Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skoda Fabia Super 2000

Skoda Fabia Super 2000

Škoda Auto starts testing Fabia Super 2000 2/11/2008 Škoda Auto has started testing the first prototype of the Škoda Fabia Super 2000 today. Designed to be used in the Super 2000 category, the vehicle is based on the second-generation Fabia. In compliance with the FIA regulations, the vehicle is equipped with a two-litre atmospheric four-cylinder petrol engine, a six-speed sequential transmission and a four-wheel drive system with three mechanical differentials.

Commenting on the occasion, Dr. Eckhard Scholz, Škoda Auto Board Member responsible for technological development, said: "We are glad to have started testing the Fabia Super 2000. This year we are planning to optimise and certify the vehicle so that we can use it on both national and international levels. When exactly will the vehicle be released for competition use will depend on the achieved progress, relevant test results and the final certification. Then we are also planning to offer the vehicle to private teams. Based on a customer service arrangement, further development work on the vehicle will be done in close cooperation with our importers worldwide".

Martin Lauer, Head of Corporate Communications, adds: "The history of over hundred years of involvement in motorsport is unique, and we are proud to be able to continue the success story with the Fabia Super 2000. We believe that the vehicle will become a successful part of this tradition, because car racing is popular all over the world and offers great opportunities to promote our products".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Tests:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is there any need to produce a road version in order to homologate it for this series?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    Is there any need to produce a road version in order to homologate it for this series?
    nope, FIA only need it to be based on a commercial car.
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Shame that, but if they have some success they could always do something "special" to commemorate. And such car would boost the brands image which is always helpful in the ever more competitive car market!
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    - George Bernard Shaw

Well all rallies cars have to be legal for the road

Further, with the new rules they are trying to make it possibel for more drivers to compete at teh top level by producing a "cheaper" car. So these are goign to be much larger and "standard" production than current WRC efforts. Makes sense to sell them as cars so anyone can then sticker them as they wish
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Well all rallies cars have to be legal for the road

Further, with the new rules they are trying to make it possibel for more drivers to compete at teh top level by producing a "cheaper" car. So these are goign to be much larger and "standard" production than current WRC efforts. Makes sense to sell them as cars so anyone can then sticker them as they wish
    Still, I doubt your front wheel drive, torsion beamed, diesel powered, 5-speed manual Fabia has much to do with this...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Still, I doubt your front wheel drive, torsion beamed, diesel powered, 5-speed manual Fabia has much to do with this...
    Correct , but first the car it IS based on has to have sold 2500 to be homologated.
    Second, no nationally competing rally team would try to take a low-end version of any car
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

That would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    nope, FIA only need it to be based on a commercial car.
    FIA must (MUST!) change their rules!

Is it just me or do other people see the similarities between the New Skoda Fabia and the Suzuki Swift?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Is it just me or do other people see the similarities between the New Skoda Fabia and the Suzuki Swift?
    Don't you see the similarities between Opel Corsa and Renault Clio, for example? I think it's very common that cars turn out being kind of similar to other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Don't you see the similarities between Opel Corsa and Renault Clio, for example? I think it's very common that cars turn out being kind of similar to other ones.
    In this case though they are just too similar.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Exactly. the glasshouse design is almost identical.

I look at it as a Swift with a Facelift.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i like it. but given the similarities mentioned above, the swift is nicer
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information