Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi S5 (8T) 2007-2015

Audi S5 (8T) 2007-2015

[from leftlanenews] Audi has revealed its 2008 S5 coupe, which will be on display at the Geneva Motor Show alongside the new A5 coupe. Although final specs have not yet been disclosed, the S5 is widely expected to get the same 4.2-liter V8 as the S4, delivering 340 horsepower and 302 pound feet of torque.

Like all Audi "S" models, the S5 has sportier suspension, unique front and rear fascias, performance wheels and brakes, carbon fiber interior elements, and the choice of a six-speed manual or DSG gearbox.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

hmmm it's looks like a chop!

probably is. mostly anyway.

Looks good, whatever it is
    My other signature has a V12

Sorry to say the more I look at it the less I like it.

Audi S5 #2

In a league of its own

The Audi S5

The Audi S5 is a unique competitor among high-performance coupés, thanks to its combination of V8 FSI technology and quattro permanent four-wheel drive. The eight-cylinder engine with its superb power delivery has worthy counterparts in the specially tuned sports suspension and high-performance brakes. Subtle, but clear design elements inside and out serve to distinguish this coupé as a high performance athlete in a league of its own. The Audi S5 goes on sale with the launch of the Audi A5 series.

Engine and running gear
    Fascination no figures can express

The figures alone are fascinating enough, but they only hint at the impressive driving experience the S5 offers. The eight-cylinder engine has a rated power output of 260 kW (354 bhp). Its peak torque is 440 Nm, which it already delivers at 3,500 rpm. Within just 5.1 seconds the Audi S5 can sprint to 100 km/h. But no figures can adequately describe the supreme free-revving character, the spontaneous response, the continuous power build-up, or the thrilling sound of this eight-cylinder engine. The V8 naturally derives its enormous power potential from the innovative FSI direct injection technology with high compression and optimum fuel mixture formation.

The six-speed manual gearbox with its very precise guiding of the gear lever and short throw action makes every gear change a pleasure. The quattro permanent four-wheel drive of course provides perfect traction with variable torque distribution from its basic setting of 40 percent to the front and 60 percent to the rear axle. Within a fraction of a second, the dynamic drivetrain system adapts to the current driving conditions and constantly delivers the ideal distribution of drive torque.

The Audi S5’s sports suspension is tuned to enhance the coupé’s performance with particularly dynamic handling. The special high-performance brakes, recognisable by their black painted brake calipers, always ensure precise deceleration. And finally, the ESP electronic stabilisation programme can be deactivated in two stages whenever the driver wishes to exploit the potential of the Audi S5 to the full on a suitable stretch of road.

Design and interiors
    Sporty aesthetics with clear functionality

While the design of the Audi A5 forms a balanced synthesis of sportiness and elegance, the Audi S5 displays the more vigorous features of a powerfully built athlete: the radiator grille possesses the specific look of an Audi S model – painted in platinum grey and fitted with vertical chrome inlays. The front and rear bumpers have a more pronounced outline and the air inlet grilles are more striking. The aluminium-look exterior mirror housings make an overtly sporty impression, as do the colour-keyed door sill trim and the dual-branch exhaust system with four oval tailpipes. Nevertheless, the model’s sporty attributes always have a functional aspect: for instance, the more pronounced spoiler in the boot lid yields additional aerodynamic downforce.

However, true strength comes from within and the interior design of the Audi A5 thoroughly underscores its athletic character. The sports seats, sports steering wheel, instruments with grey dials and aluminium door sill plates provide a dynamic and refined atmosphere. The programme does, of course, provide ample scope to fulfil individual interior design wishes: the inlays are one example – here the choice is between carbon, aluminium, stainless steel or wood. After all, the Audi S5 should perfectly match its owner’s individual ideas and expectations.

Alongside the coupé’s 18-inch wheels with the new S design and 245/40 R 18 tyres, the standard equipment specification for the S5 features items such as xenon plus headlights with impressive daytime running lights in the form of an LED light strip, or sports seats with electronic adjustment
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!k an i thought i was going to be happy with my S4 for a long time!!!!! i want one in RED!
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Audi S5 #3

Being nice since 2007.

Audi S5 #4

Being nice since 2007.

Audi S5 #5

Being nice since 2007.

Audi S5 #6

Being nice since 2007.

Strange things happening...

When I first saw this car, didn't like it very much. Then the more I looked at it, the less I liked it. After looking it at more, it's looking better and better...

So my conclusion is this: Still think the front could've looked better, but apparently this car is growing on me, so it works!

I've been withholding my opinion on this, thinking it might grow on me. But, no. It's bland, boring and has no character whatsoever. I'm thoroughly disappointed.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've been withholding my opinion on this, thinking it might grow on me. But, no. It's bland, boring and has no character whatsoever. I'm thoroughly disappointed.
    What it is, is predictable. I don't think we were expecting anything radically different from this.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Bye-Bye V8 #7
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information