Thread: Racer X Design KC427 Concept

Racer X Design KC427 Concept

(from Racer X Design Press Release)

KC-427

A modern interpretation of the legendary Cobra 427, as seen by the Maltese designers at Racer X Design. This is the first time that Racer X Design is showing the sketches of the KC-427 to the public.

Designed to evoke the emotions of the classic cobra, the KC-427 concept captures the beautiful design of the original while adding a more brutal new age twist. The design is dramatic, modern yet with the same lines that made the original an icon, the KC does not try to hide the fact that its insight comes from the 60’s. It looks ready to chew the tarmac even in design phase.

The small dimensions together with a space frame chassis consent to build a car that weighs less than a ton, even with a 7.0L V8 motor as found on the new Corvette Z06. The result would be a car that has a power to weight ratio of around 550 bhp/ton.

The Concept car will be completed within a year, expect it to be a hit. A relatively small Company that builds one off cars for the single enthusiast, the Racer X design team is already known for both the GTV Evoluzione and the RCX, both of which won several awards both in design and construction.

This is also the first time that instead of building a one off, twenty KC-427’s are intended to be sold internationally. “We will start collecting information on who might be interested in this car. The first twenty people who show interest will be offered the opportunity to purchase the KC once the cars are ready and be updated regularly with the progress” said Reuben Zammit – Director and Head of design of Racer X.
    Specs:
    Engine = 7 Liter V8

Racer X Design KC427 Concept #1
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

As a reincartated Cobra this one looks a 1000 times better than Shelby's own Cobra reincarnation .

But it still doesn't stack up against the original

I agree with Duell with that its a league above Shelby's remake, but I also think that this one is damn gorgeous
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    The tiny doors look kind of silly, although probaby the most simple way to fit them in. I could do without the checkered flag decal, kind of gaudy in my opinion.
    .....likes NASCAR

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    As a reincartated Cobra this one looks a 1000 times better than Shelby's own Cobra reincarnation .

But it still doesn't stack up against the original
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen View Post
    The tiny doors look kind of silly, although probaby the most simple way to fit them in. I could do without the checkered flag decal, kind of gaudy in my opinion.
    Face it, you're not buying a Cobra-type car to be practical.

You would have bought a Civic if you wanted to be practical.

Thread Information