, yet do not hinder ingress or egress. Set in exposed low-gloss carbon fiber shells, the black seats with integral head restraints feature inserts of textured “Momentum” fabric mated to fabric bolsters, with specific sew lines accented by silver thread. Individual brushed aluminum and carbon fiber roll bars are positioned directly behind the bucket seats. With long seat tracks, there is ample storage behind the seats. Additional covered storage is provided in the bulkhead between the seats.

The Dodge Demon concept is an affordable Dodge sports car which merges brand cues of bold design and powerful performance with an open-air “fun-to-drive” attitude.

PRELIMINARY TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Dimensions are in inches (millimeters) unless otherwise noted.

Engine: 2.4-liter petrol World Engine
    Maximum Power: 172 hp SAE (128 kW) @ 6000 rpm
    Maximum Torque: 165 lb.-ft. (224 Nm) @ 4400 rpm
    Transmission: Six-speed manual
    Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
    Overall Length: 156.5 (3974)
    Overall Width (max. @ body): 68.3 (1736)
    Overall Height: 51.8 (1315)
    Wheelbase: 95.6 (2429)
    Overhang, Front: 30.6 (777)
    Overhang, Rear: 30.3 (769)
    Curb Weight (estimated): 2600 lbs. (1179 kg)
    Tire Size, Front/Rear: 58.7 (1491)
    Wheel Size: 19 x 8 in.
    Outer Diameter: 25.2 (640)
    Exterior Color: Bright Amber Pearl
    Interior Color: Carbon Black
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dodge Demon Concept #2

Dodge Demon Concept #3
    Last edited by 90ft; 02-13-2007 at 01:44 AM.

Dodge Demon Concept #4
    Last edited by 90ft; 02-13-2007 at 01:45 AM.

Dodge Demon Concept #5

that rear 3/4 panel is bloody ordinary, looks a little "Bangled"

but most of the details are nice... so not bad overall...

We don't need 19" wheels in a 170bhp sportscar. Thankfully the weight has been kept under acceptable levels.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I would love to see this "thing" next to an MGB, I bet the the B-driver's head will not even reach the top of the doors of "his uglyness"
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I look forward to this but also I am sure there would be an SRT version soon after that would be nice too.

front end = evo x + S2000
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing View Post
    that rear 3/4 panel is bloody ordinary, looks a little "Bangled"

but most of the details are nice... so not bad overall...
    I agree, the rear 3/4 is the weak spot.

It seems impossible to describe this car without adding two other cars together to formulate different parts of it. It is a mishmash.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    front end = evo x + S2000
    That, however is an astute observation. All in all, I don't know how I feel about this one really.

It has some nice details when viewed seperatly, but the overall shape of the car is pretty dull and unimaginative.
    Will dodge ever drop that "cross" grill motif? it's horrendous!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    It has some nice details when viewed seperatly, but the overall shape of the car is pretty dull and unimaginative.
    Will dodge ever drop that "cross" grill motif? it's horrendous!
    No doubt. The cross is rank. Look at the Nitro. That looks like cack because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    No doubt. The cross is rank. Look at the Nitro. That looks like cack because of it.
    I am making a thread very soon about the uglyest car for 2007, and the Nitro is at the very top of the list of suggested cars i will post.

It is incredibly hideous. I think, it might actually even beat the Aztek as the ugliest car this side of 2000
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    I am making a thread very soon about the uglyest car for 2007, and the Nitro is at the very top of the list of suggested cars i will post.

It is incredibly hideous. I actually think it might even beat the Aztek...
    The Aztek is bad. Real bad. I wanna see this forum - be sure to leave an other column so people can do write in candidates. Hell, what else is there. I can't think. I'll trust your reccomendations of crap cars

Thread Information