Thread: Bentley Continental R 1991-2002

Bentley Continental R 1991-2002

Bentley Continental R
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Bentley Continental R #1
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Bentley Continental R #2

thank you !! thank you!! very much Matt you just impressed the hell out of me...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Bentley Continental R
    The grand tourer par excellence, with a sporting, cockpit-like interior that nonetheless accomodates four in great comfort. The turbocharged and intercooled engine, providing 385bhp and 553lbft of torque, gives this long-striding coupe true continent-covering ability. The 1997 specification includes automatic headlamp actuation in low light conditions, performance brakes, electronic traction assistance system (ETAS) and a highly sophisticated new alarm and immobilisation system.

STYLE
    Distinctively styled two-door fixed-head coupe with acoomodation for four adults.
    Wrap-around and colour matched bumpers.
    Four new mica paint finishes have been introduced: Black Sapphire, Black Emerald, Black Garnet and Ocean.
    New bright-finished red wheel centre badges.

TECHNOLOGY
    Automatic ride control provides computer control of the suspension dampers so optimise ride comfort and handling.
    Transmission shigt energy management and adaptive shift control provide computer control of the gearbox to produce smooth gear changes under all conditions.
    Dynamic shift pattern (DSP) modifies the gear change points in 'normal' mode according to driving style.
    Electronic traction assistance system fitted as standard.
    Zytek EMS3 engine management system provides high density 32x32 site bit-maps for fueling and ignition, enabling more accurate engine mapping, so providing greater efficieny, power and throttle response.
    New alarm and immobilisation system with panic, lock and unlock functions controlled from key fob.
    Automatic headlamp system actuates in low light conditions and switches off as light intensity rises. This system may also be programmed to actuate after wipers have been in use for 30 seconds or more.
    Both alarm and headlamp operations are programmable to owner's individual preferences.
    CFC-free air conditioning system.
    GSM digital telephone system (UK). Analogue telephne system (North America).

PERFORMANCE
    6.75 litre V8 engine with exhaust driven turbocharger and liquid-cooled charge air cooler.
    Digital boost control system.
    7.5Jx17 aluminium alloy-wheels fitted with directional 255/55WR17 tyres provide responsive steering and sure-footed roadholding especially in wet conditions.
    Electronic traction assistance system with viscous control differential provides optimum sharing of the engine's power output between the driven wheels for optimum traction and control.
    Centre console-mounted fearshit with sport/standard gear change pattern selector.
    Four speed electronically controlled automatic gearbox with torque converter lock-up
    Maximum power..............286.1 kW (385 bhp) at 4000 min-1
    Maximum torque.............750 Nm (553lbft) between 2000 and 3450 min-1
    Maximum speed..............249 km/h (155 mph)
    Acceleration 0-60 mph.....6.0 seconds
    Acceleration 0-100 km/h..6.3 seconds
    Fuel Consumption............European Union drive cycle
    Urban.............................25.7 l/100 km (11.0 mpg)..........11 mpUSgall
    Extra urban (Highway)....13.0 l/100 km (21.7 mpg)...........16 mpUSgall
    Combined.......................17.7 l/100km (16.0 mpg)...........13 mpUSgall

DURABILITY
    Underside of the bodyshell is zinc-coated and undergoes a ten-stage metal pre-treatment process prior to cathodoc electro-priming. Multi-stage priming process with the latest "clear over base" paint technology.
    Flexibalised pollymer clearcoat laoquer applied to the front surfaces of the motor car provides increased stone-chip protection, yet is almost invisible to the eye.
    Elastomeric stone-chip protective coating is applied to the sill and wheel arch areas prior to painting.

SAFETY
    Fully powered disc braking system with four channel electronic anti-lock system and anti-dive geometry, now featuring performance brakes.
    Driver and front seat passenger airbags.
    Anti-side intrusion beams to doors.
    Dual level air conditioning.
    Careful attention to weight distribution under all loading cases, together with full-length lever arm front suspension and semi-trailing arm rear suspension with Panhard rod provide a progressive handling characteristic at all times.
    Seat belt pre-tensioners to front seat belts.

APPOINTMENTS
    Power/tilt-adjustable steering collumn enables the ideal driving position to be reached, improves instrument visibility and has 'easy entry-exit' feature.
    Memory facility allows the positions of the seat, exterior mirros and steering wheel of four drivers to be recalled.
    Front passenger seat fitted with four memories for seat position.
    Air conditioning outlets for rear seat passengers permit individual control over the rear cabin environment.
    Distinctive and attractive sports style seat for exceptional comfort and support.
    4x30 Watt tuner-cassette audio system, with 6 CD autochanger mounted in centre console armrest for ease of access, playing through an eight speaker system.
    Remote control of in-car entertainment system for rear seat passengers.
    Full hide upholstery, Wilton carpet and lambswool rugs provide a unique interior ambience.
    Burr walnut weneer with straight grained walnut cross-banding.
    Two stage front seat heating.
    Bi-level lumbar support system to front seats.
    Bentley Motors invites its customers to create their own personal specifications by sellecting further enhancements from the wide choice afforded by Bentley accessories and H.J. Mulliner.

DIMENSIONS
    Wheelbase..........................3061 mm (120.5 in)
    Overall length.....................6342 mm (17ft 6.3 in)
    Overall width......................2058 mm (6ft 9.0 in)
    Overall height....................1462 mm (4ft 9.6 in)
    Turning circle.....................12.16 m (39ft 10.7 in)
    Boot/trunk volume.............0.347 m2 (12.262 ft2)

Bentley Continental R #4
    Last edited by Sauc3; 04-04-2006 at 02:09 AM.

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Omg the interior shot..I've seen heaven and it's a sea of dials, wood and leather..Bentley and jaguar can alone be blamed for the destruction of the rainforest..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

I thought this was about the real thing
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I thought this was about the real thing
    I see that Vignale bodied Lancia back there Stunning photo by the way...as always.

Quote Originally Posted by dracu777
    I see that Vignale bodied Lancia back there Stunning photo by the way...as always.
    thanks, i'll post the vignale now as well (ssssttt.)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Bentley Continental R #5

the new one looks better...but this version is more classy

Thread Information