Thread: Audi TTS (8J) 2008-2014

Audi TTS (8J) 2008-2014

HIGH PERFORMANCE AUDI TTS DEBUTS IN DETROIT

272PS and standard magnetic ride system for the most performance-focused TT to date

* New even higher performance version of acclaimed TT sports car available in Coupé and Roadster body styles
    * Debuts at the North American International Auto Show on January 13 and is expected to open for UK order in mid-2008
    * Powered by an extensively modified version of the 2.0-litre Turbo FSI petrol engine delivering 272PS and peak torque of 350Nm between 2,500 and 5,000rpm
    * Coupé (manual) 0-62mph in 5.4 seconds, limited 155mph top speed, 29.7mpg, Roadster 0-62mph in 5.6 seconds, limited 155mph top speed, 29.3mpg
    * Suspension, steering and brakes revised to complement enhanced performance
    * Standard Audi magnetic ride adaptive damping system for optimum handling composure

The ‘S’ emblem that spells extraordinary performance in the Audi range graces the TT for the first time this month in a new, even more focused version of the iconic sports car debuting at the North American International Auto Show (January 19-27). Destined for the UK in mid-2008 in both Coupé and Roadster body styles, the TTS earns its esteemed badge through the adoption of a specially developed, 272PS Turbo FSI petrol engine complemented by state-of-the-art chassis technology.

Extensive revisions to the acclaimed 2.0-litre turbo charged and directly fuel injected petrol engine that already powers the TT have enabled its power to be boosted from 200PS to 272PS and its torque from 280Nm to 350Nm, available between 2,500 and 5,000rpm. Linked to six-speed, close ratio manual transmission the enhanced unit slingshots the TTS Coupé from rest to 62mph in just 5.2 seconds, and on the Autobahn is only curtailed by its electronic limiter at 155mph. With the optional S tronic dual-clutch automatic transmission acceleration times are reduced by a further two-tenths of a second in both the Coupé and Roadster.

In addition to the evocative ‘S’ insignia, the most extreme production TT to date highlights its capabilities from the front through newly designed bi-xenon headlamps incorporating trademark Audi LED strip daytime running lights, a redesigned front apron incorporating larger air intakes and aluminium-look door mirror housings. The profile view is enhanced by deeper side skirts and exclusive 18-inch alloy wheels, which can be swapped for 19-inch alternatives at extra cost, while at the rear a revised rear bumper with - for the first time in a TT – four tailpipes protruding from its extended diffuser subtly conveys the newcomer’s extra performance potential.

Inside, deep-set Alcantara and leather combination sports seats, exclusive ‘S’ instruments with white needles, metal pedals and special aluminium trim elements enhance the already very highly regarded sports interior.

Audi Space Frame (ASF)
    Streamlined by its revolutionary lightweight Audi Space Frame aluminium and steel hybrid body shell, and pinned to the road by a comprehensively modified, quattro four-wheel-drive-equipped chassis, the new TTS has been designed to maximise the TT’s inherent fun factor while retaining its safe, surefooted feel. Reworked power steering and enlarged brakes help the driver to profit fully from the exceptional performance, and to guarantee the highest degree of agility in all situations the space-age Audi magnetic ride adaptive damping system is fitted as standard.

The magnetic ride system’s sophisticated dampers are filled with a magnetorheological fluid containing minute magnetic particles that can be influenced by an electromagnetic field. By applying a voltage to the system’s electromagnets, the viscosity of the fluid is altered by the affected magnetic particles, increasing resistance to damper movement to iron out pitch and roll when necessary, and reducing resistance when ride comfort takes precedence.

The new sports model is not only notable as the first TT to become a member of the esteemed Audi ‘S quattro series’, which numbers extra special models such as the 450PS S8 quattro among its ranks. Significantly, it also debuts on the tenth anniversary of the TT, the Coupé version of which became an overnight sensation following its launch in 1998.

Picture caption
    Audi TT joins the ‘S-Club’- A new, even more focused version of the iconic TT sports car debuts at this month’s North American Auto Show (January 13-23). Destined for the UK in mid-2008 in both Coupé and Roadster body styles, the TTS is powered by a specially developed, 272PS Turbo FSI petrol engine complemented by state-of-the-art chassis technology.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Audi TTS #2

Audi TTS #3

Thats all i could find for now.

Yay!

Thanks.

272PS equates to how much horsepower? Also, any word if that's a duel-clutch transmission or regular tiptronic?

Eh, either way I'll have mine in white.

nothing will stop it from being a bald man's coupe but thats a damn good car.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    272PS equates to how much horsepower?
    About 270hp.

Also, any word if that's a duel-clutch transmission or regular tiptronic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    With the optional S tronic dual-clutch automatic transmission acceleration times are reduced by a further two-tenths of a second in both the Coupé and Roadster.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

So will this cut my hair even faster?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    So will this cut my hair even faster?
    Only the convertible.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

in fact they speeded up issuing the presspack as pictures leaked to the net some days ago. that fron bumper doesn't make it any good, they could've make it so much better looking at RS4 or even S3
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    in fact they speeded up issuing the presspack as pictures leaked to the net some days ago. that fron bumper doesn't make it any good, they could've make it so much better looking at RS4 or even S3
    I don't think that it's better looking than the RS4.

I think it's just as good looking as it though.

I really love the way the RS4 is styled.

Beautiful, it looks even better than the stock TT

272PS equates to how much horsepower?
    Well, PS is short for Pferde Staerke. Thats German for horsepower. So about 272.

Audi TTS #4
    Visca Catalunya!

Audi TTS #5
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information