Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Corvette (C6) ZR1 2007-2013

Chevrolet Corvette (C6) ZR1 2007-2013

Corvette ZR1 By The Numbers

DETROIT – The official Corvette ZR1 numbers are in and they're good. Very good:

$103,300 MSRP (including $850 destination charge)
    EPA-estimated fuel economy of 14 city and 20 highway
    0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds
    0-100 mph in 7.0 seconds
    Quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.3 seconds at 131 mph
    The Corvette ZR1 also has a top speed of 205 mph (330 km/h), making it the fastest Corvette ever produced and ranking it among the global super cars of commensurate performance. None of those other super cars, however, equals the ZR1's performance-per-dollar ratio.

"The ZR1 is an incredible machine by any measure," said Ed Peper, North American Vice President, Chevrolet. "There's simply no other vehicle in the world that does a better job of balancing performance, price and fuel economy."

Performance perspective
    The Corvette ZR1's 0-60 performance is 0.3-second quicker than the already-quick Corvette Z06 and the 0-100-mph performance is nearly a full second quicker - 7 seconds vs. the Z06's 7.9 seconds. It is performance that is equal to or better than many super cars costing substantially more.

"A favorable power-to-weight ratio gives the ZR1 an advantage over the competition and performance that has to be experienced to fully appreciate," said Tom Wallace, Corvette chief engineer. "Of course, on a racetrack, drivers of competitors' cars may appreciate the ZR1 in a whole different manner."

And the racetrack isn't the only place where the ZR1 trumps its super-car competitors – it beats them at the gas pump, too. According to fueleconomy.gov, the ZR1's EPA-rated 14 city and 20 highway mileage ratings beat 2008 competitors such as the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano (11 city / 15 highway); the Lamborghini Murcielago (8 city / 13 highway) and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage (12 city / 19 highway). They're competitive with the Dodge Viper (13 city / 22 highway) and the Porsche 911 GT3 (15 city / 22 highway).

Under the carbon-fiber hood
    A new LS9 6.2L supercharged small-block engine powers the ZR1's performance capability. Heavy-duty and lightweight reciprocating components support high-rpm performance, while a new, sixth-generation supercharger (and complementing charge-cooling system) helps the LS9 make big power and torque across the rpm range. The engine is hand-assembled at GM's Performance Build Center, in Wixom, Mich.

In addition to the LS9 engine, the ZR1 is a technology powerhouse, designed with lightweight and unique components that reinforce its performance with a confidant feel on either a highway or road course.

Options
    The standard ZR1 comes with accoutrements based on the Z06, including lightweight seats and lightweight content. The available uplevel interior package includes power-adjustable, heated and leather-trimmed sport seats (embroidered with the ZR1 logo); side air bags; Bose premium audio system; navigation system; Bluetooth connectivity; power telescoping steering column; custom leather-wrapped interior available in four colors and more. Chrome wheels are the only other available option on the ZR1. Detailed pricing noted below.

$103,300 Base MSRP including destination
    $1,700 Gas guzzler tax
    $10,000 Option package
    $2,000 Chrome wheels
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 #2

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 #3

Surely they could have picked a better colour for the car for media shots.. it doesnt force the cars lines or menace at you.. Pitty.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 #4

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 #5

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 #6

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 #7

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 #8

Nice ... and love the colour ... another compnay copying the Alpine blue from the 70s
    So it's on the = side of 'win' for me already.

However, very let down by the interior [again!]
    Looks like a kit car with different switch styles - look at the satnav/display versus the aircon/temperature versus the side dash mounts. None match !! Not what you expect for the money. And all those chrome trimmed holes cut in the central console . NEARLY was good Hope it's substantial materials or TG will have a field day :0
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Great numbers, Great technlogy and for a great price, th thing that trows me off is the image, to many bits atached, that window on the hood is ridiculous and the inside is still the same, no matter how many times they change the materials in there.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

i like this car alot, but there is some ways in which the Z06 looks better imo - the ZR1 looks..longer somehow? narrower? not sure
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I think it's the extended front splitter that gives it the look.
    I'm undecided between nice racing heritage/look and japanese rice add-on
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Surely they could have picked a better colour for the car for media shots.. it doesnt force the cars lines or menace at you.. Pitty.
    Well, wasn't it called the 'Blue Devil' during its testing days, was it? That would explain something I guess...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

the hood hole looks ridiculous

Thread Information