Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Passat CC 2008-2016

Volkswagen Passat CC 2008-2016

COUPÉ STYLE IN A FOUR-DOOR BODY: THE NEW VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT CC

Volkswagen today unveiled the latest addition to its passenger car line-up at the North American International Auto Show – the elegant new Passat CC.

Drawing on the virtues of the Passat model the new four-seat CC model debuts not only a new look but also pioneering new comfort, safety and dynamic technologies.

Featuring the profile and subtly aggressive stance of a coupé yet benefiting from four doors and four individual seats with plentiful headroom the new Passat CC combines the virtues of desirability with practicality. The nose features elegantly contoured light units framing a set of sculpted airdams that mix aesthetic appeal with functionality. Integrated into the front of the vehicle are a set of sensors for Volkswagen’s Lane Assist and Park Assist systems.

Lane Assist is a safety system designed to guide the vehicle automatically should it sense that the car is inadvertently drifting out of the desired lane on a motorway. The system is switched off as soon as the indicators are engaged – the driver can override the system at any time. Park Assist, available on both the Tiguan and Touran models, allows the vehicle to guide itself into a parallel parking space with the help of sensors placed around the vehicle. Although the vehicle is responsible for steering inputs the driver retains control of the throttle and braking systems at all times. Both systems will be offered as an option on the new Passat CC.

The Passat CC’s contoured glasshouse incorporates a large, panoramic roof section measuring 750 mm in length and 1,120 mm in width, lending the interior a bright, airy feel. At the rear the bootlid blends into the rear window to allow a wide, practical opening. Intersecting the boot is a subtle aerodynamic wing framed by a pair of twin lens rear light units.

The new Passat CC measures 4,796 mm long and 1,856 mm wide – a gain of 31 mm in length over the standard Passat and 36 mm in width. Accordingly the rear track grows by 16 mm while the front track is widened by 11 mm. The sleek new profile accounts for a 50 mm reduction in the overall height of the vehicle.

The new look continues inside the vehicle. A new steering wheel featuring controls for the phone and entertainment systems sits behind new dials in the cowelled instrument pack. New finishes including the option of wood or aluminium are complemented by a subtle new ambient lighting system. Beneath the optional touchscreen satellite navigation system are revised controls for the climate control. The front seats can be specified with integrated heating systems for the winter and cooling systems for the summer – technology previously only available on the Phaeton. In the rear a set of sculpted individual seats are joined by a storage cubby between the two passengers.

Sharpened styling is joined by sharper dynamics. The new Passat CC features the option of Dynamic Drive Control or DDC. Offering three settings – comfort, normal and sport – the system acts not only on the damper units to firm up or soften the ride but also changes the characteristics of the electro-mechanical steering system to suit a more comfort- or sport-orientated driving style. Models without optional DDC adopt conventional damper units tuned to provide a sporty yet refined ride.

At the heart of the new Passat CC is a choice of three petrol and two diesel engines. The entry level petrol engine is a 1.8-litre TSI unit developing 160 PS and 184 lbs ft of torque linked to a choice of six-speed manual or the advanced new seven-speed DSG gearbox. The 1.8-litre TSI engine allows the Passat CC to sprint to 62 mph in 8.6 seconds before achieving a top speed of 137 mph.

The second petrol engine, the 2.0-litre TSI, raises power to 200 PS while torque peaks at 206 lbs ft. Despite its modest displacement the 2.0-litre engine in the Passat CC allows it to reach a maximum of 147 mph, the sprint to 62 mph from standstill takes just 7.9 seconds. The 2.0-litre TSI engine is available with a six-speed manual or automatic gearbox.

Topping the range is the potent 3.6-litre V6 FSI engine developing 300 PS and 223 lbs ft of torque channelled via 4MOTION four-wheel drive and a six-speed DSG gearbox. A top speed of 155 mph can be achieved while the Passat CC equipped with the 3.6-litre engine has the ability to sprint to 62 mph in 5.6 seconds.

Two new common rail diesel engines will also be offered in 140 PS and 170 PS guises linked to either six-speed manual or DSG gearboxes. The 140 PS model develops 236 lbs ft of torque and can achieve 62 mph in 9.8 seconds before reaching a top speed of 132 mph. The 170 PS diesel, which develops 258 lbs ft, cuts the 0 to 62 mph time to 8.6 seconds and raises the top speed to 140 mph.

The new Passat CC benefits from a comprehensive range of safety features including up to eight airbags and an advanced Electronic Stabilisation Programme (ESP).

Production of the new Passat CC commences at the Volkswagen Emden factory in the spring before UK sales start in late summer. Prices and specifications will be announced closer to launch.

(if someone has more or bigger pictures please contribute)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 01-13-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Very slick looking but at the same time not sure I see the point in it. I thought VW figured out a long time ago nobody wanted a premium priced Passat.

looks nice but back end reminds me of sebring

Too many styling cues from the CLS. Especially from the rear 3/4 view. Also the front looks like it's fat, and it comes across as akward to me.

I keep getting scenes of a Peugeot 607 trying to sweet-talk a Merc CLS in my head looking at a lot of these pics.

This car looks like ever car except a Volkswagen.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Let me illustrate:

This:

And this:

Plus this:

...Equals this?

I think this car is simply gorgeous.

While I find the CLS appealing I can't get excited by this.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    While I find the CLS appealing I can't get excited by this.
    Though i'm also a big CLS fan, this Passat is probably half the prices. And it look ten times better then the sedan or station.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Very slick looking but at the same time not sure I see the point in it. I thought VW figured out a long time ago nobody wanted a premium priced Passat.
    Oh they do, VW just have to put four rings on the front to sell it to folk who know no better...

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini View Post
    Oh they do, VW just have to put four rings on the front to sell it to folk who know no better...
    exactly...but now passat =/= audi A4. same can be said for phaeton vs bentley conti GT. Most of all the audi golf vs the VW A3...
    autozine.org

A CLS lookalike with Sebring taillights? I don't like it.
    Mercedes-Benz fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by s-d View Post
    A CLS lookalike with Sebring taillights? I don't like it.
    Exactly what I'm thinking. VW has no reason to move into this sector of the market unless it was a luxury car. And this is an entry luxury car, so it makes no sense whatsoever.

If Audi made something like this I wouldn't mind. Just not VW.

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Though i'm also a big CLS fan, this Passat is probably half the prices. And it look ten times better then the sedan or station.
    That is true. Perhaps it'd make more sense if this was the Passat saloon.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information