Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW 1-Series tii Concept 2007

BMW 1-Series tii Concept 2007

The BMW Concept 1 Series tii

Character:
    • Design study based on the BMW 1 Series Coupé with an uncompromising focus on motorsport.
    • BMW Concept 1 Series tii as a young interpretation of classic
    BMW brand values.
    • Implementation of specific requirements for motorsport ensured through the design of the car.
    • Design study following the tradition of BMW's compact, light and extremely
    sporting coupés. The characteristic features of models particularly
    successful in motorsport have gone straight into BMW Concept 1 Series tii.
    • BMW Concept 1 Series tii underlines the extremely sporting potential and the youthful, temperamental character of the BMW 1 Series. The design study raises the focus on pure driving pleasure already associated with the BMW 1 Series Coupé to an even higher standard.
    • As the fifth concept car presented by BMW in 2007 alone, BMW Concept 1 Series tii clearly demonstrates the exceptional bandwidth covered by
    the world's leading manufacturer of premium cars. Following the
    BMW M3 Concept Car, the BMW Concept CS and the BMW Concept X6/BMW Concept X6 ActiveHybrid, BMW Concept 1 Series tii stands
    out as a unique symbol of maximum driving pleasure also in the compact segment.

Exterior:
    • Through its unique, completely different design, BMW Concept 1 Series tii clearly emphasises its outstanding potential in driving dynamics.
    • Optimised aerodynamics on the body with individual, distinctive
    design of the front air dam, side-sills and rear air dam. Special gurney flaps generating additional downforce on the rear axle.
    • Further enhancement of agility and efficiency through consistent lightweight engineering using carbon components inter alia on the engine compartment lid, the mirror caps, and the inlays for the front air intakes
    at the side. Significant reduction of weight versus series production cars.
    • Sporting, accentuated, contrasting and, at the same time, typical BMW colour scheme on the exterior and interior. The body colour Alpine White is combined with the very dark carbon structure of the CFP elements, with further highlights added in Blue.
    • BMW Concept 1 Series tii takes up striking features of former motorsport models in many of its details: fins along the engine compartment
    lid to optimise the flow of air, contrasting colour scheme on the engine compartment lid, decal strips on the roof of the car and the rear lid in contrasting colour, visible, open towing fixture.

Interior:
    • Authentic interpretation of specific motorsport standards through the concept of the interior design as well as colours and material design.
    • Sports bucket seats with integrated headrests and side airbags,
    three-spoke sports steering wheel and gearshift knob with alcantara cover, model-specific door linings, door closing handles and armrest on the driver's side.
    • The contrasting colour scheme (Black, White, Blue) and the various functions and features derived from motorsport also characterise the interior of BMW Concept 1 Series tii.
    • The white rev counter highlights this instrument of particular significance in motorsport, the sports steering wheel with its white spokes and trim taking up the exterior colour scheme.
    • Use of dark alcantara on the door linings and the instrument panel prevents reflections and accentuates the driver-oriented design and configuration of the cockpit. Alcantara on the seats, the steering wheel rim and the gearshift knob optimises side support and, respectively, the driver's grip.
    • The newly developed structure tissue for the footwell accentuates the sporting and functional character of the interior.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMW 1 Series tii Concept #2

BMW 1 Series tii Concept #3

this is the first time i like the new 1 series coupè, the 3rd and 10th pictures are the best view of the car, even if it is a mixture of curved lines and straight ones. but in the 8th picture, it looks like the old 3 series compact, which was a little ugly...
    i need to see it in a real street, with other cars around it, but i'm pretty confident this time.
    still, even the audi s5 looks nice to me, but the a5 is too feeble, so if a car needs a sporter version to look cool, something wrong is in the air...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    It has the lines of a 90's JP sports car, or a mustang. I like it lots.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

the 02 evovlved into the 3 serie's , why not just badge one of those Tii
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Definitely a cool car. Wonder if they massaged the engine or not?

i think they used a tuned version of the 3.0 6-liter bi-turbo engine, but if this car will be as good as i hope to drive, it will kill the new M3, since i am still waiting for a positive review of it
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 10-24-2007 at 01:23 PM.

if only they called it 2002
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    if only they called it 2002
    Oh god yes!

I like the break calipers.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    It has the lines of a 90's JP sports car, or a mustang. I like it lots.
    I see what you mean, and I agree.

EDIT: I don't see anything about the powerplant. I hope it's a massaged version of the 330's NA magnisium I6!

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    I see what you mean, and I agree.

EDIT: I don't see anything about the powerplant. I hope it's a massaged version of the 330's NA magnisium I6!
    i guess the t stays for turbo...but i would perfer an NA engine !

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    TI stood for Turismo Internationale, I think first introduced by Alfa Romeo for the Giulietta Sedan.
    It is a styling exercise, and probably anything could be fitted in there, including the 335d engine....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i think they used a tuned version of the 3.0 6-liter bi-turbo engine, but if this car will be as good as i hope to drive, it will kill the new M3, since i am still waiting for a positive review of it
    BMW press release says nothing about engines, so everything you might heard is pure speculation.
    I really, really hope they do an high revving N/A 4 cylinder to revive the long lost spirit of the old BMW's like the E30 M3. In the past BMW has show the world they were able of doing decently reliable high revving engines like the japanese do. I hope they now manage to go against the current german escalade of power and weight. The present M3 is as heavy as the previous M5 and has more or less the same power. So it might make sense to make the 1 series with the same numbers has the old 3 series.
    EVO magazine has recently concluded that the E30 M3 Sport Evo was probably the most well sorted car the M division has ever built and said something like "it is great in a way that guys at M either forgot or chose to ignore". I hope they pay attention to that and decide to satisfy the market niche that loves more focused and pure driver's cars.

The Ti and Tii badges were first used on the BMW 2002. Neither of them was turbocharged, so...
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    The Ti and Tii badges were first used on the BMW 2002. Neither of them was turbocharged, so...
    no, the 1800 TI was the first BMW to use the TI badge.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information