Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opel-Vauxhall Vectra (B) 1995-2002

Opel-Vauxhall Vectra (B) 1995-2002

Opel Vectra #1

The second model, the Vectra B, replaced the Vectra A and Vauxhall Cavalier Mark III . It was introduced in 1995, and the model range included an estate version for the first time. The Vauxhall badged Vectra B was the last Vauxhall to be produced at the company's Luton plant, where the end of automobile production was announced at Christmas 2000, taking effect just over a year later.

The model was badged as the Holden Vectra in Australia and New Zealand. In 1998, Holden began assembly of the Vectra for export to other right-hand drive markets in the region, although this was adversely affected by the Asian economic crisis, and ended in 2001.

Engines started from the 71 PS (52 kW) 1.6 L, Family 1 but eventually the 8-valve engines were all replaced by 16-valve powerplants. The 2.0 L Family II engine, with 136 PS (100 kW) was developed as a basis for touring car racing (later in Australia, 2.2 L 108 kW), but the top of the line was a 2.5 L V6 with 170 PS (125 kW). Diesel power came once again from Isuzu, with 1.7 L 82 PS, also 2.0 L Ecotec with 82 PS or 101 PS and 2.2 L Ecotec with 125 PS.

In 1999 the Vectra was updated, receiving a mildly modified body (that can be identified by the single piece headlight units and body-coloured bumpers) together with somewhat improved handling characteristics and better equipment.

Sporting limited edition models included the touring car championship inspired i500, Super Touring and GSi. The first model was developed in Germany by Opel Motorsport, with the V6 engine's power increased to 195 PS (143 kW), and the other two were created in Milton Keynes by Motor Sport Developments, the team that run the Vectras in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). Only 3900 2.5 GSi models were ever produced, mostly in saloon and hatchback guise. With only 317 estate versions produced during this time, they became one of the rarest production Vauxhalls ever.

On model years 2001 and 2002 a last of the line 2.6 GSi was made also but these were limited to 500 cars. These were again mostly saloons and hatchbacks however 37 estates were made. These models received a host of extra upgrades including but not limited to Xenon headlights and larger front brakes.

A related model sold in North America was the Saturn L-Series, introduced in 2000 but dropped from the lineup in 2005. It was replaced by the 2007 Saturn Aura, which was built around GM's Epsilon architecture, as the Vectra C is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 07-27-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Opel Vectra #2

Vauxhall Vectra Touring Car #4
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

In about five years it will be possible to import one of these to the USA. Would it be easy to get parts and service considering the car is a member of the GM family?

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    In about five years it will be possible to import one of these to the USA. Would it be easy to get parts and service considering the car is a member of the GM family?
    Probably not, as they weren't really sold here in any other forms.

Maybe you can consider the Cadillac Catera, that was pretty much a rebadged Opel Omega.

Cadillac Catera - Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Probably not, as they weren't really sold here in any other forms.

Maybe you can consider the Cadillac Catera, that was pretty much a rebadged Opel Omega.

Cadillac Catera - Wikipedia
    I do like the Catera especially being RWD, came during a time of Cadillac when most of their cars were FWD.

The Opel Insignia, sold here as a Buick Regal, can be purchased in the States already with no legal chicanery. The Astra was also sold here as a Saturn if you're looking to get into one of the General's European options.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    In about 5 years time these will be completely be eradicated.
    You can now already buy a nice one for less than 1.000 euro here.

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    In about 5 years time these will be completely be eradicated.
    You can now already buy a nice one for less than 1.000 euro here.
    I wish we could buy them now, but USA is pretty strict on the must be 25 years or older for import cars not sold in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The Opel Insignia, sold here as a Buick Regal, can be purchased in the States already with no legal chicanery. The Astra was also sold here as a Saturn if you're looking to get into one of the General's European options.
    Why would anyone actually want to do that?
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Personally? I don't know.

Trailbreaker has shown affinity for G, N, and W-bodies in the past, so he seems to have a kink for the General's less-loved merchandise.

Trailbreaker has shown affinity for G, N, and W-bodies in the past, so he seems to have a kink for the General's less-loved merchandise.
    Perhaps it is just the sense of irony?

I mean, I love the Chrysler Cordoba, but only because it brings sarcasm into the mix.
    Visca Catalunya!

Different strokes for different folks man, someone's wife may be really ugly, but she was pretty enough to be someone's wife... so there you go.

No, I promise I am not that shallow in real life.

Perhaps it is just the sense of irony?

I mean, I love the Chrysler Cordoba, but only because it brings sarcasm into the mix.
    Yes, but the Chrysler Cordoba is a genuine triumph of our automotive age.

Oh yeah, I definitely love the cars that people didn't care for that much. Might be the hipster in me to like things people don't. Hahahaha.

Getting a Vauxhall Cavalier, Vauxhall Vectra, or even a RHD Ford Sierra or Ford Cortina would be pretty unique over here in the States.

Thread Information