Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosenbauer LF 20/16 (Mercedes Benz Atego)

Rosenbauer LF 20/16 (Mercedes Benz Atego)

Rosenbauer LF 20/16

The Rosenbauer LF 20/16 is based on the Mercedes Benz 1325 AF Atego 4x4 or 4x2. The engine produces 180Kw (245 bhp), but more power is possible. The Rosenbauer LF 20/16 can be equipped with a watertank up to 2000 litres. The Rosenbauer N 30 pump can handle up to 3000 l/min (at a pressure of 10 bar). When fully loaded, the truck weighs a modest 14.000 kilograms.

Welcome to ROSENBAUER - World Class Technology

Rosenbauer LF 20/16 #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Rosenbauer LF 20/16

The Rosenbauer LF 20/16 is based on the Mercedes Benz 1325 AF Atego 4x4 or 4x2. The engine produces 180Kw (245 bhp), but more power is possible. The Rosenbauer LF 20/16 can be equipped with a watertank up to 2000 litres. The Rosenbauer N 30 pump can handle up to 3000 l/min (at a pressure of 10 bar). When fully loaded, the truck weighs a modest 14.000 kilograms.

Welcome to ROSENBAUER - World Class Technology

Rosenbauer LF 20/16 #1
    How long does the watertank last?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    3000/2000 = 1.5 mins at maximum capacity. Im guessing they dont run it like that often though..

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    3000/2000 = 1.5 mins at maximum capacity. Im guessing they dont run it like that often though..
    that was exactly my thoughts, so I asked...

If it can shoot 3000 litres a minute, and has a 2000 litre water tank, isn''t it 2000/3000, 40 seconds?

It is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    If it can shoot 3000 litres a minute, and has a 2000 litre water tank, isn''t it 2000/3000, 40 seconds?

It is.
    again...it's quite obvious, but just because that is its maximum power, it doesn't mean that they actually use it at that level. otherwise they would need to change a truck every minute, and that's ridiculous.

The Rosenbauer N 30 pump can handle up to 3000 l/min (at a pressure of 10 bar)
    just because the pump can handle that scope, it doesn't mean the hose can too. maybe yes, but again, they would use the whole tank in a rush.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 06-10-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Which wheels would the truck be driving if it's a 4x2?

Trucks are awesome.

Firetrucks are even more awesome.

Depends on what kind of hose you use. In Europe it is normal to use a high pressure hose, that uses around 125 l/min per hose. A normal fire truck is equipped with two of these hoses, so around 250 l/min. Then there are low pressure hoses, that have a capacity of around 2800 l/min. Again we are talking about two hoses. However, a pump is only allowed to use two hoses (this is to make sure that the pump operator only needs to monitor two, else it is too dangerous)

It's also normal that two of the crew are responsible for creating a 'waterline', so that there is always enough water. So when necessary, the pump can pump the 3000 l/min and wont run out of water after 40 seconds.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Which wheels would the truck be driving if it's a 4x2?
    I'm guessing the rear wheels, but I ain't sure about that.

It's also normal that two of the crew are responsible for creating a 'waterline', so that there is always enough water. So when necessary, the pump can pump the 3000 l/min and wont run out of water after 40 seconds.
    how does it work this "waterline"? thanks for the explanations.

how does it work this "waterline"? thanks for the explanations.
    It's a line of hoses from a fire hydrant up to the fire truck were the water is pumped through the hoses. It's a safety measure because you don't ever want to run out of water when you have people (fire fighters or victims) in a burning building. Sometimes when a fire is too big for one fire truck and you need the entire crew for the actual rescue action, a fire is 'scaled up'. In the Netherlands you have various categories: fire, middle fire, big fire and very big fire. After that you get so called 'GRIP' codes. These are called out when more than one 'fire house' is needed.

interesting post!
    i remember just recently when the fire brigade was at my back yard i was talking to the fireman; he said it was the last of two firetrucks bought from the US still in use (they're shit, apparently). same model they used at 9/11 (literally the reason why the politicians bought them)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    interesting post!
    i remember just recently when the fire brigade was at my back yard i was talking to the fireman; he said it was the last of two firetrucks bought from the US still in use (they're shit, apparently). same model they used at 9/11 (literally the reason why the politicians bought them)
    There are just a lot of differences between fire trucks around the entire world. Guessing that the fire truck you mentioned is around 15 to 20 years old will be a big reason that the truck doesn't reach modern standards. As for the Netherlands (and most European countries) there is a basic rule: a fire truck operating in a professional fire department needs to be replaced after 10 years, in a voluntary fire department after 15 years. This rule is for almost every type of fire trucks (there are a LOT of different vehicles), there are some small exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    interesting post!
    I've heard of stories where firemen have been saved from falling debris because they took cover under their firetrucks.

Maybe they really were old/running out of spare parts.

There are just a lot of differences between fire trucks around the entire world. Guessing that the fire truck you mentioned is around 15 to 20 years old will be a big reason that the truck doesn't reach modern standards. As for the Netherlands (and most European countries) there is a basic rule: a fire truck operating in a professional fire department needs to be replaced after 10 years, in a voluntary fire department after 15 years. This rule is for almost every type of fire trucks (there are a LOT of different vehicles), there are some small exceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I've heard of stories where firemen have been saved from falling debris because they took cover under their firetrucks.

Maybe they really were old/running out of spare parts.
    they aren't that old; the complaints from the firemen was that it was unwieldy and too big for 90% of the situations they get called out to.
    also guzzled fuel apparently, the guy said it was somthing ridiculous like a 8L V6 or something huge, don't remember exactly.
    being replaced by mercede's trucks i believe
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information