Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Car comparison


View Poll Results: Which Is Better?
1993 Supra Twin Turbo 96 32.88%
!999 Skyline-R34 GT-R 196 67.12%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #496  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:23 PM
cargirl1990's Avatar
cargirl1990 cargirl1990 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,288
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
I notice you have an unmeasurable hate of toyotas and hondas.



The Supra is underpowered??? It has more power than the skyline



By the way, I prefer the Supra because it has a RWD layout. I also like it's shape (Long hood with short tail).
im a very opinionated person and i really don't mean to offend people. u r right with my " unmeasurable hate of Toyota's and Honda's " though. the reason why? almost everybody buys them and because of the conservative styling. i like a car with a bit of style and aggressive design. for example: 2009 Mitsu Lancer Evo. its just my perception of these companies that i get from them like more fuel efficiency than a drivers car. i hope u understand what im trying to convey. a little shallow when it comes to cars. no hard feelings.

Last edited by cargirl1990; 04-15-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:36 PM
clutch-monkey's Avatar
clutch-monkey clutch-monkey is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,256
brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
Send a message via MSN to clutch-monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
im a very opinionated person and i really don't mean to offend people. u r right with my " unmeasurable hate of Toyota's and Honda's " though. the reason why? almost everybody buys them and because of the conservative styling.
yeah everyone buys for looks i agree. fuel economy and reliability isn't a factor these days
__________________
Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:41 PM
cmcpokey's Avatar
cmcpokey cmcpokey is offline
Flat Out
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,042
Kyushu
Send a message via AIM to cmcpokey Send a message via MSN to cmcpokey Send a message via Skype™ to cmcpokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
yeah everyone buys for looks i agree. fuel economy and reliability isn't a factor these days
i think fuel econ is important to most buyers, at least it was when fuel spiked last summer. and as far as reliability, i think perceived reliability is a key aspect. brands such as hyundai and kia are still fighting the negative impact of their poor reliability 15 years ago. despite the fact that they are close rivals for honda and toyota.
__________________
Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Blue Supra's Avatar
Blue Supra Blue Supra is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9,941
In the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
i don't care! Toyota sucks balls.
lol fangirl
__________________
The Datto will rage again...
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
clutch-monkey's Avatar
clutch-monkey clutch-monkey is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,256
brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
Send a message via MSN to clutch-monkey
x2 on percieved reliability, i think on the whole ford and GM get a bad rap for it too (not you, chrysler)
__________________
Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."
Reply With Quote
  #501  
Old 04-17-2009, 10:50 AM
cargirl1990's Avatar
cargirl1990 cargirl1990 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,288
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
yeah everyone buys for looks i agree. fuel economy and reliability isn't a factor these days
i do draw cars and my auto teacher asked me to draw 2 of his 8 cars he was NEVER going to sell so i did it and apparently he loved them. but if someone were to ask me to draw a Supra 4 them and they were a big fan of it, i would do it even though i can't stand Toyota and Honda.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 29,838
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
im a very opinionated person and i really don't mean to offend people. u r right with my " unmeasurable hate of Toyota's and Honda's " though. the reason why? almost everybody buys them and because of the conservative styling. i like a car with a bit of style and aggressive design. for example: 2009 Mitsu Lancer Evo. its just my perception of these companies that i get from them like more fuel efficiency than a drivers car. i hope u understand what im trying to convey. a little shallow when it comes to cars. no hard feelings.
The EDM Honda Civic isn't conservatively styled, and the Accord isn't bad either. And Hondas have always been quite interesting engineering wise.
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 11-20-2010, 06:00 PM
knucklebiter knucklebiter is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
okay, so I was interested in buying a rice-burner, searched for a comparison of the 2 models i preferred and came up with this, and to be honest the amount of I'll suck supra/skyline dick untill death or as some have affectionately posted "fan boy" crap is overwhelming. I just need to get this off my chest and as a word of warning, don't bother mentioning drag stats, engine codes/specs etc, if you have no idea about the engineering that goes on behind it, the amount of numbnuts that pull out the kilowatts and newton meters should be shot. next off anyone who uses drag stats for a skyline should be shot, since when was a AWD with super HICAS designed for drag racing? Let's face it, this thread shouldn't be about which car would win in a drag race, because again I could count the number of people that drag stock on one hand. Next thing is I don't even think the Supra was designed or marketed to be in direct competition with the skyline, It seems to contend moreso with the z series, and I'm pretty sure that's a fact. The point I'm trying to make, is that the Skyline gt-r is in a class of it's own, this car is designed for the race track and then dumped on the everyday road. The supra on the other hand deserves credit too, the lines on this car are amazing for 1993. It just looks amazing and comparing these too amazing machines is laike comparing apples to oranges, idiots may get specific but in the end it just comes down to taste.

