Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru Impreza WRC 2008

Subaru Impreza WRC 2008

First images released of the new car - 8 Days to go!

Impreza WRC2008 to launch in Greece

The Subaru World Rally Team and STi are pleased to announce the launch date of the Impreza WRC2008. The most radically different Subaru World Rally Car in 15 years, the WRC2008 is ready to make its debut on the seventh round of this year’s World Rally Championship, the Acropolis Rally of Greece, from 29 May – 1 June.

The event will be marked by an official launch in Greece on the evening of Wednesday 28 May, prior to the start of the rally.

The new car is based on the latest road going Subaru Impreza which was introduced in June 2007. Although featuring radically new styling the Impreza WRC2008 retains the well proven Subaru horizontally-opposed turbocharged engine combined with Symmetrical All Wheel Drive. The WRC2008 will also sport a dramatic new livery created around the Subaru corporate identity but at the same time preserving the iconic blue identity familiar to rally fans worldwide.

“We are very excited to be able to launch the all-new Impreza WRC2008 ahead of schedule” said David Richards, Subaru World Rally Team principal. “It is testament to the dedication and commitment of the team behind the scenes in the UK and at STi in Japan. Just as the latest Impreza road car represents a new era for Subaru so the WRC2008 represents a new era for all of us at the Subaru World Rally Team and I am confident that we will arrive in Greece able to fight competitively.”

The team’s objective has always been to launch the WRC2008 as soon as the testing confirmed that good steps forward in overall performance had been made. We are confident that introducing the car in Greece will enable the team to be highly competitive in the second half of the season and give Petter and Chris the best opportunity to win in 2008.

A new area of the team’s website has been launched to coincide with the official unveiling, counting down to the actual launch and heralding the team’s new era whilst celebrating the Impreza’s remarkable heritage at the forefront of world rallying. At the time of the official launch on 28 May, the site will be updated with more information on the WRC2008 including facts & figures and interviews with key team personnel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Someone can move this to the Hideout if they want, I'll be posting up more images when they become available.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Now that I'm finally getting over that previous WRXes looked so freaking cool, this car is ok looking, just nothing compared to the previous.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Now that I'm finally getting over that previous WRXes looked so freaking cool, this car is ok looking, just nothing compared to the previous.
    i prefer this Impreza compared to the older, it doesn't seem so cheap in the normal version. the old impreza sedan in 1.6 and 2.0 versions (especially the first gens) were simply awful.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i prefer this Impreza compared to the older, it doesn't seem so cheap in the normal version. the old impreza sedan in 1.6 and 2.0 versions (especially the first gens) were simply awful.
    Are you serious? The previous generation STI is so much better looking.

I like it! Wouldn't mind if they made a similar kit available for the STi.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I really like it. I think its a real good looking car.

its a good looking car, but it isn't an impreza anymore... I hate the designers at Subaru now. Now its a combination of the subaru wrc 2007 and the ford focus wrc...

It'll be interesting to see how it gets on with WRC - I think it is likely to be a real contender, as long as Prodrive can iron out the old Mechanical and handling problems, plus with the new STi, smaller length but a wider track, so handling is improved immediately. I think it will be a real contender and for one, cant wait until it hits the roads of Greece on the 29th.

I hope it'll bring back the days the Imprezas dominated the WRC scene...
    I'm definatly joining on the anticipation of watching it perform in greece.
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Maybe the be the best looking one yet, but I am no great fan TBH.

Looks pretty sedated except for the big wing.

How's the WRC doing these days anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Are you serious? The previous generation STI is so much better looking.
    i was referring the standard versions of the impreza, not the STi, but, yes, i do prefer this even in the STi edition.

but i have to say this WRC looks very similar to the Focus WRC in the rear part, while the whole car doesn't seem so "racing" as some years ago.
    the WRC needs this car to be successful, Subaru is messing the big score since a lot of time, and Citroen had a too much "easy life" against Peugeot and now Ford. more contenders for the championship!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

If Prodrive can come up with a way to handle the current mechanical problems they are facing, I think this can be very competitive. It might be for 2009 though...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Looks pretty sedated except for the big wing.

How's the WRC doing these days anyway?

Pretty poor.

BP Ford with 71 Points
    Citroen with 64 Points
    Subaru with 42 Points
    Stobart VK-Ford with 34 points
    Munchi's Ford with 16 points
    Suzuli WRT with 7 points

Thread Information