Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daewoo G2X 2007-2009

Daewoo G2X 2007-2009

G2X - An Exhilarating Roadster for Korea

The premiere of the unique G2X roadster a few months ahead of its domestic sales, which start in late summer, is a true highlight of this year’s Seoul Motor Show.

Its longitudinally front-installed 2.0-liter 260-hp engine with turbocharger and gasoline direct injection accelerates the roadster to 100 km/h from a standing start in just 5.5 seconds, and to a top speed of about 227 km/h.

“The G2X is a classic roadster with abundant power and breathtaking acceleration. Hence, it will offer true sports car performance and an exhilarating driving experience,” said Grimaldi. “To further strengthen the GM Daewoo brand, we will offer Korean consumers something no other Korean manufacturer has in its showroom.”

The G2X brings with it a lot of personality thanks to its exciting shape, which contrasts sharp edges with curved surfaces to create a dynamic look. With a wide stance, sleek silhouette, long front-hinged hood and short overhangs, the proportions are typical of its class.

High-tech features such as gasoline direct injection, a twin-scroll turbocharger with intercooler, double camshaft phasing and twin counter-rotating balance shafts provide the basis for the 1,998-cm 3 four-cylinder engine’s impressive performance data. Maximum output of 194 kW/260 hp at 5,300 rpm and high torque plateau of 353 Nm (35.9 kh.m) between 2,500 and 5,000 rpm ensure plenty of power in all situations.

For the G2X, engineers designed a classic sporty configuration based on a rigid chassis, wide track (front/rear: 1,543/1,561 mm) and long wheelbase of 2,415 mm. All four wheels are suspended from twin A-arms made from forged aluminum, the center of gravity is low, and the weight distribution of 51:49 percent (front/rear) is well balanced.

An automatic five-speed transmission with limited slip differential efficiently provides propulsion power to the rear wheels. A torque beam between the transmission and rear axle suppresses reactions to acceleration/deceleration effects. All wheels are fitted with large disk brakes, while ABS and ESP (which, like Traction Control, can be switched off) monitor safety.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

GM Daewoo G2X #2

Being nice since 2007.

GM Daewoo G2X #3

Being nice since 2007.

GM Daewoo G2X #4

Being nice since 2007.

GM Daewoo G2X #5

Being nice since 2007.

GM Daewoo G2X #6

Being nice since 2007.

Isn't that a Saturn Sky and a Pontiac Solstice?

And an Opel GT...

Oh man, I just realised this is my 500th thread...Definately no where near what I wanted to post as my 500th thread.

Being nice since 2007.

Yeah, seriously.... It's getting boring, GM. It's always been their signature move. Give people plenty of the same exact cars. It's what they do best.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, seriously.... It's getting boring, GM. It's always been their signature move. Give people plenty of the same exact cars. It's what they do best.
    My thought exactly. I was at a GM dealer Thursday and they had the Sky and the Solstice one next to the other. I asked the dealer: "So, hum, what's the big different between these two, aside from the badge?" He struggled to answer, aside from minor differences, they're exactly the same.

Exact same thing for the G5/Cobalt, Wave/Aveo, etc. I felt it was a bit abusive, and all these cars were sitting next to their counterparts in the showroom... confusing for the buyer. I could go on forever with other examples, but let's say it's enough.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

that is very true... but one big difference, although very superficial, is style. the solstice and sky do look very different. i for one fine the solstice attractive, but rather boring. but the sky, on the other hand, i fond to be amazing to look at, in pics or in the flesh. i think that is a major difference between the two, and one that will lead to them both selling very well.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    My thought exactly. I was at a GM dealer Thursday and they had the Sky and the Solstice one next to the other. I asked the dealer: "So, hum, what's the big different between these two, aside from the badge?" He struggled to answer, aside from minor differences, they're exactly the same.

Exact same thing for the G5/Cobalt, Wave/Aveo, etc. I felt it was a bit abusive, and all these cars were sitting next to their counterparts in the showroom... confusing for the buyer. I could go on forever with other examples, but let's say it's enough.
    Yup, my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    that is very true... but one big difference, although very superficial, is style. the solstice and sky do look very different. i for one fine the solstice attractive, but rather boring. but the sky, on the other hand, i fond to be amazing to look at, in pics or in the flesh. i think that is a major difference between the two, and one that will lead to them both selling very well.
    But the Saturn Sky, Opel GT and the Daewoo are all the same on the exterior. To give them some credit, I doubt all four will be in the same market at the same time, but it just gets so repetitive. And if they do arrive in the same market at once somewhere, well, let's not go there.

the sky, gt, and daewoo are made for different markets. gt for europe, daewoo for asia, and sky for america. so they will never be in the same market, although i woudl love to drive the opel around here, get a lot of funny looks.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    the sky, gt, and daewoo are made for different markets. gt for europe, daewoo for asia, and sky for america. so they will never be in the same market, although i woudl love to drive the opel around here, get a lot of funny looks.
    You can, just move the badges around for a Saturn Sky. Not so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You can, just move the badges around for a Saturn Sky. Not so hard.
    That would be the "Identity Crisis" phenomenon. Type R badges ftw. j/k
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information