Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Golf (V-1K) 2003-2008

Volkswagen Golf (V-1K) 2003-2008

The new Golf – In Brief

Market launch:The fifth-generation Golf has been launched onto the first markets in October 2003. In 2004 Volkswagen is planning a production volume of approx. 600,000 Golfs. In spite of extensive improvements and extended comfort, safety and security equipment, the basic model will retail in Germany at the same price as its predecessor.
    Golf body

Body dimensions: Since the Golf's body is wider (1.759 mm / + 24 mm), higher (1.485 mm / + 41 mm) and longer (4.204 mm / + 55 mm), it is much more spacious (+ 54 mm cabin length), particularly in the rear compartment (+ 52 mm legroom / + 24 mm headroom at the rear and + 8 mm at the front) and luggage space (350 litres / + 20 litres).
    Body quality: With an increase in static body rigidity of 80%, the Golf achieves a standard that is unmatched by the competition. There has been a significant increase in the proportion of high-strength body panels used. The net result is a significant plus in terms of body strength, crash safety and comfort whilst optimising weight. 140 special robots ensure the high body rigidity of the Golf, among other things, by means of laser-welded seams with a total length of 70 metres, as compared to five metres in the predecessor.
    Body design: Even at first glance, the newcomer can unmistakably be recognised as the original in its class - as the Golf. The design, however, with its characteristic C-pillar, the powerfully-built body rear end, the pronounced sporting character of the body front end and the muscular, rakish silhouette displays confident, new dynamics. This confidence is accentuated by striking twin round headlights and the integrated turn indicators in the style of the Phaeton. The tail-lights with their double lens elements are equally distinctive.
    Module doors: As the first volume-production car in the world with a steel body, the new Golf has doors built in accordance with a modular system. In the event of damage, it is possible here merely to replace the outer skin panel instead of the whole door. This results in massive savings in both time and costs.
    Golf interior

Interior: The new interior of the Golf characterises par excellence the attention to detail. For example, the seats have been completely redesigned to provide maximum comfort. As well as the ergonomic basis features, the adjustment ranges have also be redefined: the front seats can now be adjusted over a wider range both longitudinally and vertically. In addition to the standard assymetrically split rear seat backrest, a passenger seat which folds forward is now available as an optional extra. The Golf is also the first car in its segment to be offered the option of an electric four-way lumbar support (integrated in the electric seat).
    Golf safety chassis

Chassis: Volkswagen has configured the new, dynamic safety chassis so it is just as sporty as it is comfortable. At the front, a much improved suspension-strut-type axle ensures perfect guidance; at the rear, a newly developed multilink axle is deployed - this groundbreaking feature will set the standard for the future in this segment. Thanks to the multilink axle (four-link suspension), handling and driving comfort have been decisively improved. As inclined dampers with oval auxiliary springs are used in the new Golf, the through-loading width in the luggage compartment has been enlarged. Handling performance is honed to perfection by a new electromechanical steering system which offers an extremely good "centre feel" and contributes significantly to sound straight-line stability.
    Golf engines and gearboxes

Engines: In the launch phase the new Golf will be available with two petrol engines (1.4 with 55 kW / 75 bhp and 1.6 FSI with 85 kW / 115 bhp) as well as two TDI engines (1.9 TDI with 77 kW / 105 bhp and 2.0 TDI with 103 kW / 140 bhp). Four more engines will be available shortly after: two FSI engines (1.4 FSI with 66 kW / 90 bhp and 2.0 FSI with 110 kW / 150 bhp), a 1.6-litre engine with 75 kW / 102 bhp and a diesel direct injection unit (2.0 SDI with 55 kW / 75 bhp). The sporty top-of-the-range engines will be introduced in a third phase. All engines comply with the EU 4 standard; compliance with this standard has tax advantages in Germany.
    Gearboxes: The Golf 1.4 and 1.9 TDI have a five-speed gearbox. The Golf 1.6 FSI and 2.0 TDI are fitted as standard with a six-speed gearbox (1.9 TDI optional). An ultramodern automatic six-speed gearbox is available for the Golf 1.6 FSI. The TDI engines can alternatively be combined with a sporty direct shift gearbox (DSG®); this innovative gearbox offers semi-automatic and fully automatic modes.
    Golf equipment

Equipment lines: The Golf will be available in two- and four-door versions in the equipment lines Trendline, Comfortline and Sportline. All the lines have comprehensive safety features that include six airbags, five head restraints (front active) complete with three-point seat belts, a new safety steering column and foot controls which retract in the event of a crash, a new ESP generation including Dual Brake Assist and self-learning electromechanical power steering (EPS).
    Trendline: The Trendline version already features electric windows, electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors and central locking with radio-wave remote control as standard. In addition, Trendline contains height adjustment for the driver's seat and the assymetrically split rear seat back. The two-door model is also equipped with front seats with an easy-entry function.
    Comfortline: The Comfortline version is much more geared towards comfort. Here standard equipment includes additional details such as automatic driving light control with coming-home and leaving-home functions, rain/light sensor, comfort seats, automatic anti-dazzle interior rear-view mirror, 15-inch alloy wheels and cruise control (CCS).
    Sportline: The Sportline version places the emphasis firmly on dynamics. A sports chassis and 16-inch alloy wheels as well as painted bumpers and bodyside mouldings ensure that the Golf looks the part on the outside. On the inside, "Titanium" design decorative inserts, front sports seats and a leather steering wheel and leather gearshift knob accentuate the sporty feel.
    Optional equipment: The range of optional equipment allows you to tailor your Golf to your individual needs. Innovative features include draught-free air conditioning system (Climatronic) with automatic air recirculation when reversing and ventilation cutout when the windscreen washer system is activated, a front passenger seat backrest that folds forward on request, additional side airbags for the rear compartment (4-door version only), auxiliary heating which is available ex works and can be operated via remote control or the air conditioning system, an additional Isofix child seat fixture for the front passenger seat, two different radio systems with CD player, a high-end navigation system and a telephone with a hands-free kit with integrated direct dial buttons (information and assistance).
    Services

Golf Exclusive Service: The fifth-generation Golf is also covered by a comprehensive service programme: "Golf Exclusive Service". This service philosophy comprises a quality guarantee on all completed repair shop work, the guarantee of first-class customer and product support by the repair shops, the LongLife mobility guarantee and permanent access to a round-the-clock "Emergency Service Call Center". This programme can also be used to call up a mobility service and an express service. The idea behind "Exclusive Service" is to further strengthen the position of the customer and guarantee optimum customer and product support.
    Manufacturer-supported repair: Volkswagen has perfected its comprehensive "Golf Exclusive Service" by extending "manufacturer-supported repair" to all models. Thanks to this programme, which was originally developed for the Phaeton and Touareg models, Volkswagen's extensive engineering and technical know-how is now available to all customers and dealerships. The "Technical Service Center" (TSC®) set up specifically for this very purpose in Wolfsburg is fast becoming the worldwide point of contact for all questions of a technical nature.

-----
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 02-06-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #2

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #3

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #4

i dont think it looks as good as the older one. it looks okay, but i just dont think it looks as... masculine. (spelling?) all the same it will sell millions!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #5

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #6

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #7

Cool

the interior looks like a luxury car doesnt it???

I think its very cool that you can now get the best of europe for under 20,000 usd.
    If you are natural, you are cool and if you are cool you must be a CCK

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #8

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #9

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #10

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #11

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #12

Volkswagen Golf Mark V #13

Thread Information