anyway after that I'd like to say that out of the 2 I'd prefer a skyline, It's stealthy lines just look aggressive, (in the words of dave chappelle playing tyrone biggums GOD DAMN!!!!)

and yes at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, i posted this on the wrong forum, so here, i posted it again... haha
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 11-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Rockefella's Avatar
Rockefella Rockefella is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16,607
Northern New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Rockefella Send a message via MSN to Rockefella
Supra vs Skyline

Jajajajaja I agree ^

Skyline is BEST! ^_^
__________________
Rockefella says:
pat's sister is hawt
David Fiset says:
so is mine
David Fiset says:
do want
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 11-23-2010, 04:20 AM
2JZ Mikey.'s Avatar
2JZ Mikey. 2JZ Mikey. is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
I agree with all the "wins"you just mentioned,plus the fact that Supras look sexier,and most importantly,they have the best straight six to ever grace the earth,the 2JZ.Just ask Titan Motorsports.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Bugace Bugace is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
I find the Supra better for one reason, and one alone. Pricetag. Espacially as used car.

But why do You chose the '93 Supra. the second gen Supra got the strongest engine, whn it comes too tuning. Also having a way better chassi. The only thing third gen Supras have compared to the 2nd gen, is the stock numbers, and look. If You begin tuning, the 2nd gen have a way better potencial.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 03-12-2014, 06:42 AM
TRD2014 TRD2014 is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
Toyota= King of all JAPANESE IMPORTS IN MY EYES.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 03-12-2014, 06:44 AM
TRD2014 TRD2014 is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
Supra for sure

I've driven them both, my brother imports exotic cars from different countries. The Skyline is junk to me, it's a 90k Nissan 350Z that is heavy, and just doesn't look or sound as good as the Supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JZ Mikey. View Post
I agree with all the "wins"you just mentioned,plus the fact that Supras look sexier,and most importantly,they have the best straight six to ever grace the earth,the 2JZ.Just ask Titan Motorsports.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 03-12-2014, 06:54 AM
TRD2014 TRD2014 is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
Really?

Really? how isn't the Supra made to compete with the Skyline? The Skyline to me is junk. It feels like a 350Z with a 90k+ price tag how do I know? I've driven them both and I know what they both car do. The Supra has been known to collide with any sports car, why not collide with a Skyline? I've seen Supra's wipe the floor with Skylines day after day.
One thing is for like you have stated, it all comes down to opinion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklebiter View Post
okay, so I was interested in buying a rice-burner, searched for a comparison of the 2 models i preferred and came up with this, and to be honest the amount of I'll suck supra/skyline dick untill death or as some have affectionately posted "fan boy" crap is overwhelming. I just need to get this off my chest and as a word of warning, don't bother mentioning drag stats, engine codes/specs etc, if you have no idea about the engineering that goes on behind it, the amount of numbnuts that pull out the kilowatts and newton meters should be shot. next off anyone who uses drag stats for a skyline should be shot, since when was a AWD with super HICAS designed for drag racing? Let's face it, this thread shouldn't be about which car would win in a drag race, because again I could count the number of people that drag stock on one hand. Next thing is I don't even think the Supra was designed or marketed to be in direct competition with the skyline, It seems to contend moreso with the z series, and I'm pretty sure that's a fact. The point I'm trying to make, is that the Skyline gt-r is in a class of it's own, this car is designed for the race track and then dumped on the everyday road. The supra on the other hand deserves credit too, the lines on this car are amazing for 1993. It just looks amazing and comparing these too amazing machines is laike comparing apples to oranges, idiots may get specific but in the end it just comes down to taste.

anyway after that I'd like to say that out of the 2 I'd prefer a skyline, It's stealthy lines just look aggressive, (in the words of dave chappelle playing tyrone biggums GOD DAMN!!!!)

and yes at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, i posted this on the wrong forum, so here, i posted it again... haha
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supra vs Skyline Supra-Devil Car comparison 41 03-23-2014 04:40 AM
Blitz Supra Vs Blitz Skyline Supra-Devil Car comparison 56 06-12-2010 10:34 PM
Supra vs Skyline GT-R vs 3000GT vs NSX r34_296kw General Automotive 195 01-13-2010 03:04 PM
Twin Turbo Or Big Single???? ludi_konj General Automotive 178 05-19-2008 04:10 PM
Skyline R34 GTR WRC SpeedFreak General Automotive 106 05-09-2006 06:51 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 PM.

 

1998 - 2014 Ultimatecarpage.com