Thread: Epsilon Euskadi EE1-LMP1

Epsilon Euskadi EE1-LMP1

Epsilon Euskadi EE1-LMP1

Sergio Rinland, Technical Director Le Mans Project

Sergio is one of the best race car engineers of the world and took over the Le Mans prototype development quickly after he joined Epsilon Euskadi as Technical Director. He´s been working in the best Formula 1 teams with escalating positions in technical responsibilities. Williams, Brabham, Benetton and lately as Chief Designer in Sauber and Arrows F1 he has shown his charisma and developed respect and admiration from the team members and close collaborators.

Passionate by his work, he is very enthusiastic about the Le Mans challenging project from Epsilon Euskadi. Comparable with Formula 1, the Le Mans prototypes are the perfect and only available field for a race car engineer to deploy all the creativity and innovation spirit to develop a top race car. Sergio´s goal is to develop this new prototype, the Epsilon ee1 LMP1 into a podium fighter of the LMP1 category .

He counts on a selected group of prestigious professionals and the ex-students of the master METCA that have been working on this project since the beginning. The METCA is a unique theory/practical postgraduate course lectured at Epsilon that has show after three years to deliver extraordinary young race engineers.

EPSILON EUSKADI===JOAN VILLADELPRAT & SERGIO RINLAND & JORDI CATON==AZKOITIA (43º 10' 22'' N - 2º 19' 26'' W)

Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carreragt10; 04-17-2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Epsilon Euskadi EE1-LMP1 #02

Epsilon Euskadi ee1 Judd

The following concepts represent the basic philosophy for endurance racing car design, which the Technical Department has followed in the conception of the ee1 LMP1 design.

This is a customer LMP sports car, designed for maximum performance, ease of use and maintenance, maximum reliability. The number of parts will be kept to a minimum by making use of multifunction or adjustable components. When designing components, careful consideration has been made into the method of manufacture, materials and design to reduce the overall weight of the car. All components have been designed and manufactured to the highest quality using companies with a proven track record in motor sport or the aerospace industry.

The chassis ergonomics have been laid out to accept the tallest drivers while sufficient adjustment designed in to pedals and steering to compensate for smaller drivers. The survival cell dimension will be min 1830mm. This is the dimension from the front of the monocoque to the rear of the cockpit opening.

The ee1-LMP1 is very stiff. All stiffness criteria have been met in full. The target wheel-to-wheel stiffness was 11,000 Nm/degree and the monocoque 75,000 Nm/degree.

Attention has been paid to keep the centre of gravity low. To do this the car has been designed as light as possible so that up to 80Kg of ballast can be carried under the chassis. This will provide a change in weight distribution of ±4% and to maintain the 900Kg min weight of car without driver. The car design will take into account being run has a LMP2 with a min weight of 825Kg without driver.

The ee1-LMP1 has been design with a push rod suspension system front and rear with attention being paid to the low position of the spring damper unit layout, to take advantage of the increase in mechanical grip resulting from the lower centre of gravity.

The wind tunnel is being used to simulate the aerodynamic requirements of the car on different types of track. The base line for the development of the EE-LMP1 has been modelled around the current Le Mans Prototype rules. The necessary changes will be incorporated in the design to achieve the simulation targets. The testing is being conducted at the Aerolab wind tunnels in Italy, with a 40% model of the car. A comprehensive CFD program is being run in parallel to the wind tunnel testing.

This car is a ''state of the art'' customer car created through good design, attention to detail and sound engineering principles.

2008 Epsilon Euskadi ee1 Judd - Images, Specifications and Information
    Last edited by carreragt10; 04-18-2008 at 03:37 PM.
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Epsilon Euskadi EE1-LMP1 #03

Epsilon Euskadi EE1-LMP1 #04

Ver slick, probably one of the best looking of this year's endurance lineup with it's roof line and slim nose. The aerodynmaic design is clean and innovative. However, i'm I think it is like most of adrian newey's design car....fragile. After all, this is endurance racing.

I think what it lacks is factory support to be able to compete with the diesel boys. But I definately like to see it run well, as least against the Lola Astin Martin cars.

carreragt10, nice photos. Looking forward for more under the body shoots and front end with the body taken off. The 08 WR is very interesing design too, hope you can post something like that.

I think this is the best looking of the coupes so far.

wow, that third pic reminded me of the Caparo T1. Is it the only closed cockpit car in its class? Sorry for my lack of motor sport knowledge.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

epsilon eskaudi is in fact a research racing team closely collaborating with spanish engineering university. in 2005 Robert Kubica gave championship title in World Series by Renault to the team
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    I think this is the best looking of the coupes so far.
    also the slowest....

I like the Lola the best...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I'm a newby and very interested in the Epsilon Euskadi.

SOBill

Thread Information