Thread: AC Schnitzer ACS6 LCI (E63)

AC Schnitzer ACS6 LCI (E63)

Press Release No. 05/2008
    Page 1/1 April 2008
    Crisper Proportions for Even More 6 Appeal
    Michele Viandante restyles the ACS6 - now also a powerful diesel More aggressive, more attractive: With its latest facelift, BMW has made its successful 6-series coupé a little more dynamic. Everyone who thinks this measure does not go far enough will welcome the newly restyled aerodynamic components from AC Schnitzer. Like its predecessor, the new front skirt of the ACS6 mirrors the famous kidney design of the grille, but its proportions have been clearly sharpened by Head Designer Michele Viandante. In conjunction with the newstyle triangular fog lights from BMW, the car looks considerably more powerful. This impression is reinforced at the restyled rear, where an AC Schnitzer rear spoiler enhances the new design of the tailgate with its dynamic "sharp creases“ and the integral brake light. The Aachen-based vehicle tuner has made the rear skirt slightly smoother than before, which in conjunction with the facelift rear lights make the vehicle appear not only more elegant but also more dynamic - an effect only enhanced by the AC Schnitzer sports rear silencer with chromed tailpipe. Made totally from stainless steel, this is not only an eyecatcher but also optimises engine response. A touch of sophistication is given by the AC Schnitzer new side skirts which now also look flatter than before. In contrast, the power and torque curves of the uprated engines are anything but flat! This is especially true of the new diesel, which is available in the 6-series for the first time in the facelift model. AC Schnitzer has really turned up the power screw in the 635d in particular: instead of 210 kW/286 HP and 580 Nm, the ACS6 3.5d develops 228 kW/310 HP and 680 Nm. For genuine petrol-heads, AC Schnitzer offers the 650i with the 5.1 l engine, which in technical terms is almost a completely new engine. Its power rises from 270 kW (367 HP) to a superb 302 kW (411 HP). At the same time, driving performance improves: the top speed increases by 35 km/h. Trimmed with alloy wheels from the AC Schnitzer collection, the new 6-series coupé cuts a fine figure even when stationary, especially with the breathtaking racing rims Type VI in 9.0J x 20" at the front and 10J x 20" at the rear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

3.5d apperantly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

That front doesn't work for me. It looks like the car has a clef palate.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Thread Information