Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi A4 (B8) 2008–2015

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf

Audi A4 (B8) 2008–2015

The all new Audi A4 which will have its debut at the Frankfurt Motorshow next month.

Pictures from Audi Media
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

I see a lot of A5 similarities. Not a massive departure from the current A4. I like it.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I think it's fine, not very exciting. Now that we've got used to the big grille, this car is very Audi.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I kinda get the feeling with this car as I get with the 3 Series. It now looks like 'just' a car, like an ordinary Opel (Vauxhall) Astra or something. But I want Audi's to be exciting and not normal looking... Let's hope the (R)S4 will look awesome again.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    But I want Audi's to be exciting and not normal looking... Let's hope the (R)S4 will look awesome again.
    Bear in mind that if the bog standard saloon looked exciting, it would be very hard to make the R versions stand out. You need a plain car to make the hot version stand out from the crowd.

The land of the free and home of the whopper!
    Quote Originally Posted by RenesisEvo View Post
    Bear in mind that if the bog standard saloon looked exciting, it would be very hard to make the R versions stand out. You need a plain car to make the hot version stand out from the crowd.
    Agreed. The A4 has always looked very good in stock form, and they've always been able to make the S4 and RS4 stand out from the crowd and not over do it.
    roflcopter

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    I see a lot of A5 similarities. Not a massive departure from the current A4. I like it.
    definitely not any real revolution in design. although i think i prefer the older interior. my father-in-law is on his second A4, (he's had a 2001 and a 2006 or 7, cant remember specifically), and his son has a first gen A4, and i like interiors in all of them. not that this one is bad, i just prefer the symmetric design of the earlier interiors.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

A poor attempt at being radical, but a nice looking car none the less. I'd still rather have an Alfa 159 or a 3 Series, but I'd still certainly take it over a C-Class or any of it's other compeditors.

I like it. A much better interior compared to the current model.

Well, it is one of the car that I couldnt deside whether I like it or not when I saw it for the first time. However now I like it more and more everytime I look at it again. It has nice similarities with the a5 but it stillkeeps its own personality. I could be more exciting but dont forget that it doesnt refer to a young or very open minded audience!
    www.myspace.com/djthanas
    www.myspace.com/fetameriganoi

But I want Audi's to be exciting and not normal looking... Let's hope the (R)S4 will look awesome again.
    Perhaps, but when have standard model Audis (particularly the A4) looked overly exciting? They've always had that understated elegant look, and I think this one is no exception. It's the S and RS models that truly shine.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

I kinda get the feeling with this car as I get with the 3 Series. It now looks like 'just' a car, like an ordinary Opel (Vauxhall) Astra or something. But I want Audi's to be exciting and not normal looking... Let's hope the (R)S4 will look awesome again.
    look at those lights and bumbers - looks like an S version already to me
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    look at those lights and bumbers - looks like an S version already to me
    The white car has the S-line sports pack.
    Visca Catalunya!

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    There are a few things that strike me about the car. First is that the 1.8T is back? what happened to the 2.0T? Then there's the use of single exhaust, even if completely unnecessary i liked that fact that they had it. Then there are the rear lights. Look at them closely and they resemble those of the 3-series coupe almost exactly...
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower View Post
    There are a few things that strike me about the car. First is that the 1.8T is back? what happened to the 2.0T? Then there's the use of single exhaust, even if completely unnecessary i liked that fact that they had it. Then there are the rear lights. Look at them closely and they resemble those of the 3-series coupe almost exactly...
    The 1.8T is a brand new 1798cc engine with direct fuel injection which bears no relation to the old 1781cc engine. It was first introduced in the A3 earlier this year. It doesn't substitute the 2.0T (which is quite a new engine too), but the 2.0 FSI and the old 1.8T, the former not having been very successful.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information