Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spyker C8 Aileron Coupe 2009-2018

Spyker C8 Aileron Coupe 2009-2018

Spyker C8 Aileron Coupe

info see the UCP page
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyker C8 Aileron Coupe #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

I personally prefer the old nose, but the other changes seem to work well.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The design is almost a love it or hate it one...not much in between.

I see them in person every year at Amelia so I'm pretty used to it. For the person who wants something truly unique or if they're somewhat of an airplane enthusiast too...then it fits the bill.

It's difficult to design something really different these days htere are so many cars....you can see the struggle to be different in the new Nissan Maxima and Hyundai Genesis...they end up with odd styling features that seem to only serve the purpose of being different.

This is the version with automatic. Which makes it the lame one. The regular C8 Spider is awesome; like an Elise on 'roids.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    This is the version with automatic. Which makes it the lame one. The regular C8 Spider is awesome; like an Elise on 'roids.
    Including some extra fat

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Including some extra fat
    Not really. That car is almost all aluminum and leather. The C8's extra size and weight are inevitably required to deal with the car's massive power and speed.

It's also available with a manual, so that's that sorted.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Pics 3 and 4 in post 1, I quite like that angle of the car.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Spykers look so weird and I feel like I should think they are ugly but I don't. I just don't. I wouldn't buy one but they are definetely something different.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Spykers look so weird and I feel like I should think they are ugly but I don't. I just don't. I wouldn't buy one but they are definitely something different.
    I'm with you on that.
    But i do think that being different is also a good selling point. You wouldn't want to spend allot of money on a car, and still have a car that looks like a "normal" Corvette or Porsche. Otherwise you should buy a Porsche which would probably be better in any other way. Although the engine sound of a Spyker is a real treat.

Not really. That car is almost all aluminum and leather. The C8's extra size and weight are inevitably required to deal with the car's massive power and speed.
    Bullshit ! Extra weight is not neccesarily needed to cope with extra power. Using advanced techniques and materials weight can be easily kept down. However it is very difficult for us engineers to make a compromise between costs and materials/techniques used. But if they wanted, it was possible. So in the end it comes down to some extra weight, but as said, it is not needed

i like it but i prefer the looks of the older more rounded and smoother snose

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Bullshit ! Extra weight is not neccesarily needed to cope with extra power. Using advanced techniques and materials weight can be easily kept down. However it is very difficult for us engineers to make a compromise between costs and materials/techniques used. But if they wanted, it was possible. So in the end it comes down to some extra weight, but as said, it is not needed
    It totally is. Spyker uses some of the most advanced techniques for using aluminum in the car industry, but all the technology in the world doesn't change the fact that in order for a car to remain stable and have grip at 200+ mph you're going to need a larger car than an Elise and that does add weight. Plus in order for a car to be able to accommodate a 400hp to 600hp engine you're going to need a lot of structural strength and rigidity which also adds weight. The fact is the C8 Spyder feels like a much faster Elise with reinforcements to accommodate the extra power and speed, and even with those reinforcements the car feels very light and maneuverable.

It totally is. Spyker uses some of the most advanced techniques for using aluminum in the car industry, but all the technology in the world doesn't change the fact that in order for a car to remain stable and have grip at 200+ mph you're going to need a larger car than an Elise and that does add weight.
    A good aerodynamic design can make a lot of difference. The compact size of the Elise does not really help, but with careful testing a lot can be achieved. The Spyker doesnt make it to 200mph anyway.

Plus in order for a car to be able to accommodate a 400hp to 600hp engine you're going to need a lot of structural strength and rigidity which also adds weight.
    True but careful engineering can reduce weight. Plus why would you need such a large engine in the first place ?

The fact is the C8 Spyder feels like a much faster Elise with reinforcements to accommodate the extra power and speed, and even with those reinforcements the car feels very light and maneuverable.
    Got experience ???

Thread Information