Thread: Chrysler Town & Country Black Jack

Chrysler Town & Country Black Jack

(from Chrysler Press Release)

The Chrysler Town & Country Black Jack draws its inspiration from the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas - a dominant and enigmatic presence on the Strip. Massive, dark and simple in shape and design, the icon casts a shadow over the surrounding properties.

It sits on custom one-off 20-in. wheels with new bright finishes built by Alcoa Forged. They are tucked around a set of Brembo SRT brakes, matched with an adjusted ride height. Its stance is sophisticated, yet approachable. Covered in a custom Amber-Black Pearl paint, the hood features a ghosted “Black Jack” logo and pin stripe provided by Jim-Tech. Chrome accents complement the billet-style grill.

The exterior was designed to draw people to the stunning inside. LED lighting, provided by OSRAM-Sylvania Group, was crucial to the application of Las Vegas allure. To give it an “after hours lounge bar” setting and atmosphere of light and shade, the team created dual panoramic-style roof openings. After relocating the gas tank, light-sensitive “scintilla” provided by Sensitile was used. Constructed of 100 percent acrylic, Scintilla transforms the way in which the surface interacts with interior lighting. The scintilla actually illuminates the players’ “field.”

A leather- wrapped curved bench replaces the third-row seats. Providing “rat pack” and “rat rod” influence, the passenger seats are wrapped by Katzkin, and feature Vogl satin black leather, custom embroidery. Seat inserts feature perforated suede with silver backing and a suede headliner. The centered dealer’s seat required removal of the second-row pilot seats. The “black jack” table is constructed of light-weight carbon fiber. Creating seamless construction, it’s bolted to the translucent center mount that flows into the translucent floor. The adjustable lighting and table placement contribute to the players’ comfort.

Azentec and KICKER brought a “bada bing” to the interior. The entertainment system features two KICKER Audio 10-in. L7 sub woofers tied to a 1250-watt amplifier. Two pairs of 6-in. speakers and a four-channel 700-4 amplifier provide the “boom” factor. The rear-mounted 37-in. LCD flat screen and two 7-in. overhead monitors are connected to three hidden overhead digital cameras so there are “eyes” on the dealer’s and players’ hands. The Azentec head unit – the Atlas 1000 – serves as a high-powered laptop radio head unit. Windows XP provides adaptability and capability for wireless internet, Bluetooth, cell phone, navigation system and personal PC – putting the Black Jack on the forefront of in-car entertainment.

With QEK Integrated Fleet Services providing support during the Town & Country Black Jack build, this “slow roller” is sure to turn heads on the Strip.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Things like are the reason a) people think gearheads are stupid and b) people think Americans are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Things like are the reason a) people think gearheads are stupid and b) people think Americans are stupid.
    I am afraid this is the impression I also get from the SEMA exhibition.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

If you want a large TV screen then the bast place for it is inside the cabin for passengers.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

"Hey Kids, I'll take you to soccer practice in my gambaling-themed minivan! I'll drive and you can blackjack."

How retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    so true.... sad, but true
    May the downforce be with you

Thread Information