Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi Cross Coupe Quattro Concept 2007

Audi Cross Coupe Quattro Concept 2007

Audi Cross Coupe quattro

The compact performance SUV

The silhouette is typical Audi; the design of the study, painted in Liquid Silver, is highly reminiscent of the sporty models produced by the Ingolstadt brand. The proportions and the large 20" wheels point clearly towards the offroad potential of the Cross Coupé quattro. A new element is the fabric folding roof, which, when it is open, gives optimum levels of headroom and fresh air. The hood is opened and closed electrically.

The transversely installed four-cylinder inline TDI engine with common-rail fuel injection and piezo injectors is a completely new development. With power output of 204 bhp and 400 Nm of torque, it gives the vehicle a sporty performance and a surprising degree of efficiency. On average the ultra-modern 2.0 TDI needs just 5.9 litres of diesel per 100 km. The diesel particulate filter and Bluetec system reduce soot and nitric oxide emissions effectively. Even today, the Audi Cross Coupé quattro satisfies the emissions standards of the future.

The quattro permanent four-wheel drive system is a matter of course on an Audi with offroad potential. A Haldex clutch ensures that traction is precisely distributed according to the situation. The sporty Audi S tronic dual-clutch gearbox executes gearshifts in a matter of milliseconds.

The running gear, featuring a McPherson-strut front axle and a four-link rear axle is perfect for sporty and agile handling that retains a high degree of stability and makes cornering distinctly fun. As an additional quality, the driving comfort of the running gear impresses on all types of road and in rough terrain, meeting even the standards expected of a vehicle in a higher class. Ceramic brake discs promise excellent, non-fading deceleration. 20" wheels give the Cross Coupé quattro the ground clearance required.

Numerous electronic systems support the driver. The Audi drive select system makes it possible to preselect three highly individual configurations for the engine, gearbox, steering and adaptive shock absorbers. The result: a car that can be enjoyed in three completely different ways.

Besides the standard "dynamic" drive select mode and the "sport" setting, the Audi Cross Coupé also has the "efficiency" driving program. Here, the engine map and the shift points are modified to support a particularly economical driving style. In addition, the system deactivates components that are particularly energy-hungry, for example the air-conditioning compressor.

Another innovation is the MMI control panel, which is operated by a touch pad. The monitor of the system employs, for the first time, dual-view technology. The system can produce different images for the driver and front-seat passenger. These images are only visible when viewed from a specific angle. This allows the driver to read data from the on-board computer while the front passenger watches a TV programme, listening to the sound through headphones.

The sound system with the prominent extending tweeters sets a new infotainment standard in the class. The ambient lighting with numerous light sources gives the interior a stylish ambience, even at night
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Audi Cross Coupe quattro #2

Being nice since 2007.

Audi Cross Coupe quattro #3
    Last edited by Vaigra; 04-20-2007 at 07:13 AM.

Being nice since 2007.

Audi Cross Coupe quattro #4
    Last edited by Vaigra; 04-20-2007 at 07:15 AM.

Being nice since 2007.

I've been saying we need a smiley that throws up, but noone listens to me...
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Wow, that sure is nice. Those wheels look fantastic, as does the front, even if it is a little stumpy. I'm not so sure about the back though, too saloon like, it should be more like the ShootingBrake Concept or the Q7 or even the A6 Avant.
    As always, the interior looks fantstic but do Audi really need to further extend it's range? I'm guessing this is a competitor to the butt ugly BMW X3, LR Freelander2?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Wow, that sure is nice.
    Sure. It's an Audi.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

i agree, they were doing so well with the R8 & A5/S5
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

When is the world going to stop the insanity and remember that anything with four doors is not a coupe?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Wow, that sure is nice. Those wheels look fantastic, as does the front, even if it is a little stumpy. I'm not so sure about the back though, too saloon like, it should be more like the ShootingBrake Concept or the Q7 or even the A6 Avant.
    As always, the interior looks fantstic but do Audi really need to further extend it's range? I'm guessing this is a competitor to the butt ugly BMW X3, LR Freelander2?
    The wheels are disgusting. Hate them with a passion. That rear end is plain wrong. It should come down like a normal SUV. It's a 4x4, it'll never be sporty no matter how hard you try. Too much chrome on the front grill too. Give it a normal grill and the front wouldn't look too bad. I like the headlights. I might put them on an S5 and see how it looks.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    SECOND THAT

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Those wheels look fantastic.
    Sure. It's an Audi.
    SECOND THAT

I'm getting kinda sick of engineers letting marketing people enter their R&D labs.
    Last edited by Ingolstadt; 04-20-2007 at 09:20 AM.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    You're the man.

x2.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Looks pretty good, in the thumbnails.

I dunno, it could be another major seller for Audi. Although yes, it is quite ugly. I seem to like the Q7 over this.

BTW, is the X3 selling well?

Also, one last thing, what is the car in your avatar? It's sick.

Thread Information