Thread: I.DE.A Era Barchetta Concept

I.DE.A Era Barchetta Concept

I.DE.A Era Barchetta Concept

IDEA Institute presents its new show car - ERA

On the occasion of its 30th anniversary, IDEA Institute presents a new show car. ERA reflects the true essence of classic Italian car styling, taking Design back to its origins, to the instinctive drawing of shapes for beauty’s sake.

Turin, Italy. May 15 2008.

Important occasions such as its 30th year of activity, the planned opening of a new IDEA Institute facility in Brazil and Turin’s year as World Design Capital, have prompted IDEA Institute to present ERA at the forthcoming Automotive News Europe Congress in Turin.

ERA will be presented at the Company’s headquarters on Thursday May 15, just before its official debut at the Automotive News Europe Congress on May 19 and 20.

ERA, the first in a series of models, represents a renewed IDEA Institute. The car is the fruit of the work of a team of young designers who apply their expertise to car styling projects as well as to the design of motorcycles and a wide range of industrial products. A highly skilled team of model and show car builders transformed the Designers’ renderings into a high quality show car.

ERA – passion, emotion and sheer beauty.

I.DE.A Institute’s new show car ERA is a roadster designed for pure driving pleasure through the instinctive pencil strokes of the designer on a blank page. Its smooth curves come to life from taut yet harmonious lines which give the car its elegant yet powerful appearance. Its simple interior, composed of a visible tubular structure, expresses the car’s pure essential nature typical to sports cars.

IDEA Institute: 30 years of events, evolution and transformation.

Founded in 1978 as a family-run company by Franco Mantegazza, IDEA Institute has transferred from its original operating centres in Moncalieri to a 12,000 square metre facility in Turin and has added three branches in Europe and Asia. Over the years such great names as Renzo Piano, Walter de Silva and Ercole Spada have cooperated with IDEA Institute.

On the occasion of its 30th anniversary, IDEA Institute has begun a renewal process aimed at further building the company to develop even more successful projects in an ever more dynamic way for its international customers:

• the Design Center is expanding and is equipped with state of the art tools to work closely with customers on the styling of their new vehicle models as well as on IDEA Institute’s own show and concept cars for future Motor Shows.

• Design to Cost activities will grow both on domestic and international markets along with IDEA Institute’s long-standing capabilities in low cost vehicles.

• A renewed image and a new brand identity for the Design Center will be introduced.

During its 30 years’ of activity, IDEA Institute has worked with the world’s major vehicle manufacturers providing Design, Engineering and Prototyping services as well as complete turn-key projects. In addition to its Headquarters in Turin, the company has built up an international network with facilities in China (Shanghai), France (Paris) and Rumania (Pitesti), with an engineering team based in India and the planned branch in Brazil.

Since 2000, IDEA Institute has been part of the Swiss multi-national Rieter Group with its headquarters in Winterthur, Switzerland, around 15,500 employees worldwide and 2007 sales of 3.93 billion Swiss Francs.
    Technical specifications foreseen for ERA:

• Dimensions:
    Length : 4300 mm
    Width : 1840 mm
    Height : 920 mm
    Wheelbase : 2560 mm

• Existing monocoque chassis M2 segment

• Front engine 4/6 cylinders with 2 possible solutions:
    Transverse engine for front-wheel drive version
    Longitudinal engine for rear -wheel drive version

• Possible horsepower up to 300 HP

• Gearbox : manual/sequential 5/6 gears.

• Fuel tank in central position

• Passengers : 2 seats

• Suspension:

Front : independent in wheel double triangle
    Rear : independent in wheel double square

• Power-assisted ventilated front/rear discs

• Alloy Wheels (front/rear) : 19 * 8,5

• Tyres : 245/40 R19
    • Kerb weight : from 1500 to 2000 Kg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ecnelis; 05-19-2008 at 04:50 AM.

I.DE.A Era Barchetta Concept #2

Hi-res please.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ecnelis; 05-19-2008 at 04:53 AM.

I like the design, the best feature I like is how the driver's head has a dual function, first it to make the car go over and the second to act as a roll over bar
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Thread Information